PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for Extreme Dirt Track Nationals this year

One_Bad_400
02-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Roll call seeing who is going to be racing the TT series or is just going to be there watching if you cant race!

CFRacer03
02-19-2006, 07:58 PM
I'll be there, depending on whether we can keep the bike running. I might race, but I'll be there watchin either way!

only 76 days left.

440ex dragger
03-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I should be at the Greenbriar National, Bullet National too. Hopefully I will be on a YFZ. If not then look for my R.

300exQuadracer
04-09-2006, 09:15 AM
i`ll be to every race, racing open class

One_Bad_400
04-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
i`ll be to every race, racing open class

sweet... what will you be ridding? what class? like a,b,c?

300exQuadracer
04-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Orange 310R, probabaly B

TTZ450
04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
WE SHOULD MAKE THE FIRST RACE IN BRASHEAR TX.

Higs
04-14-2006, 07:44 PM
We will be at Brashear. Open B with the 500 KFX and my daughter will run 50 CC prod with the DRX.

See ya there.

Higs

One_Bad_400
04-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by TTZ450
WE SHOULD MAKE THE FIRST RACE IN BRASHEAR TX.

is that the only one you can make it to?

One_Bad_400
04-14-2006, 09:03 PM
19 MORE DAYS TILL MY TRAILER WHEELS ARE ROLLING TO TEXAS!!! hew hew!!!!

and my bike is no where near ready... i'm getting scared... i might be rolling up on last years bike for the first race just to get some points...:tired:

300exQuadracer
04-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
and my bike is no where near ready... i'm getting scared... i might be rolling up on last years bike for the first race just to get some points...:tired:

we have 2 bikes that are bare frames right now haha:rolleyes:

TTZ450
04-15-2006, 01:36 PM
No, we are planning on making all the races... We still have 3 bikes with bare frames...

CFRacer03
04-17-2006, 09:11 AM
hey, well at least we're further along than ya'll, we have a powdercoated frame :D

the suspension is supposed to be here this week though...

TTZ450
04-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I POWDER COATED OUR 3 FRAMES TODAY AND GOT ONE BACK TOGETHER AND ANOTHER HALF BACK TOGETHER. SO WE SHOULD MAKE IT IN FULL FORCE.. ALSO WE ARE TRYING TO BECOME A HOOSIER DEALER, SO IF ANTBODY IS INTERESTED LET ME KNOW SO I KNOW WHAT COMPOUNDS MOST OF YOU WANT TO USE... ALSO WE HAVE A BUDDY THAT DOES A ARMS AND SWINGARMS IN MY AREA .. HE CUTS US PRETTY GOOD DEALS SO LET ME KOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED... SO FAR WE ARE TRYING TO BECOME HOOSIER, ACE FABRICATION, WICKED ENGINEERING, HIPER TECH., DEALERS AND PROBABLY START BUILDING Z-400 RACE ENGINES.

JenniferRath
05-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Loading the trailer as we speak...and all you guys complain about women over packing:rolleyes: I think we have everything we need and enough extra for everyone else.
Believe it or not this is one of the closest ones for us- it is a scary thing when 14 hours...just doesn's seem all that bad!
See you there!

palot
05-03-2006, 08:33 PM
well trailer is loaded and ready to go. so i guess we will there to.
so far 9 of us making the trip. close to 20 hour's for us. not really looking forward to the ride, see everyone there.

One_Bad_400
05-03-2006, 11:21 PM
see ya there... i wish i was packed... my bike is still got soem work to do.. and Jackie M's bike has ALOT of work to do... as in we havent even got the engine or suspention... wow... this sucks... lol... and i still have to work on my brother's quad tomorrow... sheash

One_Bad_400
05-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by JenniferRath
Loading the trailer as we speak...and all you guys complain about women over packing:rolleyes: I think we have everything we need and enough extra for everyone else.
Believe it or not this is one of the closest ones for us- it is a scary thing when 14 hours...just doesn's seem all that bad!
See you there!

Jennifer, this is Hunter Haswell... Dont forget my sway-bar :D ... lol...

but other then that... Thank You for all the suspension and help you've done, the parts are top notch and i just got done putting everything on about 30 minutes ago (its 12:41 AM) lol...

well we'll see you there... good luck to every one... hope i can get my bike running... i wont even be able to start it till i get the the track... Curtis Sparks has my CDI box and we're meeting them at the track with it..

Good luck!

xsr_racing28c
05-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I should be able to make it to the KY race Sept 23rd, but am a nooby to TT... Keep an eye out for me and my machine..

TTZ450
05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
HEY JENNIFER, ARE YOU GUYS PLANNING ON BRINGING SOME SWAY BARS TO SELL? I AM NEEDING ANOTHER ONE FOR A SPARE AND ONE FOR ANOTHER BIKE.. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL HAVE 2..

gtownfiddys
05-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Kieth Little packed his lunch boys. He is gonna come eat it and go home with a win. You heard it hear!

iceracer65
05-05-2006, 09:35 PM
we made it, track is tacky as usual :D

my bike is running real well, cant complain. pretty much every pro looks super fast with 99% of them on RED! ;)

cant wait for tomorrow....

LuckyOxygen
05-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Any LT-r's there?

schl48
05-06-2006, 05:18 AM
darin ogden is trying one out.

LuckyOxygen
05-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Hope it does well, but I'd say a Honda will take the win....

spent21
05-06-2006, 09:51 AM
i am intrested in setting my 250r up for TT but i don't know where to go. i'm in Nashville and have been looking for tracks within 3 hours. is there a list of the TT tracks somewhere?
thanks!

iceracer65
05-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
Any LT-r's there?

there are a couple, few and far between.

races got through production a today, the pros were all ready to start their practice when the skys opened up. :(

they are going to run the rest of the races tomorrow if weather complies. the track was extremely tacky and rough today. with alot of rain in the last few days, little else can be expected
\

timx2
05-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Pro Class

Farr
Goodman
Little
Hitt

Track was very ruff from the rain, Farr lapped up to 5th place,

Amatuer racers were scored by there heats races ,because it took so much time this morning getting the track ready . The remander of the heats were ran and the pro heats and mains.

racinggrl5
05-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Well I have something to say about round 1. I and alot more racers believe this track was held very unprofessional. These races are suppost to be the highest level of TT or Extreme dirt track racing in the country. I dont want to see this sport go down in the drain. Here are my thoughts of what they need to consider. People drive forever in a day to get to these places and spend more money imagined. Mains were scored out of the heat races, I dont know what you would call that because it wasnt a rainout. They let the am. classes that didnt finish there heats finish sunday and then let pro and pro-am races do their pratice, heats, and mains sunday also. The Ref's reason for doing that was decided sunday morning and he said the track was too dangerous to race on Sunday to finish up the mains for am. Okay so the way I and alot of others took it is that he decides who's life he puts in danger and who's life isnt in danger on the track or that they dont want to take the time out to fix the track. He said pros and pro-am racers were professionals. 2 riders that got hurt racing and they werent the am racers. One had to be air vac to the hospital and the other in a ambulance. And we all know we dont see many pro and pro-am racers get hurt like that at these Nationals. The guy that had to be air vac was laying on the track having convolsions for atleast 3 mins before any offical seen what was going on, after he wreck. There were not enough officals and I and others believe there should be aleast 3 Refs on the track every national to make decisons throughout the enitre weekend. [Football must be pretty smart because they have more than one Ref and its only a 100 yards.] Nobody watched the starting line, many racers were jumping the start and getting away with it. All this should of never happened. There wasnt a medical flag to wave to the ambulance. The ambulance wouldnt even drive on the track to get the racers that were hurt. They decided to drive a utility atv instead. They should of made sure the track they pick for nationals has the equipment to handle this sort of stuff when it rains to fix the track, and if it pushes a day ahead then so be it. This is the highest level of Extreme dirt track racing in the country! They do it with nascar and did it back int he 1980's. Remember these are suppost to be handled as professional ATV races also. The track should of never of been raced on the first place until it was fixed the first time it rained. That sort of stuff can be fixed, believe me Ive seen it many of times. Nobody wanted to be on the track because it was awful due to the rain. There was no shirts and program books. They said the shirts were on a train and the train got derailed on the way there. Ok understandable, but I dont know why they waited until the last minute. Also there was a major problem with the flag that lets riders know they are about to get lapped by the leaders. In the riders meeting, the Ref said the flag was blue with white strip. That isnt what the flag looks like, its blue with a yellow strip but in the races he was just throwing a blue flag? During the pro races people were on the track while they were racing. The track was dangerous enough. Pro payout was so completely awful. Tim Farr only took home $1500. Goodman $1000, and Keith only $750. That was for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. It took more money than that to get them here and back. They took 15min brakes during each pro and pro-am race, if that was the case then they could of raced some mains through that time. Something that was said during the riders meeting is that the Ref said that they will put jumps in the tracks because TT races are boring. Well it sounds to me he needs to find another job because thats what we are here for. I really am sick of them comparing us to motocross because we are nothing like motorcross. We need our own Refs, rules, and different classes. Im here for this sport and this sport only and at this rate its not going to go anywhere. Im not trying to come off to be mean but something needs to be done for the sake of this sport.

One_Bad_400
05-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Well I have something to say about round 1. I and alot more racers believe this track was held very unprofessional.

A-Men!!!! Jennifer helped alot... but i mean the races got so switched around i missed one my races :mad: and my 450r blew a hole in the exhaust port and it ws blowing steam out like crazy! i was lapping my steam... ya'll will probly know who i am... i was the blue 450R that smoked the hole track up likelittle did... so i had to push the bike across the starting line

i think they would had been better off just re-schedualing the race for another weekend... and me and my brother tried to talk to shmity(sp) and all he did was ignor us... oh well... i Still think all they should do is throw that HOLE race out... and ether re-schedual it... or just forget about it

CFRacer03
05-08-2006, 09:14 AM
wow racinggrl5, that was probably one of the best posts I have ever seen on these forums. The race was VERY unprofessional and I'll tell you right now why they just went off the heat races, this "ref" you keep talking about, I won't say his name, had a plane ticket out at 4:00 he didn't want to miss.

IMO the races should have been rescheduled for anther weekend, twice during the season there is a one month break where the race could have been placed, or it could have been placed at the end of the series. As much money as I and many others had going into that race I would have much rather spend just a little more gas money to come back to the track in able to do it right!

I could go on and make a longer post than racinggrl5 did but I really am so fed up with thinking about how the race was ran I really don't feel like talking about it any more.

racinggrl5
05-08-2006, 09:56 AM
We all seriously need to call for a protest!

schl48
05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
i've been to a couple of rain outs and once everyone has paid to get in and a little or alot of rain it's the same. these storys are the same all the time. they get there money they could care less about the riders or the race. simple as that.

CFRacer03
05-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by schl48
i've been to a couple of rain outs and once everyone has paid to get in and a little or alot of rain it's the same. these storys are the same all the time. they get there money they could care less about the riders or the race. simple as that.

I can understand that at a little bs local track race, but these are national championships we're talking about

fourfortyfour
05-08-2006, 12:26 PM
My kids race the 90 cc Jr class and Youth Production classes. We are from Tulsa, Oklahoma ( Quad Squad Race Team) This is what I wrote to Doug Morris this morning. I haven't had a reply yet. I will post the reply.

Hello,

I am just writing to you as I am recovering from the past weekend and all the rain in Brashear Texas.

My children raced in the 90cc Jr class and Youth Production classes. They did mediocre in their heats but made changes for the main. We waited around until Sunday for their mains but they were cancelled. The only reason we stayed until Sunday is because it clearly states that Sunday is reserved for rain out dates. Smitty said we cancelled the mains because of track conditions yet all the rest of the heats were ran and mains for pros. If the track was truly in that bad of condition then no one should have been allowed on the track. Truthfully most all amateurs felt that it was cancelled because Smitty had a flight to catch at 5:00.

I know that pro’s attract the crowds but the amateur riders come and pay a ton to race too and thousands to travel to each race including food and fuel..etc. It is the amateurs that buy the parts and products advertised by the pros.

After talking with several who always attend the national events…this has happened before in Ohio…Smitty left and then left it up to the track promoters to cancel the race 20 min. after he was gone…only to have the sun shine all day and the races could have been ran.

Because of this we cannot afford to waste our money on trips that are not going to benefit our racing. My kids were so upset and Smitty was not approachable about this. He wasn’t hearing comments from racers unless it was what he wanted to hear.

I was also there to witness a terrible crash that required life flight…during the time the young man was having a seizure and convulsing…Smitty yells out “Nobody fixes their bike!!!!” People from the crowd were yelling, “Shut-Up Smitty”. This was really unsympathetic to the situation and a prayer should have been said for this young man. I understand that he had to keep the racing going but it also appeared that he just wanted to hurry up because he was on a time schedule.

I also had the chance to listen to the rider’s meeting and you were very professional and so was Jennifer Rath but Smitty was so unprofessional and had a tone of “Everything is bad and boring with TT” . My children have raced since they were 5 years old. We are ATV enthusiasts as a family and we race year round. I promote the Yahoo indoor series in Tulsa Oklahoma and I know first hand how to handle riders and their families. If I ran my races the way that they were handled at the National level…we wouldn’t have any return customers and we have over 225 entries just for an indoor race series.

I wanted my children to experience the fun and excitement of a National event. We have attended two previously and we always go to Twin Creeks and Brashear for local ARQA races so we race against the very best in the country but this past experience made me not want to go to the rest of the races at the National level. We have several friends that use to attend the Nationals but have quit coming because of the very same complaints. I would hope that in the future the sport and it’s amateurs will be taken into consideration before a rash decision is made that will affect so many riders and their families. Please schedule his flights on Monday mornings and reserve the entire Sunday for rain out days. I considered taking this story to publications as I was very disgruntled but I care too much for the sport. We own 9 ATV’s both race ready and recreational and we support all the laws of riding. We take in children who want to race and help them get started and bring them to the races too. We take them in the summer to Little Sahara to ride and to the mountains too. My children have been featured in ATV Sport Magazine and Dirt Wheels in the Letters Sections.

I would appreciate any response you might have and thank you for fighting for ATV riders and racers rights.

I do want to applaud the Reynold’s family for a great race series and always getting the track ready. I told her that I was upset and she said they have to do whatever Smitty wants them to. They always try to get a full race in when we race their tracks.

300exQuadracer
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
i was the guy on the orange and black 250r on saturday 1st heat race of the day 16-24 and i broke a ball joint on the table top, i broke my collar bone and fractured my ankle and the EMS said i was fine, when i got home it hurt so bad i went straight to the emergency room (this morning at 7:00) and they where like why did you wait so long to get checked out, and they wanna know what county the ems was from
IMO the way the track was run in sat was crap it was sooo rough and that could have been prevented with a good grader, we have a practice track that is much cleaner that that one,
if i would have been able to race sunday i shure would have wanted to be able to run my mains other than just a heat race

440ex dragger
05-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Well I didnt attend and now am glad that I didnt. I have been to previous TT national events and smitty has always been unapprochable IMO. He said that last year at the Brashear TT that it was boring and that they needed more jumps to bring in spectators.

Lori and Terry however take great care of the track in Greenbriar and I will be in attendance their. They have made that track a great family environment and hold their races very professionally. I doubt a protest would work but with enough backing I dont see why it wouldnt have an effect on later races.

Sorry about you luck guys hope to see you in Greenbriar.

JenniferRath
05-08-2006, 04:11 PM
I have been watching this thread and following it- I know when I was introduced at the riders meeting it was said I will try and be a good ear for concerns and questions. All of these concerns are very good concerns and as much as I wish I had the "power" to promise that it will be a perfect season without issues/problems/safety concerns I can not. I can promise that if we ever are in the same situation again I will not let some of the things that happened go un-mentioned.

The hardest part of this is I have to wear alot of hats ( sponsor coordinator/ wife of a pro racer / a mom of four youth racers/ a sponsor "mom" to a whole bunch of great riders:) ) So I am thinking about things from a lot of different views as I watch things unfold.

There was alot of fustration this weekend for some crucial concerns but I did notice something very good out of this thread..instead of a just finger pointing we took it to the next step and made some suggestions and tossed out some ideas to make this better, that is the only way to improve things. Believe it or not we are all in this sport because we love it and enjoy it, we are in it together. After taking this positon and working a little more behind the scenes I can honestly say that the reason some things in the past have gone unchanged or fallen through the cracks was because of no persistance or follow through. Someone would get upset chew somebody out and it would never be brought up again, or my favorite "that's not my job" answer. I think about Debi B while I write this ..she is a great example of how persitance to change something for the better can happen- she did it for MX

For those of you who did make it to the event - I hope you had a safe trip home and I am looking forward to seeing ya'all (:D just a little term I learned while in TX) in a few weeks.

:ermm:
Now on a a sad note- the rider that was air vac'd out was one of our sponsored riders I have been in contact with his family and although he is still in ICU in critical condition he is stable. We are in a holding period for the next few days to get a better idea of how serious he is hurt. A few extra prayers could do some good right now!

300exQuadracer
05-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Now on a a sad note- the rider that was air vac'd out was one of our sponsored riders I have been in contact with his family and although he is still in ICU in critical condition he is stable. We are in a holding period for the next few days to get a better idea of how serious he is hurt. A few extra prayers could do some good right now!
:ermm: [/B][/QUOTE]

was his name justin??, we left kelsey and shaun there so i could get to the hospital and they werent shure what the name was

timx2
05-08-2006, 04:50 PM
We didn't go to the race either and thank goodness. But we did miss all the freinds and fun we normally have. I have been racing the Nationals off and on for the past 20 years, and ever since the current so called "Ref" has been attending the races, there has been at least one race during the season (usually more) that has controversy and that he is involved with. I have been told that he is a volunteer and only gets his expenses paid. My question is, why can't [we] as the ATVA find a qualified individual and pay them to do the job that they were sent to do? If that person knew his job was on the line he would be more likely to make the right decisions. Even most racers wouldn't mind paying, say $3.00 ,extra, this past weekend that would have gave this person over $900 and the ATVA could still pay his expenses or pay the total cost for that matter! We do pay our $39 per year.

We also attend the local races that the Reynolds family promote and they always do an exellent job, I have never been to race big or small that pleased everone and throw in mother nature and things are going to go wrong. But someone , be it the ATVA or the promotor, someone needs to have the authority to make the final decision.

The ATVA slogan posted on their website is "Working For You" how come no one likes the job they are doing?

gtownfiddys
05-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Couple things to think about. You can't change mother nature. It rained nothing they could have done about it. I know some practice tracks are SO nice they should be on the national circuit :huh If you SAW the suvs and trucks that got out on the track saturday trying to dry it out, It didn't work they trucks were so heavy they were making bigger problems than what was already present so how would a grader or tractor work for that matter? I will not agree with everything the ref did this weekend. But why did only one person say something at the riders meeting sunday morning when he said finish the heats, run the pro am and pro mains, then go home? I heard 1 persom say something! Two. Somebody made the point that the riders that did get hurt were pro am riders. Why would you want to put 20 C class riders on the same track? Yes the track was rough. Yes mr. reynolds and mr. krotky did everything they could do. When i walked the track i saw some places that were really rough and for the most part it was the sweeper after the straight stretch. Both for that matter. It was dangerous. Luckly after a few races the track was dry and hooked up but it was still really rough. I overheard somebody say that if they would have tried to smooth that out it would have just made huge mounds of dirt and would have done nothing to the track. I believed them when i saw the huge mounds of dirt off to the side right before the options lanes. Their was a person watching the starting line but you wouldn't have known it. I was sitting next to them when they stopped a race and put somebody on the back row. I agree with Ms. Rath when she said she was wearing a couple different hats. You have to look at it in different ways. I believe some of the am. mains could have been ran sunday. But the condition of the track was in way better shape after the call was made. It was still slick in the sweepers when smitty made call. And the races would have gone late into the night!!!! Did all you guys drive 12+ hours home and go right to work this morning? Overall I think the reynolds and Krotky family did an outstanding job as usual. I can't complain on the official call of the race and the official that made it. He runs the show. I will support him for that. And he takes crap like this for a living with out hurting someone. I will attend more nationals and hope everything goes PERFECT like always but i know that they won't. And their will be people on here doing the same thing. It happens everywhere. Look at OHIO. Most of the race promotors don't just want money. Or i don't think they would be doing it. It wouldn't be worth the hassle. You can't make everybody happy it's not possible. I just hope everyone would see us as a big family and address issues in a polite manner.

JenniferRath
05-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Fallen Rider Update! We did get a little bit of good news that things are starting to go into the right direction. He does have major head trauma with some small bleeds in the brain. New scans show that there is no new bleeds, and the old bleeds show no new blood. Good sign! A great sign is when they backed of the medication they are sedating him with he responded to touch on all limbs, and moved his arms. There is still alot of swelling in the brain it does not appear to be getting worse but it is not going down yet either.
I let his family know there are alot of us pulling for him..so please say another prayer...it must be working!

fourfortyfour
05-09-2006, 07:56 AM
I would have said something at the rider's meeting except I couldn't hear it from the hum of all the generators and my kids saying, "We have to get ready...Where's my...?" Ha. The riders next to us told us about it. I stayed close to the riders meeting when everyone else was talking but when Smitty started talking...I guess I walked off to the quiet hum of the generator land because he is always so negative. After I heard about the decision I did go up and say something and so did my husband. Smitty said,"I'm not talking to you!"

I agree that the position needs to be a paid position with someone in charge that is professional and approachable. This person needs to be fair and have an upbeat personality that will draw people in. (Not a Debbie Downer")

I love the Reynolds family and Krotky always does a great job of hosting racers. But something needs to be done about the Ref.

I really enjoy the racers and their families who attend the National races...they are top notch people who ban together to be like a family.

Thank you Jennifer for stepping up and doing such a great job. I know what kind of pressure you must be under to make things go smoothly and still keep your race team together. I too wear a lot of hats and keep my little team together and I usually never say too much but this really got to me.

As far as the track conditions...I know it was rough because it was on Saturday too.

I will be in prayer for the young man who crashed. It was a really tough wreck to watch. I know that everyone's prayers are going out to him and his family.

xsr_racing28c
05-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Wow, after reading all of the last few posts here and on other sites it seems like the Texas race was a total loss. Being my first season racing local TT races up here in Wisconsin, I really don't know if i am going to hit any of the nationals this season, but after reading all of the posts on this race kinda scares me about spending the money to travel to a national event.

I agree very highly about the importance of putting on a great show at a national event because it is unreal how much money these privateers put out to showcase there riding at a national event. Myself having not aquired any sponsors or being given money from the outside, i couldn't see spending the money to travel that far and spent all the money to be unsure about how the conditions and management of the track would be. It seems like Jennifer Rath is being very mature about this any is having an ear for the public and hopefully hearin all of the complaints and comments, something can be done to better the National TT program.
I really hope that this TT circuit explodes over the next few years, because many are starting to realize how fun and challenging this style of racing is. This past sunday was my first District 16 TT race and even though i didn't finish the best, i still had so much fun and can't wait for the next race!!!

Stick in there guys and girls, i'm sure some of these comments and concerns will come to the attention of some whom are higher up in the GNC TT series and changes will occur during the season....But who knows! ~Jay

gtownfiddys
05-09-2006, 08:14 AM
I understand that you have kids and you were trying to get them ready. I wasn't talking to one individaul in my post at all. It look to me as if there was over half the riders there! Would you not agree with me by saying if more people would have said, Hey let's roll the track or something then see how it looks because at the time he made the call nobody had gone on the track. I think if people would have voiced their opinion instead of clap and say GOOD CALL then it would have been different.

Jennifer, I'm glad to hear the good news about Jason, I will keep him in my prayers and hope for the best!

CFRacer03
05-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by fourfortyfour
I would have said something at the rider's meeting except I couldn't hear it from the hum of all the generators and my kids saying, "We have to get ready...Where's my...?" Ha. The riders next to us told us about it. I stayed close to the riders meeting when everyone else was talking but when Smitty started talking...I guess I walked off to the quiet hum of the generator land because he is always so negative. After I heard about the decision I did go up and say something and so did my husband. Smitty said,"I'm not talking to you!"

Myself and SEVERAL others did the same thing immediately after the meeting, I just figured it would be easier to discuss other alternatives one on one, but myself and others I saw try to approach him got the same reply you did, "I'm not hearing it!" type reply

It has been mentioned by several people and I too would like to see a new person, or small group of people, whichever would work better, hold this position

fourfortyfour
05-09-2006, 09:08 AM
I really don't think anything we would have said would have changed his mind. He had a plane to catch and the program had to be done by the time he left. I think it was definitely the best choice for him at the time.

racinggrl5
05-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Our gang of people did not attend the riders meeting Sunday morning because we were told that we would finish our mains on Sunday and the races would start at 8:30, nothing more. All of us were done with our heats races. We didnt not get to the track until 9:00am because we were told that. As soon as we all got there we did say something to the Ref, I for one kept trying to talk to him while he would just walk away and say ok I dont want to hear it also. This is suppost to be a premire event! There defently could of been some good races if they would of waited and prepared the track right even if it would of been sunday night or so until we got done. Remember this is the highest level of Extreme dirt track racing. If they didnt have the equipment to fix it then it shouldnt of been raced on at all. It could of roteatilled Sunday around 11:00 for about an hour half and ready to race on by 1:00. Because when u keep turning it, it drys. It would of worked. Anybody that cancels a race at 8:30 in the morning knows nothing about dirt and doesnt plan on working on it. We have been going to these things for 20 years. We had a alot of rain at alot of tracks but we still got to race on a decent track.

fourfortyfour
05-09-2006, 09:37 AM
I agree with you. The track could have been prepared if done right. We have a track too and when it rains we get-er-done a(as my 13 would say)!! My kids practice daily and you've heard of the Oklahoma weather....rain, sun, snow...all in one day! We know dirt!

I think we need to protest and get a group of paid ref's to come and make decisions. If it were up to the promoters of the race...I think they would have fixed it and ran the schedule. I know people drove farther than we did and they had to be back at work but it is rather backward to drive hundreds and hundreds of miles and go back when you are so close to a finish. Thats like going for a swim across the lake and getting tired half way across and turning back and swimming to the side you came from.

I will pay extra to get someone else!!!!!!:mad:

timx2
05-09-2006, 03:45 PM
He will have to remember alot of names!.......

gtownfiddys
05-10-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by racinggrl5
This is suppost to be a premire event! There defently could of been some good races if they would of waited and prepared the track right even if it would of been sunday night or so until we got done. Remember this is the highest level of Extreme dirt track racing. If they didnt have the equipment to fix it then it shouldnt of been raced on at all. It could of roteatilled Sunday around 11:00 for about an hour half and ready to race on by 1:00. Because when u keep turning it, it drys. It would of worked. Anybody that cancels a race at 8:30 in the morning knows nothing about dirt and doesnt plan on working on it. We have been going to these things for 20 years. We had a alot of rain at alot of tracks but we still got to race on a decent track.

Next year i vote for you to do ALL the work at ALL the TT events that way the tracks are prepared right! I've been to your so called track and it's sand. What makes you think you could have made the track in texas ready to race on when you know nothing about the type of dirt? That track is like a sponge. You can't just roll it out or it will cake up on the roller and turn it into a supercross track. That track was prepared for WEEKS for this race. By mark krocty and mark alone. There are different types of dirt at different tracks. If that amount of rain had been at any other track it possibly could have been fixed. If you have every walked through a bean or rice field in the south you know what "gumbo" is. That is all that track is. That is why saturday due to moisture the track had ruts in several places. When you put pressure on that type of dirt several times it tends to cake up and cause ruts. Once again, there is no need to point fingers. Protest, Do what you have too. But you have never ran a national event and have never experienced that pressure before.

Oh and by the way it's SUPPOST to be supposed.

racinggrl5
05-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by gtownfiddys
Next year i vote for you to do ALL the work at ALL the TT events that way the tracks are prepared right! I've been to your so called track and it's sand. What makes you think you could have made the track in texas ready to race on when you know nothing about the type of dirt? That track is like a sponge. You can't just roll it out or it will cake up on the roller and turn it into a supercross track. That track was prepared for WEEKS for this race. By mark krocty and mark alone. There are different types of dirt at different tracks. If that amount of rain had been at any other track it possibly could have been fixed. If you have every walked through a bean or rice field in the south you know what "gumbo" is. That is all that track is. That is why saturday due to moisture the track had ruts in several places. When you put pressure on that type of dirt several times it tends to cake up and cause ruts. Once again, there is no need to point fingers. Protest, Do what you have too. But you have never ran a national event and have never experienced that pressure before.

Oh and by the way it's SUPPOST to be supposed.

My father promotes races throught the entire season and I am there with him by his side. Yes, we all have ran a National event. Benton, MO. We had 3ft of water, and we still raced and the track and it wasnt sand. Sikeston Racepark is one of our funnest tracks according to most people. We've had alot of Pro racers from Nationals come down and race with us. We do know what gumbo is, delt with it many times. We puts races on at Sikeston Racepark, Semoraceway MX, Semoraceway TT, PIR, Flickerwood Arena, R Bar H Arena, Show me center, and does some state fairs. Im am not pointing figers at anyone. Lori and Terry and very nice people and I understand how hard it is to put National events on. Im sorry you are upset for the things I said, but if thats how you like National events to be handled then thats your choice. By the way, I am sorry for my spelling everyone, I am the worst spellier in the world.

cody anderson
05-10-2006, 07:18 AM
-JENNIFER RATH-

"a sponsor "mom" to a whole bunch of great riders"

Ahh, I think we all know that I'm truley an "only child" when it comes to that catagory... I mean, after all, ther's a lot of people that think you REALLY are my Mom! Who else would let me take the Caddy rental out to pack the track?

Thanks for dinner last night, it was REALLY, REALLY good! (for those of you who don't know, my mother, Jen, is prolly the best cook that I know. I'm talking 5-stars here ladies and Gents.)

Happy Momma's day on Sunday. I have a suprise for you

cody anderson
05-10-2006, 07:20 AM
By the way, thank you all for saying a little extra prayer for our fellow racer Jason Miller... I, and the rest of his family and friends appreciate it.

4trax250x81
05-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by cody anderson
By the way, thank you all for saying a little extra prayer for our fellow racer Jason Miller... I, and the rest of his family and friends appreciate it.

Has anyone heard anymore news regarding Jason on how he is doing? Lets hope for the best!

xsr_racing28c
05-10-2006, 08:30 AM
No way, man my stomach just dropped.. I didn't know the rider that got hurt was Jason.. My prayers are with ya man.. come back home to Wisconsin soon!!!!!

Jennifer, If you have any updates on his situation, please let us know.. It's a real shame when you here something like this and it really makes you think about stuff. Does anyone know how the accident happened??

CFRacer03
05-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
No way, man my stomach just dropped.. I didn't know the rider that got hurt was Jason.. My prayers are with ya man.. come back home to Wisconsin soon!!!!!

Jennifer, If you have any updates on his situation, please let us know.. It's a real shame when you here something like this and it really makes you think about stuff. Does anyone know how the accident happened??

I actually looked away the second he wrecked then turned around to see him laying on the ground, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it involved a TRACTOR tire...

which reminds me, I think that large of a tire is fine for sprint car races or something but a softer barrier should be used for quads...he probably could have been okay if there was a row of haybales(sp?) or something there. just a thought, although I've been to some tracks that used concrete walls...

4trax250x81
05-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by CFRacer03
I actually looked away the second he wrecked then turned around to see him laying on the ground, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it involved a TRACTOR tire...

which reminds me, I think that large of a tire is fine for sprint car races or something but a softer barrier should be used for quads...he probably could have been okay if there was a row of haybales(sp?) or something there. just a thought, although I've been to some tracks that used concrete walls...

Thats what I heard too, but I didnt know how accurate the story was that I heard.

xsr_racing28c
05-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Man i just hope that everything comes out ok with him. I watched the video of the pros racing at the track on the homepage here, and i just can't believe that they let them go out there in those conditions. It looked more like an mx track out there with all of the ruts. To me it looked like they could have probably afforded to just wait for another weekend to have these races.

I am thinking about making a thread in the main forum to show support for Jason and get some more prayers going here.

C-LEIGH RACING
05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
I call for a ban at any ATVA sanctioned event of useing tires to mark a track layout.
Tires have no place marking an atv race track & only insite an accident.
Marking the parking lot would be a better choise of use for tires.
Would anyone else sign with me in protest on this issue.
There is no excuse when it comes to the importants of rider safety.
Neil Pritchard
C-Leigh Racing Team

300exQuadracer
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
I call for a ban at any ATVA sanctioned event of useing tires to mark a track layout.
Neil Pritchard
C-Leigh Racing Team

our team was actally just talking about that too, they shoulda had bales or at least a atv tire that would have a little give when you hit it

One_Bad_400
05-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Neil Pritchard
C-Leigh Racing Team

i'm with that... right after that happened everyone that was in my trailer was talking about that and how STUPED that is to use something that is un movable... i could even upderstad the rope with the flags hanging off... atleast that would give before an fourwheeler a-arm or frame would!

Team151Racin
05-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I am posting this response to everyone who was hating on the track promoters and crew at Bullett Speedway.
First of all, i know them personally, and i help out with the raceway they own and run in Greenbrier Ar.
In my opinion these people are not capable of doing everything in their power to put on a great race for the riders, crews, fans, and the spectators.
If the track was so bad. how come none of the pros are posting complaints?
Regardless of what anyone thinks about the race, whats done is done. Lets all move on to whatever plans we have in the future.
Before i close, i want to wish the riders that were injured at the races the best of luck, and a safe and speedy recovery.
Godspeed to all of you.

CFRacer03
05-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Team151Racin: there hasn't been much complaining about the crew or people responsible for the track conditions, everybody understands you can't control rain and the track got bad. The complaints are mostly about the decisions made about what to do about the rain, which was basically..."Let's give up, just call it a day" at 8:00 in the morning.

The pros aren't complaining because they got to run all of their qualifiers and thier mains, they have nothing to complain about.

On the other hand, you have amatures that for example: finished 3rd in their heat so they get put 6th for points. most people know that once they are in qualifying position for a main, it is pointless to try to get another spot and risk a wreck, so those smart riders get 6th?

Another example: you're an amature at the top of you're class, have a promising season ahead...running first in your heat, you chain falls off! you should get an LCQ and be able to most likely run the main and do good, but no, you get screwed a 20th or something just cause of one heat race.

Again, nobody is complaining about the crew or the promotors, one person made the decision to score off just the heats and that one person was not a track crew member or a promotor.

look into the future? thats what this thread is now about, but you can't make the future better without pinpointed the past's problems

Team151Racin
05-10-2006, 10:38 PM
CFRacer03. I have just spent the last hour and a half lookin through all the messages posted on this thread. I misunderstood the situation, my appologies if i offended anyone.
We have an ATVA nationals race coming up at Twincreeks Raceway in Greenbrier Ar. on the 24th of June.
I hope that what happened down in Texas will not affect anyone's decision to come up to our track.
The ARQA points race will resume on May 20th, at Twincreeks Raceway. I hope to see a huge turnout for this event.
Finally, I want to send my prayers out to Jason, and Bo.
Quad racing, great for bringing family, friends and racers together

CFRacer03
05-10-2006, 11:14 PM
you didn't offend me at all and I can't wait to race the rest of the season, I just hope the rest of the season can go more smoothly...

cody anderson
05-11-2006, 07:37 AM
I know there's a lot of complaining going on. The weekend may not have been perfect, but you have to admit the Reynolds bust their ***** to make things happen... The thophys that they paid for TWICE, just so the people pracing would have something to show for it, getting SOME of the event shirts, the Reynolds FAMILY and track works out there in the mud morning till night trying to dry the track up for us to race on. Don't dwell on all the negative points... There were good too, and we all know it.

Here's my two cents about the tractor tire dealy... They have no place on a track, but you can't use ATV or car tires because we can just run those over and not care or even affect us. I think a wise replacement would be a simple dirt ridge. About a foot and a half high. Kinda like when they snow plow in in town. You know how they plow the snow it to the middle? Or is it just me that knows???:confused: That way you can't just go over it, but it won't be like hitting a tractor tire:scary:

Ya dig? :chinese:

C-LEIGH RACING
05-11-2006, 08:35 AM
I'll go for the ridge of dirt, thats how it should be.
At the track I'm part owner of & work on, we use those blue barrells to mark the course.
In the areas on our track that are low, we put some dirt or water in the barrells to keep them from floating away when it rains, just enough to keep them in place.
Those areas are low speed areas & if a rider does touch one, its not a hard impact.

A car tire to me is the worst of all to use, it gives the rider a sence that they could hit it with out any after effects, but, you run over one & it will heal up under the bike & flip you over.
Those big tires, a rider knows for sure when they hit one of those they are in trouble. For gods sake, lets at least get them out of the high speed areas.

I'm not calling for a tire ban on the ATVA MX, just the Extreme Dirt Track races.
A tire hanging over the top of those fence post around a MX course is the best thing anyone could ever do as a safty issue.

Oh! & when are we going to get our TT back instead of this Extreme Dirt Track MX.

Any report on Jason, how hes doing.
Neil

CFRacer03
05-11-2006, 08:52 AM
again, to cody anderson...95% of the complaining people are doing has nothing to do with the reynolds family or their preperation or efforts...

95% of the complaining has to do with the bogus call made by the "ref" to cancel mains and score off heats, I explained why this is rediculous in my last post...

gtownfiddys
05-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah 95% of you guys are complaining about call made. And i agree. I just want to point out some things! One, we he made that call, I was standing there. I heard clapping and people saying good call!!! Also when that call was made that track was still way to dangerous. But the time they rolled it in. It started to look better as far as not being slick. But it was still really rough. I personally don't think should have ran youth classes on there either. I wouldn't have wanted to race out there. Did you guys see timmy, goodman, and keith when they got finished? Those guys were pumped up and worned out like i've never seen. even in motocross! Timmy couldn't even shake hands with doug morris!! The other 5% that have been complaining about the track don't know what they are talking about. I've heard about their national caliber and been to a few. So it really pushed my buttons when they started complain about how it could have been fixed.

About the tire thing. I don't think he hit a tire. I didn't see it but i was told he came off the tabletop on the gas and somehow either caught a rut or something i don't know but this guy said the bike was totally sideways then kicked over and slammed him into the ground. meanwhile the bike rolled to or three times then landed on a tire. The was on a tire when i saw it. And he was on the ground next to it.

AND TO THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT HE WAS SITTIN ON THE GROUND FOR 3 MINUTES. THANKS FOR THE GOOD LAUGH!!! Consider lap times were around a minute 15 seconds I doubt he got lapped twice before anybody saw him.:rolleyes:

Also, Saturday may 20th there is going to be a Jenson Roberts memorial race at Twincreeks. Anybody needing info go to their webpage. www.twincreeksraceway.com

palot
05-11-2006, 11:07 AM
dont have much to say about all this because i dont like to say anything i'm not sure about .. but #65 DID lay there a while before anyone saw him because my husband was trying to get someone's attention to him and my son was racing that race and even stopped there on the track intil he saw that someone had noticed the wreck. cant say for sure how long it was because i dont know but it was not noticed when it happen.

but also we have to remember when a race is going on there are alot of racers to watch and alot of track. there is no way the flaggers can keep there eyes on every racer all the time ..

i think as long as they are doing the best they can thats all we can expect. inless you want to line the track with flaggers

cody anderson
05-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by CFRacer03
again, to cody anderson...95% of the complaining people are doing has nothing to do with the reynolds family or their preperation or efforts...

95% of the complaining has to do with the bogus call made by the "ref" to cancel mains and score off heats, I explained why this is rediculous in my last post...

Sorry bro... My bad. I can't really talk about the decision the ref made because I was just out there to take last and get the points. I broke my back like a darn fool a few weeks ago. :huh

4trax250x81
05-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Heres an update on Jason posted on wisconsinquadracing.com today:

We know that Jason has no broken bones but does have MAJOR head Trauma. They have Jason in a Medically Induced Coma so he can get as much rest as possible. They bring him out of the coma every now and then to check for motor skills and the doctors say he is responding to the pinches and pain. They have also inserted five probes to check for swelling and bleeding on the brain. In the next few days they hope he will start responding to the commands like move you fingers and toes. The doctors also say his vitals are good and he has a slight fever, which is normal. His mother Maureen and girlfriend Mindy are there with him. Maureen said today he is slowly getting better but very slow. Yesterday he could not open his eyes but today he is able to. They are hoping tomorrow to remove the breathing tubes.

I will try to keep everyone updated as they post updates.

gtownfiddys
05-11-2006, 08:28 PM
*UPDATE ON RIDER*
Jason miller #65 had an awful wreck at the first ETD national last weekend at bullet speedway. Lori Reynolds has been in contact with the family and has been hearing good news everyday. Jason is in the critical care unit but is in stable condition. He did have some small brain bleeds but test show that they have stopped and no new blood has shown up. His family reported that the doctors lowered the amount of sedation and Jason moved all extremities! Please keep the family and Jason in your thoughts and prayers. If you would like to send a donation to help with any expenses you may send them to either of the following.

Lori Reynolds
P.O. Box 611
Greenbrier Ar, 72058

Or

Jason Miller
Parkland Surgical ICU
5201 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas Tx 75231

dvxxx400
05-12-2006, 10:00 AM
I will support any movement to ban tires on a TT track. the speeds that we ride are to fast to hit any type of solid object, or a floppy old tire that can get hung up under a quad. i would gladly pay a little extra to ride a track that has haybales, and you can get bale covers for just a few dollars each. if a track bought a quantity of them i'm sure that they would get a price break. and the track would look better also.

hasbeenttduner
05-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Darin Ogden.
Did he race,what brand,and how did he do?
I didn't see his name in the top 20.

cody anderson
05-12-2006, 10:42 AM
He wasen't there.

countypark
05-12-2006, 10:58 AM
If someone hooks me up with a quad I'd race Pine Lake and Tri-City

4trax250x81
05-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Update on Jason from wisconsinquadracing.com:

"Finally some good news.

Today when they took Jason out of the coma for a short time, he responded to them by moving ALL his fingers, legs hands etc.

His mom asked him to give a "thumbs up" and he did, so he is responding to some voice commands, which is good.

They do want to try to take his breathing tube out tomorrow and that would mean he would also be taken out of the coma. Hopefully he will be able to breath on his own so they won't have to do a trache.

He also can open open his eyes, but is unable to say anything, yet. Each day, slowly they are seeing progress. So all in all things sound much better today then they did yesterday.

Hopefully we can raise enough money to help him with some of his bills."

C-LEIGH RACING
05-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks for that report, surely sounds good. Only the good lord can bring him back 100% though, we need to pray for that.

Last night I was talking to Chuckie, he was running right behind him when he crashed & he was watching him the whole time during the crash. He said for some reason when he came off the jump his bike just kelped on turning left, started flipping & smacked into the tires, so he did hit those tires.
I looked at his bike while it was being pushed off the track & the right front tire was flat & I think the rim was bent.
Whole time after his crash I was thinking he was on the inside lane & drifted out too far & hit the tire, messing up his right front, but he wasnt.
Still, no place for big tires like that, I say get rid of them all, any size.
Neil

TTZ450
05-14-2006, 10:08 AM
IF EVERYONE WOULD PITCH IN A FEW BUCKS EXTRA WE COULD USE ORANGE CONES LIKE THEY USE IN ROAD CONSTRUCTION.. VERY LIGHT DAMAGE TO AN ATV AND THEY ARE NOT EASILY DESTROYED... IF EVERYONE WOULD AGREE TO USE THOSE AND CONTRIBUTE A FEW BUCKS TO THE SAFETY OF THE RIDERS WHY NOT GIVE IT A SHOT... IF ITS TO MUCH TROUBLE TO GET DONATIONS I MIGHT JUST INVEST MYSELF AND LOAN THEM TO THE PROMOTERS WHEN NEEDED....

4trax250x81
05-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Update on Jason from wisconsinquadracing.com:

"Great news from Jason’s Mother on Mothers Day, the doctors took the tubes out that were down his throat, he pointed to his mother and his mom said “Do you know who I am?” and Jason said yes that’s my Mother."

One_Bad_400
05-14-2006, 09:22 PM
thats great news!!! i pray for him and his family!!! all of our strangth goes out to you.. we need ya back at the track bud...

hasbeenttduner
05-15-2006, 10:14 AM
I just found out this is iceracer65/ttracer65.This sucks we all must pray for him.Many people on atv forums may not know Jason Miller by name but they do know him by iceracer65/ttracer65.

fourfortyfour
05-15-2006, 01:50 PM
I know we had some rough times at Round #1 but I took some good pictures. Here is my photo album of our team and friends.

Thank god the young man that wrecked is doing better! We have been praying hard for him!
http://imageevent.com/yahooracing/may2006?n=0

C-LEIGH RACING
05-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Well well, Fourfortyfour, I did find out one thing from those pics, who those kids belong to that was spinning around in the mud on those pit bikes while the Texas riders meeting was going on. Good thing I didnt have my trailer & LT80 pit bike or else I would have been right out there with them.
Neil

fourfortyfour
05-16-2006, 08:41 AM
That would be my heithen children. They are a little wild on mechanical stuff. Maybe that's why I couldn't hear what was going on at the rider's meeting. I kept thinking...Oh, my...is that my little angels making all that racket? I hope no one connects them with me! Ha!!!!!

They do know how to have fun though!

ONLY PLANTS GROW SILENTLY!:rolleyes:

C-LEIGH RACING
05-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Kids, love them while you got them, cause when they are grown they like to move on.
Be surprized how big a small house is with no kids running & cutting up & hollering.
Ya'll going to Taylorville Il.
Neil

fourfortyfour
05-16-2006, 08:57 AM
I teach 72 children and I have 3 of my own. My husband teaches too! We are crazy about kids. Or just plain Crazy!

I don't think we are going to any more Nationals...maybe the Arkansas one only but it is just too expensive to not be sure if they are racing. We'll see. Thanks for asking!

cody anderson
05-17-2006, 06:36 AM
I'll be there:scary:

C-LEIGH RACING
05-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Cody,
What class you run, & was that track & Texas ruff or what.

In the promoters defence though, you can prepair a track all you want to before a race, but mother nature will have the last say without a dought.
Its a catch 22 & the weather, you have all those people show up you cant just call off the race & end up with nothing.
For me though, I think its a big enough of an event if a delay is needed thats the way it should be, like if we got to stay & run monday, hey thats what it has to be. I realize people have to go back to work on mondays & understand that demand & thats what people have to do.
Like our local races on saturday nights, I bring my team to race, I didnt go to see how fast we could get the event over with, if we finish 1:00 - 2:00 oclock sunday morning, hey thats racing & I'm devoted to it.
This GNC racing we all do, each of us sould have a mind set like its a Nascar sanctioned event, its not that big right now, but it could be.
I've been around the atv scene sence 1987 & seen the ups & downs in the sport. We as teams & rider/ racers have got to do what we can to support our type of racing, stand up & voice when right or wrong to make it better & safer for everyone at an event.
Well, I've rambled enough, done layed my neck out on the butcher block, & guess I deserve what I end up getting in turn, but I still say those tires have got to go.
Neil

cody anderson
05-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro/Am unlimited and Pro production.

I was in TX but I only raced the Pro/Am. There was no way I was going to beat out 6 pros to make it to the main in the pro class. I broke my back two weeks BEFORE Texas filming for a movie, so I was there just to salvage a few points.

I'll be back in IL for the Pro/Am and Pro production though. My back feels ok, hopefully I just stay on the bike this time!

C-LEIGH RACING
05-17-2006, 01:20 PM
You take care of that back, what ever you have to do, thats the only thing holding you up.
Being young, you can beat yourself up quite a bit & get by with it, but boy it will let you know when you get older.
Neil

4trax250x81
05-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Update on Jason from wisconsinquadracing.com

"Just an update on Jason. Sunday he had a great day, they removed the breathing tube, he responded to all commands and when the doctor asked if he knew who was in the room he responded my mother. Sunday night he started running a fever so they had to put the breathing tube back in. Monday and Tuesday he had very bad days he got combative so he was heavily medicated so he could calm down and wasn't responding to questions or commands. But we talked to Mindy today and he’s awake and responding, the breathing tube is taken out and is breathing fine on his own. We don’t know what the next step is but we are trying to get him sent to a hospital in Appleton but the doctors in Dallas want to keep him a few days yet to monitor him. We will keep you updated on his progress and thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers."

xsr_racing28c
05-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Well i'm glad to see he's gotten better since earlier in the week.. It sucks to hear that things are moving so slowly, but was can you expect i guess... Though i know its a slow process, i just wish things would pick up for him, i hate knowing he's going through all of this!!! Keep up the progress Jason!!!!!!!

flattrack450
05-28-2006, 11:12 PM
from cwira.com

Jason is doing really well, he was moved to the rehab unit on Thursday. He is allowed visitors even outside of visiting hours, and I think he really cheers up when friends visit or call.

We still aren't sure on a timeframe of how long he will be there.

Here is the address:

Mercy Medical Center of Oshkosh
500 S Oakwood Road
Oshkosh, WI 54904-7944
Attn: Jason Miller - Room 528

The phone number to his room is: 920-223-5281

Thanks again to everyone who sent pics and cards. He didn't want me to hang them in his new room (he wanted me to take him home that day so why bother hanging them up?!) but as I was hanging them he looked at some of them and they really made him smile.