PDA

View Full Version : never been on the dunes!

98warriorboy
02-17-2006, 04:14 PM
is ridin the dunes fun? iv always wanted to go to the dunes but wew aint got the time to get there,cuz i live way over in kentucky and its a long drive. so...is it more fun then ridin the trails and climbin?

tar
02-17-2006, 04:44 PM
if u ever get a chance to go to the dunes do it i personally think they r the best terrain to ride

JOEX
02-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't know what the dunes are like in the midwest but out here it's some of the best riding:cool: IMO;)

rooster300ex
02-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Dunes are for sure some of the best riding there is. I wanna jump some dunes. what is it about the dunes that certain jumps will just send you sailing and have a pretty decent landing. i've noticed when i did ride in the dunes i didn't have to go real real fast to sail on a jump.

Quadster450
02-21-2006, 04:19 PM
That's just about all I ride out here with the exception of the occasional trail. Not that i've ever munched :D but sand is a lot softer than hardpack. And yes, you can grab some good air too...

STF
02-21-2006, 05:36 PM
man if u aint rode tha dunns u aint rode nuthin,got to tha dunns little sierra it awsome

timmypeaper
03-03-2006, 04:55 PM
The dunes are all I care to ride in. It is hard to describe. From being able to fly across wide open spaces to tight trails and treeshots, the dunes offer all sort of differant types of challenges to try. Warning, once you experience the sand you may never go back!:D

Dune Surfer
03-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Almost better than sex:eek:

Titanium
03-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Almost better than sex:eek: :chinese:

tone
03-09-2006, 08:19 PM
riding sand dunes is a rush its better than a big roller coaster when you fall it dont hurt as much but once you do it you could get addicted to it no other kind of riding has affected me as much as sand 06 ltr450

Jackie
03-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by tone
riding sand dunes is a rush its better than a big roller coaster when you fall it dont hurt as much but once you do it you could get addicted to it no other kind of riding has affected me as much as sand 06 ltr450

roller coaster! the biger the bowl the better then put them all together. aweeee too cool. a must do experence....:eek:

400exrules
03-11-2006, 10:19 PM
senior trip next year, me and some ridin buddies are hopefully headin out to glamis for like 2 weeks......none of us have ridden dunes before lmfao

6858-400ex
03-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Almost better than sex:eek:

you have probably never had any

Jackie
03-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
senior trip next year, me and some ridin buddies are hopefully headin out to glamis for like 2 weeks......none of us have ridden dunes before lmfao
get a local to meet you there and show you the ropes and a GPS.
once you go you will be hooked like a junkie..i know i am one...a dune junkie of course...LOL 18 days and counting and i will be on the dunes (Glamis) spring break road trip..
:cool:

PismoLocal
03-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
Dont go at the end of your senior year during summer or late spring for that matter Glamis is pretty much deserted from may to october due to 110+ degree weather. My buddies went one summer they only stayed one night and came home because it was so miserable.

wilkin250r
03-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Indeed. Glamis is miserable during the summer.

Dune "season" varies, depending on location. Down south (like Glamis), it's during the winter. It's miserably hot during the summer, still dang hot at the beginning of fall and end of spring. Winters are mid 80s, dang nice riding weather.

Up north, (St. Anthony) the dune season is during the summer, because it's miserably cold in the winter. Summer weather is pleasant, 80-90 degrees.

In smack in the middle, as are much of the dunes in Oregon. It's too hot to go in the middle of summer, and too cold in the middle of winter, so dune season is split between fall and spring.

If you're thinking of making a massive dune trip from Tennesee right out of school, you're probably better off going to St. Anthony dunes in Idaho.

norcalatver
03-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Oregon rarely gets above 70 degrees in the middle of summer. Its actually the best time to ride the Oregon dunes. Fall and Spring are also excellent times to ride in Oregon. The dunes in Oregon are on the coast so it rarely ever gets hot. I've ridden there three separate occasions this winter and they have all been great. If you go in the winter, you have to wait for a good forecast and then just go riding!

Originally posted by Wilkin 250r
In smack in the middle, as are much of the dunes in Oregon. It's too hot to go in the middle of summer, and too cold in the middle of winter, so dune season is split between fall and spring.

JOEX
03-16-2006, 08:01 PM
The Oregon Dunes Rock!:cool: :D

wilkin250r
03-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Alright, FINE, maybe the Fall and Spring season only applies to Northern Nevada.