PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal or should i still look around?

JPhonda
02-17-2006, 03:35 PM
ok i just went to go and check out a shee that iam interested in tonight. It looked pretty good, had some rust hear and there but nothing major just surface. the guy is asking 3,000 for it and iam wondering if its a good deal or not. its a 2000 shee with fmf full pipes, nothing fancey they arent cromed they are black. the tires should be good for maybe 2 seasons. it also has pro tapper bars. umm the thing that iam worried about tho is its a 2000 so it might be due for a rebuild. Is a rebuild under $500?? he said he got it service last summer and the compression was perfect and the sprockets were changed. Iam not to sure if i should buy it or not. If anything i think iam going to offer him $2,500 cash. Does anyone think i should buy it or get a newer one like a 02 or 03

JPhonda
02-20-2006, 02:42 PM
hello, any help please would greatly affect my decision. thanks

#1atpikespeak
02-20-2006, 03:06 PM
I will throw you a bone hear. First of all make sure those pipes are FMF and not stock. I have never seen a set of black FMF pipes. Second you should look for a couple of things in this banshee. The motors date of birth is irrelevant. I have seen 2006's that need rebuilt in less then a year, and I have seen 1987 that were fresh as hell.
A rebuild could cost less then 500 or more then 500 depending on how much needs rebuilt. If the bike has several aftermarket parts and is in mint condition it is worth $2,900 to $3,000. If it has all stock components and is a little rusty which is what it sounds like to me. I would offer him the $2,500 and he will probably sell. Make sure the chain hasn't come off and broke the casing on the tranny. Also if it is rusty you should check the swingarm bearings and the A-arm bushings for slack. I have also seen alot of banshees with warped rear brake rotors. Good luck and I hope you get a good one. 2006 is the last year of the banshee and I would suggest you get your hands on one. Ride it before you buy it and make sure the motor runs smooth and sounds good without alot of knocking or banging. Tire wear will depend on how aggressive a rider yu are. I can wear a set of tires out in one run on my race bike. What knid of tires are they and what knid of riding do you want to do.

Titanium
02-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by #1atpikespeak
I will throw you a bone hear. First of all make sure those pipes are FMF and not stock. I have never seen a set of black FMF pipes. Second you should look for a couple of things in this banshee. The motors date of birth is irrelevant. I have seen 2006's that need rebuilt in less then a year, and I have seen 1987 that were fresh as hell.
A rebuild could cost less then 500 or more then 500 depending on how much needs rebuilt. If the bike has several aftermarket parts and is in mint condition it is worth $2,900 to $3,000. If it has all stock components and is a little rusty which is what it sounds like to me. I would offer him the $2,500 and he will probably sell. Make sure the chain hasn't come off and broke the casing on the tranny. Also if it is rusty you should check the swingarm bearings and the A-arm bushings for slack. I have also seen alot of banshees with warped rear brake rotors. Good luck and I hope you get a good one. 2006 is the last year of the banshee and I would suggest you get your hands on one. Ride it before you buy it and make sure the motor runs smooth and sounds good without alot of knocking or banging. Tire wear will depend on how aggressive a rider yu are. I can wear a set of tires out in one run on my race bike. What knid of tires are they and what knid of riding do you want to do.

i agree with this dude.

250r4life
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
the stock ones make like 2 loops and kind of reminds me of a stomach or something. the fmfs just make the curl and come back.