PDA

View Full Version : places to ride around missouri/illinois

YFZ450Ridr
02-17-2006, 03:30 PM
where are some decent places to ride around the MO/IL border. my uncle and i are trying to plan a weekend trip for 8 guys and cant find any new, good places to ride with lots of trails and open spots.

the places we know of or have ridden are st joe state park, finger lakes, chadwick, coal creek mining, land between the lakes, and the badlands. any help appreciated!

cam400ex
02-17-2006, 08:24 PM
i always like chadwick or deepwater but i ran across this web site a while back and havn't been there but it's an idea www.offrdranch.com

02-18-2006, 10:22 AM
i ride at Little Egypt offroad...its right next to Marion, IL

YFZ450Ridr
02-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i ride at Little Egypt offroad...its right next to Marion, IL

what kind of riding is it, sand im guessing?

got a site i can look at, i cant find one. thanks

watson70w
02-19-2006, 02:13 AM
i am from pevely and as of right now i have no places around to ride. If they would stop putting up new homes i wouldn't have this problem. Any ways i am looking for places around here i could go if anyone knows of any that would be helpfull. thanks

miller821
02-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr
what kind of riding is it, sand im guessing?

got a site i can look at, i cant find one. thanks

Its not sand, but its still pretty good place to ride at.

bmurray
02-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi Guys,
you should contact Washington county courthouse, clerks office. Get your anual $10.00 permit and ride the Mark Twain National forest at Palmer lakes; just south of Potosi MO. (need flag also). I think it is the best riding we have in the state. You have 3 big, old tiff lakes for great fishing and a few nice creeks. You can also camp anywhere. There are really fast trails with lots of different opsticles and hills. The courthouse will fax you the paper to fill out and you can mail a check to them. Good luck, keep in touch if you make it down there. Later, Bob

02-20-2006, 09:53 PM
little egpyt is pretty fun.......no sand but a few nice trails and a little technical....it is enjoyable http://www.leormc.com/

YFZ450Ridr
02-20-2006, 09:55 PM
anyone ever been to Rockport offroad park in illinois. i found it online and im fixing to check it out. anyone have personal riding experience with this place?

z-mann
02-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by bmurray
Hi Guys,
you should contact Washington county courthouse, clerks office. Get your anual $10.00 permit and ride the Mark Twain National forest at Palmer lakes; just south of Potosi MO. (need flag also). I think it is the best riding we have in the state. You have 3 big, old tiff lakes for great fishing and a few nice creeks. You can also camp anywhere. There are really fast trails with lots of different opsticles and hills. The courthouse will fax you the paper to fill out and you can mail a check to them. Good luck, keep in touch if you make it down there. Later, Bob

I was under the impression that the permits were only legel to ride on the logging rodes down there. I went there once and it was a blast. I can not wait to go back.

We go to Sutton's bluff a few times a year. It has some of the best trails that I have ever ridden on.

300ex_#387
02-21-2006, 05:55 AM
St. Joe state park is a really nice place to ride. Its about 70 miles south of St. Louis.

bmurray
02-21-2006, 08:46 PM
I was under the impression that the permits were only legel to ride on the logging rodes down there. I went there once and it was a blast. I can not wait to go back.

yea basically when you ride at Palmer, you are riding om the Forest rodes. The permit also allows you to ride on all the county roads down there. There are some really fast trail/roads with a lot of jumps in them. Did you ever go down a road that followed some private proberty; it had a large spring flowing from a pipe? We would always stop there in the summer for a drink and to cool off. It is a really big are to ride. More people should check it out. The clerks office has maps and with the USFS maps you can find your way to all 3 lakes, even the one with the big burn or hill.

z-mann
02-22-2006, 03:12 AM
I sent you a pm. I am wanting to go back in the next few weeks.