PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of suzuki now?

eddings
02-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I watched Gust catch Natalie in moto 1 at oak hill, then shadow him a few laps, then just walk away. On the other hand in moto 2 gust got tangled up and was way too far back. It was good to finally see a pro race in person.

coryatver
02-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Natalie was having a bad day and had arm pump problems... but he still got second. I think suzuki stilll has some bugs and setup problems to work out and then they are going to be really tough.

xsr_racing28c
02-17-2006, 12:23 PM
i love it how they say its a race quad right outta the box, and yet they have all Walsh suspension and fox podium shocks.. and still the motor is build by yosh... by far a race quad outta the box

Racing Rice
02-17-2006, 12:37 PM
It is a race quad right out of the box, I bet you will see a lot of amatures running them because they are close to being race ready.

Just because the Pros dont race stock doesn't mean they aren't race ready. That is why they have sponsers.:rolleyes:

I'd love to see all of the pros race national levels on stock bikes. That would be funny.

r450rr
02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
i dont think any different of suzuki, i have my own personal opinion that id rather not state. Rider has a lot to do with it, and yea it should be winnnig some races its got doug gust behind the wheel, im sure he obviously had some hand on making the r450. and it took them just a shade under three years to catch up, so yaaa go suzuki!!!:rolleyes: :)

czrider263
02-17-2006, 12:58 PM
i think if they can work out the bugs it will be a real contender.

02-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
It is a race quad right out of the box, I bet you will see a lot of amatures running them because they are close to being race ready.

Just because the Pros dont race stock doesn't mean they aren't race ready. That is why they have sponsers.:rolleyes:

I'd love to see all of the pros race national levels on stock bikes. That would be funny.

Ive always wanted to see that. I think that would be pretty interesting to watch.

xsr_racing28c
02-17-2006, 06:51 PM
yea i guess you could call it race ready.. i take back my previous statement, but any quad with the right rider can win A class... im just saying all the hype early in the game was that gust was gonna be racing it out of the box, and that it had the same amount of power as the 450 yosh motor, and aftermarket like suspension.. i don't think that it is all like they said it was gonna be. just my opinion

eganracing
02-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
yea i guess you could call it race ready.. i take back my previous statement, but any quad with the right rider can win A class... im just saying all the hype early in the game was that gust was gonna be racing it out of the box, and that it had the same amount of power as the 450 yosh motor, and aftermarket like suspension.. i don't think that it is all like they said it was gonna be. just my opinion

i remeber reading an article somewhere and they were asking gust how he liked the new suzuki. he stated that the stock suspension was up to par with his elkas on his ltz 400 which i found hard to beleive. but the best thing about last weekends race was the fact that yami took the second moto win. that just proves that its all about the holeshot. i think the suzuki will definetly be taking some more wins in the near future.

h-bomb450R
02-17-2006, 08:04 PM
who was on a yamaha that won??

TWISTED
02-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Gust won the 1st moto, and Byrd won the 2nd. Ellis got 3rd overall.

troutman561
02-17-2006, 09:57 PM
yea I heard gust said he was gona run stock suspension....

yamablaster24
02-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
dont mean to be an ***** but no it doesnt matter what kind of rider you have at nationals the A class will beat doug or natalie on a stock(stock YFZ or 450r,) quad.

eganracing
02-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by h-bomb450R
who was on a yamaha that won??
o sorry i was reading the forum on the race and i guess i skipped over the part where ellis stalled. sorry about that

RIDER11X
02-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by eddings
I watched Gust catch Natalie in moto 1 at oak hill, then shadow him a few laps, then just walk away. On the other hand in moto 2 gust got tangled up and was way too far back. It was good to finally see a pro race in person.

Not flaming, but time will tell if Suzuki can keep this new chassis relatively failure free. They had considerable problems with the early Z400's, and hopefully they got things worked out this time before production.
I do think that on the pro level, it will still be very even as they all run similar setups. Gust could put a modded z400 out in front pretty regularly, and I'm sure this new machine will do the same or better.
It is a sweet machine for an A-B-C-D class MX'er that don't want to drop big $$$ in mods to race. Good luck to Suzuki, as it's great to see more compitition in the sport.:cool: