PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Cali

figair
02-17-2006, 03:53 AM
Hello fellow riders,My wife and I are moving to California next week.I cant wait we are moving towards the SAn Diego area.So I am wondering how do you guys that live out there in southern Cali like it,and most importantly hows the riding out there?lol
Anywho, I guess I am just very stoked and cant wait.Thanks
Eddie:D

spudss
02-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Good luck with the move Eddie.. Hope everything goes good.. Let me know when you get settled in.. Are you taking you paint stuff with you?? If so I need some new Paint to match my new ride...

Later Bro..

wayfastwhitie
02-18-2006, 02:07 PM
hey there i live about 1 hr from SD and there is lots of riding. glamis is about 2 and a half hrs from SD go to www.glamisinfo.com for more info. and if you dont like dunes theres ocoltillo wells thats about 1.5 hrs away from you. give me a holla when u want to go out.

02-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by wayfastwhitie
hey there i live about 1 hr from SD and there is lots of riding. glamis is about 2 and a half hrs from SD go to www.glamisinfo.com for more info. and if you dont like dunes theres ocoltillo wells thats about 1.5 hrs away from you. give me a holla when u want to go out.

i like there videos!

figair
02-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks wayfast whitie I might take you up on that offer......:D

wayfastwhitie
02-18-2006, 07:23 PM
not a problem man lots of riding in so cal. some within 1-2 hrs others further. if you like desert riding theres stoddard wells and mojave dezert. you got pismo beach dunes, all kinds. theres even riding up in the silver wood lake area if you like to mountian riding.

figair
02-19-2006, 04:45 AM
awesome,are there any local tracks close by to go fart around at?Also,what quad are you running?

wayfastwhitie
02-19-2006, 06:04 PM
theres glen hellen which is like a outdoor GNCC track, not sure about mx track 1 place called MX oasis forgot where that was i passed it on my way back from glamis. theres also alot of desert racing like prim 200 or poker run out of stoddard wells. I have an 05 450r custom exhaust tip on factory muffler, k*N, rejet. not to much stuff done but it still smokes my cousins trinity bike.

figair
02-19-2006, 06:08 PM
sweeeeeeeet.:D Im leaving on fri, but im going to go get my home situatedand then i will be out there I cant wait....Thanks
Eddie

02-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by figair
awesome,are there any local tracks close by to go fart around at?Also,what quad are you running?

lake elsinore has a quad track. its pretty fun. but they dont let quads on the main track which sucks cause its one of the most fun tracks ive ever ridden. but im forced to ride my bike on it.:ermm:

CarolinaFNG
03-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I am moving out to cali to should be in el cajon around June, are there any clubs or groups to show the new guy the ropes?

baja_racer
03-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Carolina.....

There are so many riders and too many places to go that no groups that I know of have been formed. From El Cajon go east on any freeway and you will hit desert..........enjoy!!!!

CarolinaFNG
03-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks Baja I figured this much but just asking. I have the dumbest luck sometimes and always end up when I am not supposed to be. What kind requirements are there to ride such as registration stuff like that.
Ryan

baja_racer
03-21-2006, 09:36 AM
California green sticker is all you need.

figair
03-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Well guys I bought a house in Poway,Ca I am in the process of moving my belongings right now w/ the movers.I should all moved in by the 30th.I cant wait.Carolina since well be the virgins (lol) out there we should hook up and ride.I just got some info from a fellow rider out there from the San diego OR magazine where all the places to ride are at.Talk to ya guys soon..Eddie

Coolidge
03-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Good luck w/your move. You gotta be stoked. In addition to the great riding places listed, I like: Dove Springs/Jawbone cyn (Mojave) Hungry Valley (Lebec, off the 5fwy). My hometown (Palmdale) has a MX track, but to be honest, Im not sure about quads there

figair
03-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Coolidge
Good luck w/your move. You gotta be stoked. In addition to the great riding places listed, I like: Dove Springs/Jawbone cyn (Mojave) Hungry Valley (Lebec, off the 5fwy). My hometown (Palmdale) has a MX track, but to be honest, Im not sure about quads there
Thanks Coolidge,its a pain in the dupa for this whole move and stuff but ya gotta do it..And hell ya I am so stoked I cant wait..Thanks Eddei