PDA

View Full Version : Is honda in trouble?????

Lyon218
02-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Going into town today I recieved a ring on my cell phone from a friend that works at the local suzuki dealership. He called to tell me the new LTR was in and I could take a spin on it. I drove to the shop holding my head low so none of my friends would see me going into the suzuki shop:confused: I stepped through the door to see the bright yellow and very ugly looking quad. I took the measurements and it is 49 1/2 inches up front and 49 inches in the rear with a 51.2 inch wheel base. Alright I was impressed a little to see an actual quad that was said to be race ready actually race ready. My friend said do you want to take it for a spin. No prob I can do that :D We take it outside and start it up quick and easy it purrs like a kitten and then blip the throttle it roars like a tiger. I jumped on and let it rip. My eyes lit up with amazement. This quad had arm ripping power right from the factory and not to mention a great seat height and the width to corner like it was on rails. I took the quad over a small 45 foot double then around a turn into a set of decent whoops. All in all this bike is set up from the factory to be a competitor with a decently decked out 450r. What is honda going to do? for the price and all the quad needs is a set of nerf bars and good set of handle bars with an exhaust this quad will rip and any C or B class rider could be very competative on a stock bike. I wish my 450r would have come set up like this and I am hoping that Honda makes some changes in the next couple of years. I want to know what you guys think.

Out_Sider
02-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Why would Honda be in trouble? The new 06 R's rip, and Honda is obvisously ahead of the game in the GNC's. I see nothing for Honda to be afraid of.

FHKracingZ
02-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Nice story... There is no dealer thats gonna let you jump and beat the crap out of a brand new unsold machine.... A 45 foot double isnt big but it isnt small either... and what dealer ship has a track behind the shop.. i bet you liked it but your story is b/s my friend :D

QuadRacer041
02-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Nice story... There is no dealer thats gonna let you jump and beat the crap out of a brand new unsold machine.... A 45 foot double isnt big but it isnt small either... and what dealer ship has a track behind the shop.. i bet you liked it but your story is b/s my friend :D

:huh :huh :huh :huh

coryatver
02-17-2006, 07:25 AM
What kinda shape is the track in in the middle of winter in ohio?:o

motox450r
02-17-2006, 08:14 AM
that is some funny stuff there. why isn't suzuki kickin honda butt all over the pro mx tracks. my 04 rips. did put some $$$ in mine though. no stock suzuki is going to walk away from me unless he is a superior rider. good luck with your suzuki's though

snapon
02-17-2006, 08:17 AM
I thought the same of his story (BS).

I've seen dyno results showing 31 H.P. for the LT450 (but that thing RIPS, Ha)

snapon
02-17-2006, 08:28 AM
I keep hearing everyone say its race ready from the factory, but since when is a stock axle (regardless of the width from the factory) able to hold up to serious race conditions. As far as the stock front end width goes it will be geat for a few months with revalved shocks, but when the balljoints get some play in them you'll be changing those stock arms for aftermarket arms with replaceable balljoints anyway. So you might as well buy the honda because you'll be changing all those parts anyway.

compedge
02-17-2006, 08:30 AM
around here I have very good freinds at many dealer ships. When I ask them to take something for a ride they just tell me to pay for it and I can ride it all I want. lol

Racing Rice
02-17-2006, 08:43 AM
This thread is funny! :macho

Earlywine, also said it puts the 450R to shame. He said he will be switching from his 450R the the LTR as soon as he gets his. This was after a test ride on Yokely's bone stock LTR450.

Earlywine has also talked to Suzuki about setting up a contingency program, because Suzuki currently does not offer anything. Apparently, they were very receptive to it and said they are going to look into it.

I don't think I would say Honda is in trouble because of the new LTR, but they definately have some real competition going on.

tucson450r
02-17-2006, 09:27 AM
The local Honda shop here has a test track and they won't even let ride a 450r on it. It is more like a go-cart track anyways no jumps at all. You can only ride used stuff and I think they have a few demo models.

jmoney45
02-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by snapon
I keep hearing everyone say its race ready from the factory, but since when is a stock axle (regardless of the width from the factory) able to hold up to serious race conditions. As far as the stock front end width goes it will be geat for a few months with revalved shocks, but when the balljoints get some play in them you'll be changing those stock arms for aftermarket arms with replaceable balljoints anyway. So you might as well buy the honda because you'll be changing all those parts anyway.

Ask Doug Gust. From what I understand he runs a stock axle and hasn't had problems with it. They didn't design these parts to fall apart on the race track.

hsr
02-17-2006, 10:09 AM
I bet Yamaha will jump all over the new LTR, and the 07 yfz's will come from the factory 50" wide. I don't see Honda going this route for some reason. i dont know...

Lyon218
02-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Im not saying the Honda is crap I love my honda and love to race it in MX but for a stock quad the suzuki did corner and jump well.
It was the first 450 the dealership had gotten and my friend that worked there is racing for them this season so he had already traded his honda in for it. It was just on display fellas. But anyways for a MX bike it was really good for stock.

Racing Rice
02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Lyon218
But anyways for a MX bike it was really good for stock.

I think that will push people to go for the LTR450. You really get quite a bit for you money if your looking for a MX quad you can just take out and race without having to spend a fortune on suspension and tires, etc.

Then again, if you are more trail oriented you will probably lean more towards buying a 450R. As of now, the 450R is probably a little more friendly for the trails then the LTR would be out of the box, obviously.

02-17-2006, 11:21 AM

my local dealer used to have HUGE MX track out back until someone got hurt on it, then they bulldozed it all down to just a few small jumps and some whoops, i rode my 450 on it when i bought it

02-17-2006, 11:22 AM
as for if honda is in trouble, no, they know what they are doing, they will make sure they will stay competitive with the market place, and they sell a lot of quads because not only are they as fast as tht competition, they are also 50 times more reliable, thats y a lot of people go with honda

One_Bad_400
02-17-2006, 04:26 PM

our local suzuki/yamaha shop has a mini track beside there building and the workers get out there all day and do burn outs on the concrete with brand new bikes and drag race and jump... i've seen brand new bikes in our shop dirtyer then mine is... lol...

bajajack
02-17-2006, 04:44 PM
i been racing baja for a couple of years and the only quad, that i seen that makes it -at the finish line at the "BAJA 1000" is the honda and im not just tell you because i have a honda because me and my team. thats all we race....SO HONDA IS NOT IN TROUBLE!!! baja jack .......thank you very much+++++++++

outlaw450r
02-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by hsr
I bet Yamaha will jump all over the new LTR, and the 07 yfz's will come from the factory 50" wide. I don't see Honda going this route for some reason. i dont know...

Most people buy quads to ride/race in the woods anyway. In my opinion 50 in. is too wide for the woods unless you like hitting ****.

4ABURN
02-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by outlaw450r
Most people buy quads to ride/race in the woods anyway. In my opinion 50 in. is too wide for the woods unless you like hitting ****.

I agree that would be too wide for me. Alot of people buy quads to do more than race mx....:ermm:

compedge
02-17-2006, 09:58 PM
I do alot of tight trail rides and every inch counts.

Thorsdad
02-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Two races in so far and Honda won both, that is good trouble I would say. Go John & Joe

motox450r
02-18-2006, 05:20 PM
gust has already broke one of the bad***** axles too. in case ya didn't know.

ontarioracer#33
02-18-2006, 07:43 PM
hondas not in trouble because the are super reliable you will spend more money fixing the suzuki then you would making the honda race ready

HondaRacing23
02-19-2006, 06:48 AM
I have owned Hondas all my life. First the 250R then I went to a 400EX and then it got stolen and now Ive got a new 04 HRC 450R. I have neer had any problems with honda other then jetting.(which im sure everyone does) amy friend has and 03 z400 and has had nothing but problems with it. Motor cracking and leaking loss of compression and everything. My other friend which has an artic cat(lookalike z400) and has had nothing but the same problems. My other friend has a Yamaha 450 and says its junk wishes he never bought it. My other two buddies have 450r and have had nothing but goodluck with them. Everyone tried to convice me to get the YZF450 but i didnt because I love honda. Honda is the most reliable bike out there along with there cars lawn mowers generators(which i own). RIDE RED,YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!

procircuit406ex
02-19-2006, 08:00 AM

i agree it is bs but so what my dealer gots a track too???
whats the big deal about a dealer havin a track?