PDA

View Full Version : Generators for trailers

Livin4Real
02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm in the market for a generator. I saw one of the Honda EU3000 at a race awhile back and absolutely loved it. You could barely hear it run and it would handle about anything. I was told by the owner that a company makes knock-offs of it and they are just barely louder and run about $400 instead of $1600. Anyone know where a guy can pick one of these up? I lost the guys number and don't remember where he said to get one.

KILLER EX
02-17-2006, 04:28 AM
i do not know where you can get the knock off but i would not buy it if it was free.i have the honda and i will tell you they are the very best .. mine starts with one pull in the coldest of temps and has been flawless from day one.i know someone that has the coleman copy of the 3000 and has problems starting it in the middle of summer. was the honda you were looking at the eu3000i?. i am not bashing on anyones equipment but i have 7 generators and i use them almost daily and when you need to count on something the higher cost of perfect equipment is not even a deciding factor. also the hondas are the quietest they are as loud as someone talking at a normal level.. when it comes to generators there is no question HONDA..

sorry for my ranting but i can not say enough about how nice they are well worth the extra money!!!!!!

03sp500
02-17-2006, 05:11 AM
Have to agree with that, Honda is the Generator God. Yamaha's are pretty good I here but I run Honda, (generator only) Quiet, Compact, reliable.

So basiclly What He Said

Livin4Real
02-17-2006, 09:15 AM
I totally agree is was the best generator i've seen but I simply can't afford $1600 for one. And yeah I think it had the i on the end of the model # , quiet as can be and ran forever on a tank. I may have to wait until july and just pick up the original but I would like any info on the knockoff if someone has one, heck if it wasn't for knockoffs we wouldn't have some of the killer minis we do :)

wvspeedfreak
02-19-2006, 10:01 AM
I am in the same boat as you Livin4Real.I was generator shopping today and I still don't know what to get.How many watt generator would I need to run a few lights,a fan and a small portable air compressor?Would a 2500 watt with a 3150 watt max do it or is that too small?

bracey
02-19-2006, 10:30 AM
i run small air compressor and fans and lights microwave on a honda 2250 watt honda generator sometimes when the air compressor is cold its hard to get it started but its ok when its warm but it runs everything else just fine even small electric heaters so a 2500 or bigger would do it fine thanks

wvspeedfreak
02-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks bracey.

Livin4Real
02-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I was referred to Kipor generators as well. They're supposed to be quiet and efficient also. I've been checkin the local pawn shops as well, you might try that too WV.

AtvMxRider
02-22-2006, 05:44 PM
I have a 5500 and it will run lights,heater,a/c and the tv.