PDA

View Full Version : Harley stuff

cb450r
02-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Pappy,
My old man is thinking about re-doing his 02 Heritage Softail and he wanted me to ask you a couple of questions.

First off can you powder coat the gas tank? if so what would he have to do in prep for you to coat it? and price for solid or trans?

Secondly, He is thinking about doing the frame in a black, what type of blacks do you have? possibly a sparkle or pearl black is what he is thinking. price quote?

And he might do the front fender as well. rough estimate on that for solid/trans?

I am sure as he gets closer i can be more specific (sorry for being so vague) as to what he exactly wants, right now he is just looking for a ball park figure and to see if you can even do the gas tank.

Thanks again Pappy!

Oh, P.S. I have possibly another Harley builder that i might send your way when he is ready!

I don't even have my parts yet but they are already so impressed with your pricing and work that they want YOU to do there powder work!! Can i advertise or what

:D

Pappy
02-17-2006, 07:29 AM
blacks are usually best in either a gloss or a matt. the pearl just doesnt have the same effects as paint does.

ive done a few tanks, they have to be 100% apart and there can be no body filler on them. if body work needs to be done id have to either use lab metal or they would have to be painted.

a frame is $250

tanks with clear are $100 to $150

fenders are $100 to 150

prices on this kind of stuff really will boil down to how much prep is involved. if they are sent stripped and sanded with 400 grit then it could be cheaper etc. that way all i have to do is wet sand them and final prep.

cb450r
02-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Ok thanks, I will pass this info along.