PDA

View Full Version : prm aluminumn skids

eldoexrider01
07-16-2002, 11:51 AM
is it a good investment to get the prm full skid plates. (a-arm, frame skid, and swingarm plate)??? and if not are there any other companies that make a better skidplate for the money??

Zingnut
07-16-2002, 01:08 PM
I have a PRM belly and a-arm skids. I am very satisfied with the workmanship, fit and durability of these products. I will buy them again if I ever get any other quad. I have taken some beatings on the belly skid and nothing but minor scuffs so far. The A-arm skids bounce me over stumps and other objects instead of stopping me. The front of the skid is angled slightly out and gives it enough to slide the front over objects conpared to raw a-arms that will stop you dead. I have put one dent in the belly skid from a downhill jump at LBL in KY. The jump sent me a little higher than expected and the frame bottomed out putting a small dent in the skid. No biggie thats what its there for. I also bought some 1" clear hose at my local hardware store. Which I cut in half the tube and put it between the frame and skid to cushion the skid and keep any rattles away.

Hope this helps. Pro-Armor looks cool to but no background on them.

Teufel
07-16-2002, 02:09 PM
I run PRm bumpers, belly and swingarm skids and love them. I run XC which puts them to the test. I have seen and used others and have actually watched the swingarm skids trashed in one race.

07-17-2002, 10:59 AM
After much research , I decided on Pro Armor.

The quality and look are awesome :)

I became a dealer, so email me at roblobe@msn.com with what quad you have and I will send ya some discounted prices.

Thanx,
LOBE
~~~~~

honda250
07-17-2002, 11:37 AM
prm's r great dude

rob-u/21
07-17-2002, 01:41 PM
I used a prm skid plate on my 440 during the 2002 baja 500 and was very happy with them. We took two down there because we were sure we were going to have to change it around 1/2 or 3/4 of the race but every time we would check it we would be surprised on how well it was taking the hits. AND BAJA RACING IS WERE ALL THE GOOD PRODUCTS SHOW THEIR DURABILITY!

DESDAK4
07-17-2002, 02:15 PM
The Pro Armor skids do look very good, but you can't run nerfs unless they have finished designing there's which is what I was told was going to happen.

07-17-2002, 08:58 PM
Yes you now can run nerfs with the Pro Armor skid now.

This is a updated design for this reason :)

email me for info/pricing at roblobe@msn.com

LOBE
~~~~

08-07-2002, 02:23 PM
ttt

honda250
08-07-2002, 03:12 PM
prms hold up super well. i have them for my 250 and i will proboly get them for my raptor.

Porkchop
08-07-2002, 03:47 PM
get them!! I run all PRM products on my quad and wouldnt buy any other skids:macho I'll definetly run them on the next quad I get :D

eldoexrider01
08-07-2002, 08:21 PM
im definately gonna get em i jus gotta fork over some dough!!!

shamisc
08-09-2002, 07:26 PM
I'm wit porkchop.... PRM skids are THE BEST for the money !! I've got them every where on mine. The only problum I had was putting my nerfs on with the belly skid. But all you have to do is turn the 2 bolts up side down with the nutz to the ground and the nerf will slide right through! I know it'll bend the bolts but you can get 'em all day from Lowes for under a buck!