PDA

View Full Version : UNI Air Filter.

MINI MOTHER
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
My son uses a uni air filter. I am wondering what oil everyone else uses on their foam type filters. Thanks

Livin4Real
02-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Good ole' PJ1

03sp500
02-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Amsoil

MINI MOTHER
02-17-2006, 02:05 PM
I did not know amsoil sold foam air filter oil. Just wondering if I should use the oil from UNI or is there a better oil out there. We are kinda new to racing. Thanks

mcatvme
02-18-2006, 07:30 AM
We have ran maxima for the last 3 years and have no problem. The best oil out. Just my 2 cents.

MINI MOTHER
02-18-2006, 12:51 PM
So you just squisssh or rub Maxia oil into your foam air filter? Thanks, Cindy

bigdaddy
02-18-2006, 04:29 PM
PJ1

mcatvme
02-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Maxima FFT oil. I pour it on and squeeze out the xtra and let it hang over night. Then install and ride. I have 3 to 6 ready at all times. Check out there web site www.maximausa.com

AtvMxRider
02-22-2006, 05:45 PM
I have been using pj1 for years but recently switched to no-toil and it works great. VERY easy to clean.

Spike99
02-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by MINI MOTHER
So you just squisssh or rub Maxia oil into your foam air filter? Thanks, Cindy

I can't remember the exact brand of Air Filter oil I use. For trail riding, it doesn't need to be the best. After you decide what brand of air filter oil is best for your racing needs / wants, here's how'd I do it:

Note: I clean our foam filter oil with air filter oil cleaner in a seperate coffee can. Rinse many times and let dry for 36 hours.

For re-Oiling (a cleaned foam filter):
1 - I use a large empty coffee can.
2 - Pour 2" of oil in the bottom of this can. For me, I use Air Filter oil. Sounds like others have their own favorite brand of oil.
3 - Using one's hands, press the foam filter into the bottom of this can. Remove the foam and while holding the foam above the large can, squeeze out the extra oil.
* Yes, one's hands gets very messy. I use bare hands but some use surgical gloves. What ever works best for you.
4 - Repeat Step 2 to 3 many times. I usually do this squeezing 3 consecutive times.
5 - After the final squeezing, I let the foam air dry for 12-24 hours.
6 - Install the lid of the coffee can. For me, I use the same oil in the bottom of the can 3 consecutive times. If the oil looks too dirty, I dump this oil and install new 2" depth. Regardless, I change the oil in the can after 3 usages.

Note: Some dip an old sock into foam filter oil and place slip on the outside of the foam filter's outerware cover. In a sence, this is an extra outerware. Some folks only use this in racing when they know the track is full of too much water / mud. When the old sock gets too much mud on it, they remove, through it away and install another oil soaked sock. Thus, reducing the intervals they need to clean their air filter system. This trick might work for you too.

Hope this helps....