PDA

View Full Version : itp mud lite tires on a sport atv

godin1317
02-16-2006, 07:01 PM
I would like to put mudlites or someother real aggressive mud tires on my 230 quadsport. Will it put too much stress on the drive train with this type tire or is there some other things that I should watch out for.

250ex13
02-16-2006, 09:43 PM
my buddy use's them, no problems

Trevor
02-17-2006, 05:28 AM
can you get them in a 20 or 22?

Rico
02-17-2006, 05:32 AM
Big mudder tires do nothing but wear out bearing carriers, make hubs come loose, rob HP and look terrible..:ermm:

Just mount up some concrete blocks on the hubs, be cheaper and probably perform the same.:scary:

godin1317
02-17-2006, 07:21 AM
So you say that they are not very good for my atv. I like going in the mud with my atv so I figured these would be a good deal at $90 shipped for 22-11-9. What would you recommend for a good mud tire.

Rico
02-17-2006, 09:06 AM
If you want to woller around in mud holes you should have bought a ute.

Id recommend some HD, Razr 2's or even Kenda Knarly's.

<DRS>GPF
02-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Big mudder tires do nothing but wear out bearing carriers, make hubs come loose, rob HP and look terrible..:ermm:

Just mount up some concrete blocks on the hubs, be cheaper and probably perform the same.:scary:

i represent that!.. personally, i like a set of meat cleavers on the back of mine and always have.. :o
i dont race... but i do crawl deep, climb high and jump far.. a set of meats will get me all 3.. :D

godin1317
02-17-2006, 12:07 PM
I dont really plan on doing much for jumping or climbing but I do plan on being in the mud. Do you ever have a problem with them being heavy or taking out bearings like mentioned above.

<DRS>GPF
02-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by godin1317
I dont really plan on doing much for jumping or climbing but I do plan on being in the mud. Do you ever have a problem with them being heavy or taking out bearings like mentioned above.

if youre "wallowing" in creeks, mud and just plain slop, expect to change bearings and bushings.. having a utility only means you spend more getting it fixed..

to that note, my quad was 4 to 5yrs before i noted any bit of play in the rear axle, front wheels and a-arms bushings..
its not like i thrash my quad every time i ride and i know track riders that replace bushings, bearings and such alot more often..

anyway, about 200$ and a little sweat later, all is better and it feels tight, right, and good as new..
the front bearings made a difference whereas the a-arm bushings and axle bearings were a "while im there" thing..

if Rico was commenting about cam bearings and such (things internal to the crankcase and engine) i havent had a problem at all, nor have the few others i know with sport quads and "meat-cleaver" tires..

just expect that there is more drag and youll need to gear it as such to save the clutch and drive-train..
a 14-tooth sprocket and an easy-pull lever will cure your woes and make woods riding easier to boot..

GIXXER1KR
02-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I run the ITP Mudlites on my completely built Quadracer 250 and am planning on putting em on my 450r.Its to bad they dont make anything smaller than a 22"!!!I run 22/11/8!!!!Go with the 8 inch rim so they wont look like utility tires!!!