PDA

View Full Version : Elka's are Very IMPRESSIVE!

oynot400
07-16-2002, 10:33 AM
Elka shocks must be the hot ticket right now, it seems that everyone that is ordering shocks are getting Elka's.
I have been toying with the idea of gettting a front pair. I must have told the wrong person because one of the kids in town has a complete set for sale and was willing to let me try them out.
From the first jump I took I was hooked! I still can't beleive that it can ride that smooth. I can take jumps harder and faster with ease. It did take some time to get the rear shock set up right and I have a little more fine tuning to do, but these shocks soak up the bump so much. I wish I would of bought them before I did the motor!
Now comes the hard part, he wants $1200 for all three shocks. They are a little more than 6 months old and have never been raced on. That and the fronts are valved for +2 a-arms. I don't know if I weight a little more than he does, but they seem to work awsome. I figure I will get a-arms next any way.
The Great Jones Co fair race is tonight, so tonight will be the deciding factor if I am going to buy them or not. I guess if I do them I might have to rob the local liquor store to pay for them! :devil

PsychoDave
07-16-2002, 01:35 PM
GO GET THEM....YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Tommy 17
07-16-2002, 01:42 PM
i can't wait to get mine!!!

Dave400ex
07-16-2002, 06:37 PM
Oynot400, Which Elka`s are they? Like are they Comp. Adjust with SSD, or Comp. and Rebound Adjust with SSD? Also how is the Rear? That will help to see if the Price is good or not.

400ex21 you ordered the same Shocks I did. I can`t wait to get mine. Now I am saving for the Rear Rebuild.

oynot400
07-17-2002, 06:02 AM
The fronts are compression adjustable with SSD and the rear is compression and rebound adjustment with SSD. All three have remote rezzies.
I raced a local fair last night and loved them! I didn't do that great in the race, but I am not that sore like in past races either! :D

Ex'r Marlin
07-17-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by oynot400
I raced a local fair last night and loved them! I didn't do that great in the race, but I am not that sore like in past races either! :D Even on that note, it sounds worth the $1200!! Definetly, for what you are getting, price sounds very good.

Good luck... Especially at the races!!:D

Tommy 17
07-17-2002, 09:30 AM
warrior man where did u order urs at??? i got mine at the quadshop from jeff...

the waits killin me haha i can't take it and its only been around 2 dayz:( haha i'm sure its gonna be worth it though...

Nausty
07-17-2002, 06:28 PM
can't you get brand new shocks valved for you for about 1300??? I still think they are definitely worth it though. Shocks were the first thing I did over motor and I still don't regret it and I am thinking of getting a-arms, axle and powdercoating this winter instead of doing the motor. I still don't ever find myself in a situation where i absolutely need it like I did so many times with my stock blaster with bubble tires.

Dave400ex
07-17-2002, 07:46 PM
I got mine from Scott at Full Throttle MX. I got them today. He told me 4 weeks and it hasn`t even been 2 weeks. They are so sweet. Now I just have to find time to put them on.