PDA

View Full Version : Mo six hour atv of america

79400ex
02-16-2006, 06:04 PM
the first atv america six hour race will be held March 4 at kahoka mo. top quailty palce to race. I will try to post the flier or get some one who know to due it for me.

hoopd450
02-16-2006, 07:38 PM
that blows, no one is going to show up. its the same weekend as a hillbilly and the first GNCC. plus the weather probably won't be very good. i'm really upset about this. i always have so much fun racing at kahoka and last years 6 hour there was no exeption. i just wish they could have it during the summer on a better weekend.

02-16-2006, 08:22 PM
wow...so much for my chances at making that...:(

hoopd450
02-16-2006, 08:23 PM
yeah i hear ya, this blows.

Johnny & Monica
02-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeap I doubt we can pull it off in 2 weeks :( We really enjoy these 6 hour races that sucks :mad: If a guy new last month could have planned for it :ermm:

QUADROOKIE
02-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I am up for it if someone needs a teammate!:devil:

montycarlo
02-17-2006, 05:22 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is BS I just found out about it this morning. I'm with you guys- if I knew the date a month ago it is all I would have been planning for.

Quadrookie - Maybe you and me and hutch107 can throw a last second team together! Don't expect to run up front with me on board though! :blah:

smr
02-17-2006, 07:58 AM
where are you guys getting your info? I can't find anything on this years schedule.

millphoto
02-17-2006, 10:43 AM
that sucks big time! Heck I rather have it run on a weekday than that! I was really looking forward to the July 1st date. That was perfect.

millphoto
02-17-2006, 10:43 AM
where is the official schedule?

02-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by millphoto
where is the official schedule?

thats what im wondering

DJJ450r
02-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by hoopd450
that blows, no one is going to show up. its the same weekend as a hillbilly and the first GNCC. plus the weather probably won't be very good. i'm really upset about this. i always have so much fun racing at kahoka and last years 6 hour there was no exeption. i just wish they could have it during the summer on a better weekend.

Yep my teammate is going to be at the Florida GNCC and ill be at the Hillbilly:devil: really wish i could race it, i had a lot of fun last year

02-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
Yep my teammate is going to be at the Florida GNCC and ill be at the Hillbilly:devil: really wish i could race it, i had a lot of fun last year

doesnt that figure...:blah:

montycarlo
02-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Well, I am scheduled to work that day. If it is a plain old Saturday I can switch somebody out of it but if it is a :rolleyes: customer appreciation:ermm: day then my presence is mandatory.

smr
02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Guys...where are you getting your info?

I'm calling BS on this thread until somebody revels a source.

outlawATV
02-17-2006, 01:30 PM
This is crappy. Most of our guys will be in Florida for the GNCC. Surely this is wrong. I hope this is wrong. Let us know where you found your info. Otherwise I may have to make a call. :mad: :mad: :mad: mommab

sspalco
02-17-2006, 02:30 PM
I heard the race was gonna be on the 4th also. I was bichin cuz of the short notice. If they want to keep the race in MO and have a good turn out, they need to switch dates. I don't know what they were thinkin. I tried callin the phone number listed on the maxxis 6 hr. site and cannot get through. But I am pretty sure this is the date. So for anyone who is gonna make it, GOOD LUCK.

sspalco
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
I just emailed the 6 hr. site and hopefully know the schedule soon.

Johnny & Monica
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Someone with some ties to Pellan emailed me this.

March 4 -- MO

April 16 -- CA

June 3 -- TX (Houston)

June 10 -- WI

July ?? -- KY

Aug 26 -- NH

12 Hours at Caddo Point: Oct 28

Johnny & Monica
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Here's the Kahoka flyer but it doesn't even have the date listed on it.

Johnny & Monica
02-17-2006, 02:50 PM
second half

sspalco
02-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I got the same schedule emailed to me. i was just waitin to hear from Fast Trak.

Johnny & Monica
02-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I also heard that the are going to keep points and then the winner of the points of all the 6 hours for each class gets the free entrys instead of each winner of each class as has been done in previous years. :confused: Pellan likes to talk about how much he has put his heart and soul into the 6 and 12 hours but I think he is failing miserably. He seems to be backing sliding more each year than moving ahead and making it better.

Monica

sspalco
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
All I know is that more thought should have went into the schedule. We are not gonna make March 4th for sure and I know that the boys were really looking forward to it. With the schedule clashing with the GNCC and the Hillbilly i don't think kit will be a good turn out. Our riders are splitting up for the weekend already. The older ones goin to the GNCC and the younger one is goin to the hillbilly. Good luck to everyone no matter which race you choose.

montycarlo
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I hope you're right about the http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/images/smiles/bs.gif because I can't go if 3/4/06 is the date. Hafta work. However, if you're in the Burlington Iowa area on that day, bring your Dodge/Chrysler product by the Deery Bros. Dodge/Chrysler/Chevy/GMC/Buick/Caddy/Pontiac/Toyota/Nissan/Mazda dealer right there by the mall and we'll give you a FREE oil change, vehicle inspection, and FOOD. While you're there- ask for Dave and they'll point me out to you and you can tell me how much of a bummer it is I hafta work and can't race. Then you can 'splain why you're not racing either. :ermm:

montycarlo
02-17-2006, 05:06 PM
SONOFABYTCH!

9 replies to this thread before I could reply to SMR's cry of http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/images/smiles/bs.gif!!

Now I gotta go back and re-read and see if 3/4 is the real date!

montycarlo
02-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
I also heard that the are going to keep points and then the winner of the points of all the 6 hours for each class gets the free entrys instead of each winner of each class as has been done in previous years. :confused: Pellan likes to talk about how much he has put his heart and soul into the 6 and 12 hours but I think he is failing miserably. He seems to be backing sliding more each year than moving ahead and making it better.

Monica

WOW! That sounds like they're getting pretty cheap! :rolleyes: Not only cheap, but without the certificate for free entry to the 12 hr how many class winners are actually gonna show up?

Me an Chad were really looking forward to the 6 hour races this year too, but I know I can't make it on the 4th unless somebody has a job for me on the 6th in a zip code close to 52655! I think he said he can make it so I might tell him to plan on IRONMAN!

geogeorge
02-17-2006, 05:39 PM
So whats new with everyone today? :D

Man did anyone go to work today? I just got home and there are like 20 new post here. Call Mike Burkhart the number is on the flyer and he will tell you the date is 3/4/06.

they set that date last weekend. they have been trying to get some word on Ballans having his race but could not so they just picked a date. To bad.

Well that should take care of the BS factor for everyone. If I get any more news I will let everyone know.

Geoff

robbins
02-18-2006, 01:31 PM
the date is march 4th, it is part of an all atv weekend, with a quad days mx the next day, and that track would be a great track for you guys to mx

do you have throw outs at the hillbilly gp, if so use that date as a throw out and race the 6 hr.
the weather is going to be perfect for racing. and the track is awesome.
you should come out and be part of this, because this race will carry more weight with your sponsors than the hillbilly gp.

Chino886
02-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I am new to racing, can someone fill me in on what a 6 HR is? MX or XC?

QUADROOKIE
02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
It is XC. You can run it all by yourself or have up to a 3 man team and change riders whenever you want.

Johnny & Monica
02-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
It is XC. You can run it all by yourself or have up to a 3 man team and change riders whenever you want.

Close Scott it`s a mix it has mx course , TT section , woods section rolled into a 6 mile loop with 3 riders 1 quad 6 hours straigth . Kinda set that way for TT`ers , mx`ers an XC`ers

QUADROOKIE
02-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Close Scott it`s a mix it has mx course , TT section , woods section rolled into a 6 mile loop with 3 riders 1 quad 6 hours straigth . Kinda set that way for TT`ers , mx`ers an XC`ers
Ya Ya Ya, well Im just prejudiced!:devil:

robbins
02-18-2006, 05:58 PM
it is xc, but it goes on the mx track too
you get together a 2 or 3 man team and switch off every 2 hours or so. using one bike.

Johnny & Monica
02-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by robbins
it is xc, but it goes on the mx track too
you get together a 2 or 3 man team and switch off every 2 hours or so. using one bike.

Are you racing both days , The MX an 6 hours ?

robbins
02-18-2006, 07:47 PM
me and my brother have talked about racing the 6 hr, and I will be racing the mx.
are you coming

Johnny & Monica
02-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I dont know my 2 team mates voted me off the Island lol Picked up a faster younger rider . Ga. Gncc is the next week after . But who knows may let the kids race mx sun. If there quads go back together smoothly .

geogeorge
02-18-2006, 09:27 PM
I dont know my 2 team mates voted me off the Island lol Picked up a faster younger rider . Ga. Gncc is the next week after . But who knows may let the kids race mx sun. If there quads go back together smoothly .

Johnny everyone is younger and faster then you. Heck I'm even younger, faster and better looking then you. :D

Now tell them the truth. he is not going to race cuz the quad only holds a 1 hour beer suplie and he would need to ride for two.

79400ex
02-18-2006, 09:40 PM
I maay have pickup teammates for thisrace tonight on the phone.
I will ber there for sure either riding with one or byself. I would like to race motorcross on sun., however, I have to be at work at midnight the at night.

MossboysRacing
02-20-2006, 04:22 PM
i found on ********'s site in the 6 hour forum on page 5 (i think)
where john pellan explains why the schedule is all screwed up. something like it was the only weekend burkhart had open and they were holding off because of some espn crap. he knows that this schedule isnt the best but its the best he can do. this post answers alot of questions and also has a most current schedule. we have personally hung out with john a number of times and he really is an awesome guy anhttp://www.********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4567&page=5&pp=10d works very hard for our sport.

MossboysRacing
02-20-2006, 04:23 PM
sorry dont know how to make linkie workie

smr
02-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I saw the same thread at ********. Sorry for calling BS on this thread but nobody would reveal there source.

It's true.

geogeorge
02-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by MossboysRacing
i found on ********'s site in the 6 hour forum on page 5 (i think)
where john pellan explains why the schedule is all screwed up. something like it was the only weekend burkhart had open and they were holding off because of some espn crap. he knows that this schedule isnt the best but its the best he can do. this post answers alot of questions and also has a most current schedule. we have personally hung out with john a number of times and he really is an awesome guy an http://www.********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4567&page=5&pp=10d works very hard for our sport.

you need to put a space between the an and the http:

or just take the the http:// out. so it looks like this.

www.********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4567&page=5&pp=10d

that should work.

geogeorge
02-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by smr
I saw the same thread at ********. Sorry for calling BS on this thread but nobody would reveal there source.

It's true.

We can't give up all of are secrets now can we. :D

montycarlo
02-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
We can't give up all of are secrets now can we. :D

Geoff we don't want ALL the secrets. Just the ones relevant to quad racing. :D

geogeorge
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
Geoff we don't want ALL the secrets. Just the ones relevant to quad racing. :D

Monty those are the only secrets I have. At my age I'm lucky to remimber what I had for lunch let alone any secters from out side racing. :D

montycarlo
02-20-2006, 07:25 PM
I bet if I asked around I'd hear some of your secrets that you're glad to have forgotten! :eek2:

02-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I bet if I asked around I'd hear some of your secrets that you're glad to have forgotten! :eek2:

like the ones to make his yamaha work...lol :blah: :rolleyes:

geogeorge
02-20-2006, 08:40 PM

Don't belive anything Johnny tells you. :eek2:

jdwxv3
02-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Man I bet this will be a absolutly horrible turnout. So sad....so many really fast MO guys and none can race b/c of the GNCC and the Hillbilly. That just plain sucks. A good date and some warning I bet we could have the best 6hr turnout ever. I will try to talk a few guys into racing it, we will all be ironman but I doubt they will race with this short of notice. Later, Josh

02-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Man I bet this will be a absolutly horrible turnout. So sad....so many really fast MO guys and none can race b/c of the GNCC and the Hillbilly. That just plain sucks. A good date and some warning I bet we could have the best 6hr turnout ever. I will try to talk a few guys into racing it, we will all be ironman but I doubt they will race with this short of notice. Later, Josh

ya thats y i cant race, if ida known a month or 2 early i could have made it, but now it definently wont work out

Johnny & Monica
02-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I bet less than 10 teams Heck there was only 20 last year with no excuse wasnt anything else going on that weekend :( It aint worth the gas money to drive from ohio for John Pellan I told Tom we got a good spot here almost most any late would work e-mail John P to but ???? I think he enjoys the low turn outs . Maybe a tax write off :confused: I`VE ONLY HEARD OF ONE TEAM EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT ? :mad: I would like to see his 6 hours be a sucess but man the planning sucks some of the dates are till in the air . How can you plan on that .

TRXman86
02-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Here is the web site to the track: www.kahokamx.com he has several scheduals up. Will I make the race, dont know, may be at a new job. Will I be at the MX hellz ya :D just got to change a head gasket first... if i run 6 hr though, may be iron man. don't really have anyone to race with me. i have always wanted to run a longer race though, this is my chance, hop i dont have to work. but without it, no money to go, stuck in a hole either way! this sucks!!!! 2 weeks before the race and ya get the flyers. what i dont get, he (MIKE at kahoka) has a web site and could have put up an advance notice that the schedual was coming out and what to look for. this screws alot of people. guess ya cant "win" them all :D MX should be a dam good show though. lot of riders looking forward to it. me for 1!!!

dirtriderex
02-21-2006, 06:25 AM
I ran iron man last year and was looking forward to this year's 6-hour. But I just broke my hand so no riding for a month:scary:

XCRACER26
02-21-2006, 06:38 PM
is there any way to get them redo the date because its obvious no one will be there. I have a race with my series the same date too.

02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by XCRACER26
is there any way to get them redo the date because its obvious no one will be there. I have a race with my series the same date too.

i wish...:(

DJJ450r
02-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
i wish...:(

me too :( I had so much fun last year at it.:ermm:

Chino886
02-21-2006, 07:34 PM
If any one needs a partner, I volunteer myself! Never raced XC before, but I will give it a shot!

My 400EX is setup for MX or else I would use it.

sspalco
02-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I was just on the hillbilly site and maybe the date is gonna be changed. I sure hope so. I mean I wouldn't bank on it but there is always hope.

02-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by sspalco
I was just on the hillbilly site and maybe the date is gonna be changed. I sure hope so. I mean I wouldn't bank on it but there is always hope.

i guess its kinda like the days in school when it snows a ton, and u hope for a snow day...but how many times do you actually get one...lol

moto50
02-22-2006, 08:39 AM
I bet less than 10 teams Heck there was only 20 last year with no excuse wasnt anything else going on that weekend \

That is not true. I know some mx guys wanted to do it last year but there was a CAATV race the same day.

outlawATV
02-22-2006, 10:14 AM
I called and talked to someone at Mikes house and they did say they might be changin the date for the Kahoka 6 hr race. John is suppose to be getting back to Mike this afternoon and we should know by tonight if the date is changed and to when. She said to keep in touch with the websites and it will be posted so I will be calling back to Mikes house tonight and as soon as I hear and if it hasn't been posted I will let you all know. mommab

02-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by outlawATV
I called and talked to someone at Mikes house and they did say they might be changin the date for the Kahoka 6 hr race. John is suppose to be getting back to Mike this afternoon and we should know by tonight if the date is changed and to when. She said to keep in touch with the websites and it will be posted so I will be calling back to Mikes house tonight and as soon as I hear and if it hasn't been posted I will let you all know. mommab

well at least there is hope

DJJ450r
02-22-2006, 04:13 PM
They did change it:macho Its on ********, its sometime in the fall:D

millphoto
02-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Thank you JP and Mike Burkhart for listening to us. We won't forget it.

geogeorge
02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Ok, now lets make sure we have a large trun out fo rthe race. They lissend and now we need to do are part. i will be there, I will Irone man it if I have too. Hay Tim lets think about a team, we could be old and slow. I'm the old part so I guess you know what you are. :devil:

But realy lets talk it up and make sure we all show up.

millphoto
02-22-2006, 05:03 PM
ha ha. I may be slow but at least I FINISH my races.:D

geogeorge
02-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by millphoto
ha ha. I may be slow but at least I FINISH my races.:D

One race were I hit a tree and everyone wont to pick on me. Also lets not for et the broken wrest and I did finish that race and did the next moto as well. hurt like you know what.

:D

02-22-2006, 06:08 PM
i'll ironman it and bring some friends :macho

MossboysRacing
02-22-2006, 06:27 PM
darn! and just to think that we were actually ready for the march 4th date. oh well we should be even more ready this fall. im also glad that you miller folk are attending we need some more sweet ***** pictures!

montycarlo
02-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Sweet. I'm happy for everybody it's a win-win-win deal to move it later in the year!

:D

02-22-2006, 07:44 PM
ya, im glad i will be able to attend :macho

dirtriderex
02-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Sweet! now if my quad and body can make it in one piece, till the fall:p

geogeorge
02-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
Sweet! now if my quad and body can make it in one piece, till the fall:p

Duck Tape. Works well on Bike and Body alike.:D :devil:

YAMAHASOUTH
02-23-2006, 08:49 AM
HEY GEOFF BEEN WORKING ON YOUR STOCK SET UP CARBS SETTIGS ARE WORKING GREAT AND THE UPDATED CAMS MAKE BETTER HP FOR THE STARTS.THE NEW COVER WORKS GREAT AND DOES NOT RUB THE CASE,ADDED 2.5 HP BY CLUTCH MOD AND RETURN SPRING.GOTTA GO TO WORK SEE YA LARRY

YAMAHASOUTH
02-23-2006, 08:51 AM
OH BY THE WAY YOUR NOT GETTING YOUR BIKE BACK.THANKS LARRY

Johnny & Monica
02-23-2006, 12:35 PM
For whom it may concern in the stock class I bougth Geoff`s Rekluse clutch from him. Now the only thing you stockers got to worry over is if Viagra is legal :devil:

robbins
02-23-2006, 02:42 PM
you guys should still come to kahoka for quad days on march 5th.

02-23-2006, 02:42 PM
For whom it may concern in the stock class I bougth Geoff`s Rekluse clutch from him. Now the only thing you stockers got to worry over is if Viagra is legal :devil:

lol, thats worse then the rekluse clutch, now we know what you meant when you said geoff ran into some trees along the trail...:p

Johnny & Monica
02-23-2006, 03:49 PM

Jeff still may trying to have the kids 90`s done maybe they could try one of the 90 class`s

Johnny & Monica
02-23-2006, 03:49 PM

Jeff still may trying to have the kids 90`s done maybe they could try one of the 90 class`s

geogeorge
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM

Last time I checked they did not do Drug testing in Missouri before races. Besides at our age, both a rekluse and viagra should be legal. :D

02-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Last time I checked they did not do Drug testing in Missouri before races. Besides at our age, both a rekluse and viagra should be legal. :D

lmao...u 2 r horrible :p

geogeorge
02-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Ok, I heard something about the new date being Sept 30. I think thta is great. I'm ready for it. I think i will Iron mann it and show some of you kids what it means to be old and wise. :devil:

02-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok, I heard something about the new date being Sept 30. I think thta is great. I'm ready for it. I think i will Iron mann it and show some of you kids what it means to be old and wise. :devil:

good, ill c u on the line and show you what speed, insanity, and chainsaws do ;) lol

parkers30
02-23-2006, 07:41 PM
If Ryan Smith shows up again he'l give you guys a run for your money

geogeorge
02-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Tortus and the hair.

Need I say more.

watts16
02-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
good, ill c u on the line and show you what speed, insanity, and chainsaws do ;) lol

I might Ironman it also. :eek2:

SHEP400EX
02-23-2006, 09:40 PM
yea i just got their flyer in the mail on wednesday! somebody didnt plan that very well. i would have liked to have gone also. here's a new pic of my new 450r. cant wait to race it- im looking for a set of axis or elka shocks front and rear?
tony

tprender
02-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Thew info that has been given to me is that the 6hr at Kahoka has been moved to Sept 30th. Pass this info on to anyone that you might think hasn't heard. Hate to see someone show up next Sat, because they didn't get the word.

XCRACER26
02-25-2006, 08:49 AM
yeah I will ironman it. i will be there for sure. hopefully my quad is still in good shape by then.

IOWAracer
02-25-2006, 09:10 AM
If quad is in good shape i am gonna ironman it so well see!!

montycarlo
02-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
If quad is in good shape i am gonna ironman it so well see!!

I usually hafta worry about the rider being in shape more so than the quad! ;)

Admin
02-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Big Surprise, the event has been postponed. Plus, ATVriders.com will not be supporting or covering anymore 6 Hour or 12 Hour Events.