PDA

View Full Version : hot start? Advice

jal232
02-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey i see the hot start added to alot of quads. What does this offer you? is it good bad? Just needing some advice.. Also what kind to get or what do you recomend? Thanks alot...also can you get the hot start and elimiate the mess of switches on that side of the bars...what abotu the lights? i want to keep those...Thank any thing will help...

out4sand
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Hot starts are typically used on bikes with Kickstarters. It helps you start them when they are hot and can be really hard to get started back up ;)

jal232
02-17-2006, 07:10 AM
oh ok,,,alright...well let me ask you this,,,is it better to hvae the electric or kick...is the kick reliable in weather when its cold...

mountaineer
02-17-2006, 07:35 AM
I have a kickstart only with yzf dirtbike cam, 13 to 1 comp. piston, port and polish, 4 angle valve job, I rewired the wiring harness and removed the battery. It kicks over easy, easier than my electric start but I think the electric start was harder to start because of the dirtbike cam. You do not need the hot start. The hot start has nothing to do with your left handlebar cluster. You would have to rewire. Before I eliminated my wiring I wired my lights to be on all the time. If you do get a hot start get it from yamaha.

jal232
02-17-2006, 01:06 PM
right...thats whaty i woudl like to do is elminate that cluster **** of stuff and wire up lights either on all the time or have a small switch some wehre..either way....then maybe just get a yz starter swtich to start it...i thikn its the best way...any helpful info is greatly appreciated...