PDA

View Full Version : Sand Devils

D400ex909
07-16-2002, 09:02 AM
I am lookin at sand tires for my 2001 400ex, it is basically stock. I don't go to the dunes often, but when i do, i feel i need sand tires. I dont want to spend a lot of money, and i was lookin at GBC sand devils (20/11/10) with douglas .160 alum. wheels out of rocky mountain for $150 plus shipping. I also saw Cheng Shin dune hoppers (22/11/8) w/douglas .160 aluminum rims for $140 plus shipping. What do u reccomend? will my quad be able to run the 22in dune hoppers, or should i stick with the 20in sand devils? i'm pretty new to the whole duning thing, please help me out. Also, if u suggest any other tires, for a decent price, please let me know. I'm only buyin tires for the rear. Any thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated, thanks

07-19-2002, 10:31 AM
as far as duning goes do you wanna play around or go straight?I'm sure you will play so I would recomend getting v blades cause they can turn much better but get the skat trak edges they are very light and durable the gbc's are junk my stockers worked better than those!If your only gonna go to oklahoma just use the stock radials there is'nt any big hills there but playing around is awesome and the stockers kick but in the sand just run 2-4 pounds i have skat trak haulers 21-12-8 9 bladers and they are perfect until you wanna turn but they haul up the hills and are very durable believe it or not.at michigan and oklahoma I always end up putting my stock radials on because they are great for playing and thats where the ex shines!