PDA

View Full Version : 300ex clutch Dos and DONTs..Torque specs?

SVT
02-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Well after the snow storm I blew out my clutch on my 2001 300ex. Bought new plates spring and everything..I learned you need an impact for the basket bolt, than I soaked everything in oil, the paltes ands everything set them in the baskets...but does anyone know the torque specs for the basket bolt??...I jsut tighted it as far as I could but I was haveing a hell of a time getting the casing cover back on....anyone have any words of wisdom for me??? thanks guys

exrider008
02-16-2006, 02:00 PM
u wanted the clutch basket right? if so then it is 80 ft lbs.

Sjorge450R
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
u wanted the clutch basket right? if so then it is 80 ft lbs.

i tightened it to 80ft lbs and in the process of holding the clutch so it didnt move, i snapped off one of the pressure plate studs. Just use a cordless impact gun and just hit it real quick and you will be fine.

bwamos
02-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by SVT
I was haveing a hell of a time getting the casing cover back on....anyone have any words of wisdom for me??? thanks guys

Ahh.. the good old reverse switch lever.. lol. That thing is a pain in the butt. I hate having to take that sidecover off.. lol. Well.. off is easy.. on is a pain.

I usually use a very small crescent wrench (need it as thin as possible), to give the revers switch mechanism a twist while installing the sidecover. You can usally get it to catch on its stop when putting the cover back on. It a little tricky. I have no "easy" way to do it, sorry. Just another reason to hate the 300ex reverse machanism.. lol.

SVT
02-17-2006, 07:50 PM
yeah been wokring on it for 3 days, did you ever remove your rear brake pedal? Everything has went pretty easy. I was told by the shop by me to only do 65lbs on the basket bolt, oh well it will work. I have all the cables off now ansd the case is by itself. This thing is a apin and its sold ocne it gets fixed I have a guy waiting for it it to get done.

Im jsut going to buy a big hammer and end it all. I can't stand this!!!

Please help me haha

If you can anymore, thanks

humblesquirel21
02-18-2006, 04:21 AM
its the revers lever theres a little spring down by the botom and the foot of the dpring rest inside the case while the spring itself resides in the cover what i did was set the spring on its mark inside the coaver then held the spring up with needal nose pliers(good ones that will atualty hold) and had a buddy of mine line up the cover and then slide it on until the spring was inside the cas and then i pulled the pliars out and put the case the res of the way on

also make sure your springs are torqued to 9ftlbs or else the coever might not go on

rooster300ex
02-18-2006, 10:30 AM
To me its worth letting a mechanic do the case taking off stuff. I have no patients when working on them for some reason. when i got my manual it suprised me how easy some of these things could be.

SVT
02-18-2006, 11:41 AM
:( :(

Worst thing I have delt with in a long time Im going to give it 5 hours of my time tongiht its gotta be done since the guy is coming tommorw to pick it up:ermm: