PDA

View Full Version : just curious, what do u guys think i could sell my R for?

beerock
02-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Im not sure im gonna really be able to ride again, at least not the way i used to because of a l4 and l5 herniatian in my back which is pinching a nerve, if i have a sith on my bone then i may be able to recover fully but if there is no sith and they have to cut my herniated disc off and take it out, well i dont know if i should be compressing my back any more then i should, especially if my back will be easier to injure. so im just posting a feeler thread about what i could get for my R

heres a bunch of pics etc

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=1987461&blogID=58835923&MyToken=d80e767d-e80e-42aa-81e0-92325e6586cc

EXtreme-
02-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Honestly, it's a buyers market out there right now. Most rides are selling for under 3k. You'll probably get the shaft. Too many pro-production quads on the market and the demand for an R is slipping away. Ebay is a war. Sellers are getting crap. The cycle trader normally gets a better buck for the seller, but the shaft for the buyer. You might get 5 if you wait it out. My buddy sold his to arizona some place for 5 bills...he took a loss...powervalve and all. Put it in the living room over a bear skin rug.

250Renvy
02-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Dude that sucks about your back. I would think twice about surgery though. I've known many people with back problems, several who have undergone surgery and none seem to be better. I would explore all options before surgery. Ever see the infomercial on vax-d (don't know if it's legit but worth exploration)

That is such an awesome 250R, I don't know how you could get rid of it.

But I'd say you should be able to get $7000 but you must have at least 15g's into it.

250-R-250
02-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Beerock that is truely a work of art. I would say the cleanest R I have ever seen , no doubt. I have a good idea what you probably invested in it, and sadly enough, you will never get it back. If I were you, and didnt need the money for an emergency or anything, I would just keep it. A bike like that, youll regret selling.

Just my 2 cents.

blb515
02-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Damn I would hate to see you sell it. I can remember when you built it back on rriders. Thats an awesome bike. Sadly, you would come closer to getting some of your investment back if you (and I would really hate to see this) parted it out.

Good luck with whatever you decide....

blb

TheFontMaster
02-15-2006, 08:36 PM
You should be able to get 6-7 grand for it, that quad is totaly built. If I were you I wouldn't sell it. You have so much time and money into that quad. Even if you don't ride it like you used to, the second you see it leave in the back of someone else truck you would regret selling it.

beerock
02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
yea, i could sell my motor and get 3500 for it and just build my other motor and put that in or sell that one for like 2500 then sell my R as a roller for like 4-5

Im starting to get into my car a little too much and im starting to go crazy, they even make penske shocks for it(axis)

turbo kits for them are like 4-12k and they keep up with lamborginis.

or maybe trade for a car or somethin?

heres my dyno vid made 300whp 333 tq

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIKS2TUIhtg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIKS2TUIhtg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/beerock69/me%20pics/car/dyno7.jpg

thing is addicting I smoked a bently in it.

250R-Dee
02-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Dang man! Sorry to hear about your back! If I lived in the US I wouldn't have any problems forking over $6~$6.5k for your ride.

Nice Audi! I just picked up a low mileage Lancer EVO IV as my daily beater for $2k:D I've already spent $3k on wheels, suspension and other knick-knacks:eek2:

Tom TRX250R
02-15-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your back. My friend with his R is in the same boat, broke a couple discs in his back from a car wreck and now has screws in his back. He is debating about selling his R too.

It is a shame though, I remember you posting those pics as the rebuild began on RRiders and you keeping us up to date as the build continued. Honestly if you can try to keep it if the funds will allow it. Even though we know you have a ton of money into in, the market for 250R's kind of sucks!!!! A couple of years ago, I bet you would have got every bit of 8-9K! Good luck with your back man!

beerock
02-15-2006, 11:16 PM
im thinkin maybe just maybe a couple mroe years and it might go up in value alot......Who knows though.

wilkin250r
02-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Or, sell it to somebody that will love it and appreciate it as much as you do. It's not about the money, it's about appreciating a work of art. Find somebody that will care for it the same way you have. Somebody that will maintain it, but not keep it on a pedastal like a trailer queen. Somebody that will ride it and appreciate it for what it is: a truly fine machine.

So, sell it cheap to somebody you trust. Like... me. :devil:

250r4life
02-16-2006, 10:49 AM
not so fast wilkin:D

beerock
02-17-2006, 03:50 PM
hmm, i dunno would 100 bux be too much? wilkin did ask first sorry 250r4life :blah:

seriously thought im not sure just yet what im doing, im having an operation on my back so we will see how it goes. I already had a 2nd opinion and both doc's thought the same thing.

trx250rkid
02-17-2006, 03:57 PM
i would do everything i could to keep that bike. its just so nice and has all the good stuff on it. but hopefully your back will be all set man that must suck having to think about sellin that quad.

concise
02-18-2006, 04:53 PM
not nearly enough!tried to sell mine on here for $6000 and got got NO reasonable offers.Good luck in whatever decision you make though,i would just keep it and ride a bit easier thats what im doin!

Cr85rRida
02-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Part it out:o