PDA

View Full Version : ltr450 in midwest

jstunkel
02-15-2006, 07:02 PM
i know somebody has already asked this on here but i couldnt find the thread, has anybody in the midwest got the ltr450 yet...im in southern indiana and my dealer keeps tellin me it will be in next week, then that week comes around and its still not here, and now they say at least by friday but im really gettin tired of hearin that...anybody have news of when it should really be here? thanks

motox450r
02-15-2006, 07:10 PM
i talked to pro cycle of missouri and they were supposed to be there yesterday, they didn't make it, he said today or tomorrow.

02-15-2006, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by motox450r
i talked to pro cycle of missouri and they were supposed to be there yesterday, they didn't make it, he said today or tomorrow. [/QUOTE

I THINK THIS SAYS IT ALL...... "procycle"

Jan. 9, 2006
Nixon accuses Columbia, Springfield motorcycle dealers of bait-and-switch; lawsuits seek refunds for consumers

Jefferson City, Mo. — Attorney General Jay Nixon wants to put the brakes on three Missouri motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle dealers that he says lure customers through misleading advertisements. ProCycle has two locations in Springfield and one in Columbia, and Nixon says the dealerships, in some instances, promised one price for merchandise while charging another.

Nixon’s lawsuits, filed today in Boone and Greene County circuit courts, say ProCycle employees confirm the advertised price to customers. Some consumers who buy the merchandise, however, have complained that they were hit with additional back-room fees for processing, set-up, credit-card surcharges and other costs.

"This is your classic bait-and-switch scheme," Nixon said. "ProCycle is bringing customers in the door by advertising one price, reassuring them of that price, then hitting them with hundreds of dollars in extra fees. Misleading consumers that way is not allowed under Missouri law."

Nixon also says ProCycle of Columbia ran radio commercials saying it had no hidden fees. Nixon says his office took at least 25 consumer complaints against ProCycle of Columbia and 20 complaints against the Springfield locations. All three locations have the same owners.

Nixon’s lawsuit asks the court to order ProCycle to fully reimburse consumers who bought merchandise for a higher price than advertised; pay a penalty of $1,000 per violation of Missouri’s merchandising laws; and reimburse Nixon’s office for its investigative and legal costs.

Consumers may file complaints with the Attorney General’s Office on this or other cases by calling the Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-392-8222 or going to www.ago.mo.gov to download a complaint form.

http://www.ago.mo.gov/consumercomplaint.htm

02-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by motox450r
i talked to pro cycle of missouri and they were supposed to be there yesterday, they didn't make it, he said today or tomorrow.

BBB "procycle"

These complaints concerned:

3 Advertising Issues
BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

3 Sales Practice Issues
BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

1 Delivery Issues
BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

1 Product Issues
BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

3 Refund or Exchange Issues
BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

1 Customer Service Issues
BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

1 Service or Repair Issues
BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

BBB Definition:

Service or Repair Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, damage merchandise as a result of delivery service. alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

jfarrar30
02-15-2006, 07:33 PM
got mine yesterday

motox450r
02-15-2006, 07:36 PM
ace we've bought two 450's at different times and had no problem whatsover.

atvfrk10
02-15-2006, 07:46 PM
KC, Missouri did but each dealer got like one and they were all yellow. I'm the first white one and they said in about another month. So now i wait.

02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by motox450r
ace we've bought two 450's at different times and had no problem whatsover.

You should feel relieved. Not only are they scumb bags, they are flagrant shameless LIARS to your face. I think the bbb report and MO State release speak for themselves. I personally drove 3 hours one way for nothing. LOSERS!!!

02-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by jfarrar30
got mine yesterday

jfarrar I saw you posted pics elsewhere, it looked like you were at the track. How did it feel on the track?

spudss
02-15-2006, 07:56 PM
there here in oklahoma

motox450r
02-15-2006, 08:02 PM
yea we are lucky we drove 3 hrs too. he said a guy took his down payment back so they have 11 available, supossedly. he said 6550 out the door. was thinking about buying one for the wife. we didn't want to put her on a honda and kill herself, those things are wicked.. lol just kidding.

dg95
02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Legend Suzuki in Sioux Falls South Dakota got a yellow one in on monday. I get the next yellow one due this time next week

mikeysnide
02-16-2006, 11:47 AM
two days ago dales motorcycle center of southeast missouri got there first ones in my friend got the first one it was yellow of course the white ones are still on wait.... im not a big fan

LTRracermx_00
02-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Got mine last saturday in indiana

jstunkel
02-16-2006, 07:12 PM
finally got mine today! can already tell it was well worth the wait even tho ive only rode it for 15 minutes...the weather is getting really bad here-tornado watches and calling for hail, really wish i was out riding it right now tho...guess ill just have to wait for tommorow when its nice and muddy! the high is only in the 30s tho so thats gona suck, ill probably have some pics posted tommorow too when i can get it out of the garage and take some better ones

02-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by jstunkel
finally got mine today! can already tell it was well worth the wait even tho ive only rode it for 15 minutes...the weather is getting really bad here-tornado watches and calling for hail, really wish i was out riding it right now tho...guess ill just have to wait for tommorow when its nice and muddy! the high is only in the 30s tho so thats gona suck, ill probably have some pics posted tommorow too when i can get it out of the garage and take some better ones

White or yellow?

LTR450_#67
02-17-2006, 02:30 AM
I just got 1 of 2 (as of now) that was delivered to dealers in Iowa......I got the white one and its comfortable....maybe even more comfortable than my Z400!!

LTRracermx_00
02-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Mines yellow

spudss
02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I just got mine this evening. (just in time it is starting to snow)lol.. I got the White.. I cant wait to get it out and ride.. It is very cold here and I had a hell of a time trying to start it.. I hope this isnt the norm.. This is my first Suzuki so I hope it is a good one.. I was debating till the last second on the 450R and LTR450(I am a Honda man) But I had to try one of these bad boys out..

02-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Congrats Spudds. I got dibbs on the first white one at the local dealer. I don't understand why every dealer in St. Louis area all got yellow. It sucks you can go to any dealer and walk out with a 450r or yfz but have to wait months for the LTR. I've got a table full of goodies ready to bolt on, but nothin to put the on. Next week I hope.

02-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Did you take it out and do a few doughnuts in the snow?

spudss
02-17-2006, 10:35 PM
There is about 2 inches on the ground.. I will be firing it up in about 30 min and take it for a little trip around the neighborhood..LOL..

02-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I bet the neighbors love you. LOL

spudss
02-17-2006, 10:44 PM
YES THEY DOOOO!!!!! lol

jeffw3048
02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by atvfrk10
KC, Missouri did but each dealer got like one and they were all yellow. I'm the first white one and they said in about another month. So now i wait.

True.... here at Olathes Suzuki we got a yellow in and out the same day.