PDA

View Full Version : 300ex still wont start

RidinRed420
02-15-2006, 05:49 PM
My 300ex wont start. Heres the situation:

When I turn the key on the neutral light comes on dim. When I push the start button the neutral light goes out but nothing happens (no click) nothing. Also, if I turn the headlight switch to on, the neutral light goes out, but the headlights don't do flicker or even try to come on. Bought a new battery charged it up. I checked all the wires and connections. Tried to start it with the clutch pulled in.. Still nothing.

If you jump the posts on the starter relay switch the motor turns over weather the key is on or off.

Any ideas?!

bbhondas
02-15-2006, 05:54 PM
check grounds and insulated wires?

02-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by bbhondas
check grounds and insulated wires?

yeah check that, and try to push start your bike see if it will atleast start. maybe if it gets started, itll start to work, never kno.

jcs327
02-16-2006, 04:50 PM
when you jump the starter post you said the starter motor is turning?. If so, is the starter drive engaging and turning the engine over?. sounds like it is pulling a load when you hit the starter switch. your starter may not be getting enough juice through the solenoid to turn the engine over. If this is the case, start by checking the starter solenoid, then the stator.