PDA

View Full Version : North NJ riding...

FMF450R
02-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Any1 kno where you can go riding in north NJ? I kno it's ALL illegal, but there has to be a place where the HEAT is low & kept to a minimum. How about Pompton Plains, West Milford, Jefferson, OakRidge, Parsippany???

DanTheMan
02-15-2006, 04:48 PM
i know there was some spots in pompton.. and trails in west miliford... if you know the right people theres trails everywhere... i used to ride in wayne but it was a reallllly small place... not a lot up this way anymore :ermm: where do you ride now?

exrider44
02-15-2006, 04:59 PM
There are still some good spots left. Less rocky down south Jersey though. I ride both North and South Jersey. You defintely have to know people cause the heat is always out to get you in NJ. Its pretty pathetic this state doesn't have any really good legal places to ride.

FMF450R
02-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by DanTheMan
where do you ride now?

Right now, NOWHERE. I am picking up the new ride this weekend, as long as I can get out of work early enough on Sat.. I am new to the ATV scene, spent too much time training/fighting & roadracing bikes previously. Just sold my Duc 996 & recovered from knee surgery.

DanTheMan
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by exrider44
There are still some good spots left. Less rocky down south Jersey though. I ride both North and South Jersey. You defintely have to know people cause the heat is always out to get you in NJ. Its pretty pathetic this state doesn't have any really good legal places to ride.
it is pathetic then they complain about us riding illegaly... i also ride down south, everythin up here is down... :(

gumby2461
02-15-2006, 05:51 PM
hey fmf450r...i live in boonton township nj thats mad close to lincoln park....wats ur sn...mines gumby2461...we should ride sometime..peace

DanTheMan
02-15-2006, 05:57 PM
we all pretty much live near each other... im down 80 east a bit from fmf... i accually have family that lives in lincoln park and a couple friends in parrsipany and montivale

FMF450R
02-15-2006, 06:15 PM
we all pretty much live near each other... im down 80 east a bit from fmf... i accually have family that lives in lincoln park and a couple friends in parrsipany and montivale

man....you get around. :D :D

DanTheMan
02-15-2006, 06:29 PM
haha gotta know the right people in the right places :D

ltl666devil
02-15-2006, 08:41 PM
to all on thi s tread can you not give up the riding spots around here. i live in wayne nj nd its a very few spots to ride due to the sherriffs officers on quads around here including all of passaic county. west milford and pompton r getting infested with cops. so please dont give up the riding spots. thanks

FMF450R
02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ltl666devil
to all on thi s tread can you not give up the riding spots around here. i live in wayne nj nd its a very few spots to ride due to the sherriffs officers on quads around here including all of passaic county. west milford and pompton r getting infested with cops. so please dont give up the riding spots. thanks

r u kidding me?? I guess, now I kno where Speziale is spending "our" hard earned cash. I never knew there were donuts on the trails.

ltl666devil
02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
ya i kno nd they r dicks. they zip tie ure clutch lever in on u nd u cant go anywhere. it really sux

DanTheMan
02-15-2006, 09:17 PM
bring a uti knife... cut the beast off and your out haha, i cant believe that... i mean im sure we can out run em to a certain extent :D but its hopeless

ltl666devil
02-15-2006, 09:26 PM
u can out run them if they r on there utility quads but now we have seen them unloading new 400exs nd 450rs but i dont think they will b able to handle them.

mole97
02-16-2006, 02:15 AM
dont mind me budding in on this thread,but i just gotta say i'm in n.y not to far from you guys.did you ever think about this cause i sure have? your riding supposadly illegal trails on quads? right . so now they have cops chasing you down and consfiscating you r vehicles. o.k. but wtf are they riding? QUADS. :ermm: so its ok for them to ride around all day and bust everyones balls but yet we cant:eek2: just a thought.:D by the way i'm not justifying illegall riding,but just making a point.

ltl666devil
02-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by mole97
dont mind me budding in on this thread,but i just gotta say i'm in n.y not to far from you guys.did you ever think about this cause i sure have? your riding supposadly illegal trails on quads? right . so now they have cops chasing you down and consfiscating you r vehicles. o.k. but wtf are they riding? QUADS. :ermm: so its ok for them to ride around all day and bust everyones balls but yet we cant:eek2: just a thought.:D by the way i'm not justifying illegall riding,but just making a point.

i thought about the same thing its bull

exrider44
02-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Theres always a chance of getting caught by the cops. All the places I ride, there is a chance you have to run but you deal with it I guess. Im glad I know cool people down the shore that know the good spots. And as far as spots in passaic county I know some good ones as well. But i usually prefer to ride in the shore area because theres no rocks.

Mean250r
02-16-2006, 05:04 PM
i used to live in wayne, now im down in freehold.

but cops on 450's? wtf lmao they seriously must have nothing better to do. i dont understand why they cant jus let us be if were not bothering anyone. umm i heard sumthin about exit 51? i never been up there tho, i drive past all the time and see people ride but i never went there, looks pretty sick tho, trails everywhere with jumps and shi t.

DanTheMan
02-16-2006, 05:23 PM
is that off of 80? my sisters bf is a state trooper and works up 80 around hope :D i want to ask about spots if he knew of any and if i get intruble i can just say im with him :D

400Rider022
02-16-2006, 05:35 PM

who are your relatives that live in montville...thats where i live

DanTheMan
02-16-2006, 06:15 PM
well the kid i know in montville, close friend, names brian pokalski... my age hes a sophmore at school there

FMF450R
02-16-2006, 06:18 PM
THERE'S A SMALL SAND PIT ACROSS FROM FAIRY TALE FOREST IN OAK RIDGE (OFF COZY LK RD). CAN I TAKE MY 8 YR OLD NEPHEW THERE ON HIS PREDATOR 90 OR YOU THINK THE COPS WILL BUST MY NUTZ?? THE QUAD IS INSURED/REGISTERED. MY BRO IS ALSO A COP, BUT IN NYC, -LOL.

I HEARD THEY DONT BUST LITTLE KIDS, JUST WANNA BE SURE. ANYONE BEEN THERE???

DanTheMan
02-16-2006, 08:01 PM
you ever see people ride there? i mean hey maybe theyll let you off with a warning, but i sure wouldnt know... good luck

pastfast125
02-16-2006, 08:09 PM
I know this aint north NJ, but who rides at NJORVP in chatsworth and wants to meet up and ride? Preferrably somebody that rides dirtbikes, cuz the atv track there is boring as anything.:ermm:

ltl666devil
02-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by FMF450R
THERE'S A SMALL SAND PIT ACROSS FROM FAIRY TALE FOREST IN OAK RIDGE (OFF COZY LK RD). CAN I TAKE MY 8 YR OLD NEPHEW THERE ON HIS PREDATOR 90 OR YOU THINK THE COPS WILL BUST MY NUTZ?? THE QUAD IS INSURED/REGISTERED. MY BRO IS ALSO A COP, BUT IN NYC, -LOL.

I HEARD THEY DONT BUST LITTLE KIDS, JUST WANNA BE SURE. ANYONE BEEN THERE???

they havent bothered me there with my nephew but make sure ure not riding. but u never kno. cops can b dicks

FMF450R
02-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ltl666devil
they havent bothered me there with my nephew but make sure ure not riding. but u never kno. cops can b dicks

thanx for the heads up.

avc8130
02-20-2006, 07:54 PM
From Parsippany. Dont ride too much locally because it sucks.
ac

bananas
02-21-2006, 06:53 AM
I would love to see a picture of dea or Passic County Cops on Quads... The best was when the mayor of West Milford was on a Quad with no helmet... a______....
I was driving my truck on route 23 in west milford about 4 months ago and I saw 2 quads on a trailer with New Jersey State plates on the trailer. That was the first time I ever saw any cops with quads...If they were who knows.. The zip tie thing is funny... Or they take your key is a good one too. Best one is the great looking girl stop on the side with a flat tire...I love that one... We want real proof. :blah: :blah: :blah:

FMF450R
02-21-2006, 08:08 AM
any good riding in vernon??

MR.BIG
02-21-2006, 09:52 AM
There used to be I use to ride over there all of the time about 12 years ago when the van decker sand pits were there. Now its all condo's. NJ riding sucks anymore.

exrider44
02-21-2006, 10:41 AM
There is still riding in Vernon. I havent gone out yet cause the cops are nuts up here. I ride with bananas we usually go south jersey. But we have some friends that are gonna show us some new spots in my old town Ringwood.

FMF450R
02-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by exrider44
we have some friends that are gonna show us some new spots in my old town Ringwood.

WHERE IN RINGWOOD?? PM ME..

Dale@AGP
03-24-2006, 08:33 AM
If you want to race Cross County/Hare Scrambles you might want to look into the Atlantic Grand Prix series. Our events are in NJ, PA and NY, We run the Quads on Sunday for both Youth and Adults, but we also do Bike on Saturday.

Our first event is April 2 2006 in Barnegat Township NJ

Our Website is: http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

And you can download the flyer to our April 1 event at: http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/AGPapril2.pdf

Dale