PDA

View Full Version : Just wonderin bout my air box lid...

Flyin-Low
02-15-2006, 04:16 PM
will runnin my ex without a lid expose the filter to too much mud if i ride the woods alot? and will it make enough of a differance in air flow to require a change in the jetting?

Prolly just sum dumb questions to most people :confused: :D

NCexRider
02-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Yes you will get trash in your airbox if you ride in the woods with no lid. It's not even worth running without it unless you're piped and jetted anyway.

Brehmmotorsport
02-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Go to ebay or ehsracing.com and buy a filter kit for your air box lid. Keeps all the crap out but still lets all the air in. I race xc and never get anything in and did not have to change jetting from my mx times running no lid at all. It is a billet aluminum ring that compresses a outerwear into your lid. A 400 has to run with the lid off. Without it off the power sucks. I run a stock motor with this lid and a tc exhaust. I can run with a 450 on the bottom end in the woods. If your going to run no lid make sure you at least get an outerwear for your filter.

Brehmmotorsport
02-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh and yes you will have to rejet if you remove the lid.

Brehmmotorsport
02-15-2006, 07:13 PM
with the setup you have listed though you will see big increase in power. They sell outerwear kits that velcro to the airbox but I tried one and they suck. Get the ehs setup.