PDA

View Full Version : So now what do I need???

CHEVYZ
02-15-2006, 02:41 PM
OK guys, so I think that I have just about everything else that I need...... well, engine-wise. My question is referring to my 440. I recently have moved up to a 440 bore and are getting the final touches done. I have all I need for performance, but I am looking for what I need with reliablility and strength to the engine ( And what will make it easier to run... things like a higher output battery). From what it looks like I have heavy duty studs and a heavy duty cam chain tensioner already. What about the gasket set. Will a Cometic do the job? As for other componets, what is your opinions on what I can do.... keep in mind, I am not tearing the entire engine apart so some things are off limits. I hope to order a heavy duty clutch as well... probably Curtis Sparks. Any other comments?

Also, should I upgrade anything like the battery? Can I? I have heard that the time you can put on them when modded with a cam and other componets isn't much, so can I put a larger capacity battery in there?

For anyone who has read some of my previous posts and is wondering, I am saving up for suspention now..... though I have got to get my engine correct first.:chinese:

04'400ex'er
02-15-2006, 06:12 PM
I wouldnt worry about a battery unless yours is getting weak. Hinson clutch baskett and Plates, HD studs, Hd connecting rod if you want to split the cases. the cometic gasket should be fine. CRF timing chain. What kind of camshaft are you running? remember some cams require stiffer springs and hardened rockers.

CHEVYZ
02-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks alot! :D

I take it that no one else has any type of history with similar mods?...