PDA

View Full Version : how install pro armor kill swtich?

sweet lou
02-15-2006, 12:25 PM
just buy my pro armor kill switch and i don t know how to install !!:( anyone can help me?is there any information ,site on article on that!by the way i got the 06er it s the same way to install has the 04/05? thanks:D

moto33
02-15-2006, 03:49 PM
The easiest way is to wire to right into the kill switch and mount it on the bars next to it. On my er I wired it into the wires (green and blk/wht) going up to the key ignition and eliinated the key all together with a little switch. I don't like keys, I just lose them.

corndogggy
02-22-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm wondering the same thing, I just made another post regarding this same thing. It is my understanding that when you pull the lanyard out of the kill switch, it is actually CLOSING the switch, and therefore not working like the kill switch on the handlebars, so if I'm not mistaken, if you do this and pull the lanyard out, the battery's positive will be grounded, potentially blowing a fuse or messing up your battery. Is this right? If so, it would be great if somebody would better explain how to do it the way that ProArmor recommends, as in which wires to tap in to or whatever.