PDA

View Full Version : Joint Injuries?

Steve-O
02-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Who's the medical guru around here? Has anyone ever broke at bone at the joint? I broke my right ankle at the joint it's called a pelion(sp) fracture quite a nasty break from what the doctor says. Was wondering if anyone has experince with type of injury?
Thx

jlhughes750
02-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Ouch!!! I did almost the same thing a few weeks ago!!!:confused: right side....mine didn't actually break though!!!! sometimes I wish it did... Muscle tears, and ligament/tendons streched and bruised!!!!:ermm:

long story short, I over shot a double and flatlanded...the quad went crooked in the air....i twisted my body to correct....landed fine, but all my wait was on the right foot and the foot peg was under my toes not the middle of the foot...so the toes got bent back to the shin!!! even in race boots......:huh .....crutches, missed work, xrays and wait..........this weekend will be 2 weeks...worst part is, they says its just bruised bad and get over it....meanwhile I can't walk right!!!! I'm gonna try to ride again in 2 weeks!!!?? Doc said 8 weeks total to heal the bruised and torn tissue???

glad its not broke I guess, its just frustrating when your in such pain and they find no visable fractures???

Steve-O
02-16-2006, 07:16 AM
sounds very similar to what I did, I was at atco and flat landed the finish jump just a lil crooked to the right and snap!! rode off the track in alot of pain!! but didnt even come close to crashing.
The worse part about it has been the length of time healing up this happened back in July 05. and I'm just now walking again.Still limping sometimes. Thats all because the break happened at the joint.:ermm:

Hard lesson learned dont skimp out on quailty MX boots!!

jlhughes750
02-16-2006, 07:42 AM
no crash here either, just alot of pain... I was using SIDI boots, I have been using them for years and they've been great!!!

Steve-O
02-16-2006, 09:53 AM
okay thx ive heard good things about the SIDI's