PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey blizzard February 12th 2006

rpyfz450
02-15-2006, 08:47 AM
I saw lots of ATVs riding around Old Bridge during the Feb 12th blizzard. I was just wondering if it was anyone from here. I saw one group that included three trx450r's (at leat one was an 06), a YFZ450 without headlights and a loud pipe, and it looked like one or two Blasters.

kamikazee400ex
02-15-2006, 11:29 AM
it wasn't me but i definately reeped the benefits of this snow storm. me and my buddies went out all day sunday. 1 yfz450 1 predator and 1 raptor. what a great snow storm!

Old Head
02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Yea snow is great to an extent, I spent most of the time in 3rd doing 5 mph lol. Maybe by the weekend i'll be able to ride my track in the backyard. Can't really jump a 30 footer with all this snow.

exrider44
02-15-2006, 05:03 PM
If you ride in the snow the best thing to do is get one of your buddies who rides a 4x4 and have him lead the pack this way you can hammer on it lol. That's how we ride in the rocky trails during the winter.

Mean250r
02-16-2006, 05:07 PM
i live in freehold and was tempting to go out on my YFZ, but i was afraid i would get in trouble, is it really legal to ride the roads in the snow? i heard of ppl goin down route 9 :scary:

ny300exrider
02-16-2006, 05:19 PM
i livce on long island but i got the same blizzard that you guys did. its not really legal here unless there is a state of emergancy(dont even know the full details on that or if nj has different policies) but if the roads are all fully covered and its dangerous for cars to be out, it seems to me that enforcement either have more important things to do than chase/hassle us, or they just know its probly not worth chasing us. me and my buddies rode the streets from 4pm to 10pm on sunday without any problems, and i passed a state trooper and numerous town cops with no chases. i saw a ton of guys riding through my town that ive never even seen before, it was definitly really fun. we even rode down to fridays and parked in the parking lot and ate dinner.

DanTheMan
02-16-2006, 05:21 PM
well about the whole police thing... i never say a cop while riding... my friends have and he hasnt said anything, but thats when we had state of emergency... if theres snow all over the road and like 300exriders said they wont hassle you and if they do hopefully they say take her home, thats wut happen to one of my buddys

02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
if youre gonna ride like a jackass then theyre gonna chase you but if ur gonna pass them in a decent manner they might show u some consideration.

Mean250r
02-17-2006, 02:02 PM
yeah i bet if ur doin donuts there gunna get pissed. but i would really like to know if its legal

ryann mx68
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
check w/ your county. when i lived in new england, if there was 4" of UNPLOWED snow on the roads, you could travel on them.

it didnt have to be a state of emergency.

somebody who rides sleds should be able to clear this up. im sure it varies state to state

panteramatt
02-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I believe that its only legal if its a state of emergancy. But I cant see them chasing you if its bad out.. I was out Sat night until 6am Sun and we were stopped often to chat and clean our goggles and we saw the cops numerous times pull along side of us and they just waved.:)