PDA

View Full Version : wheelies

Joe400ex
02-15-2006, 07:18 AM
I was wondering is there somthing on a banshee that hold u from wheeling long. My buddy has one and he talked to some guy and he said u have to take the wheelie sensor out. thanx

joe400ex

Titanium
02-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Joe400ex
I was wondering is there somthing on a banshee that hold u from wheeling long. My buddy has one and he talked to some guy and he said u have to take the wheelie sensor out. thanx

joe400ex

Dude, r u kidding me:huh

CHEVYZ
02-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Titanium
Dude, r u kidding me:huh

250r4life
02-15-2006, 10:51 AM
yah, the wheelie sensor is right under the rotary dirter niner. if you click it to the 17th position it will wheelie perfectly

Joe400ex
02-15-2006, 11:28 AM
thanx. Chevyz and Titanium screw u

250r4life
02-15-2006, 12:20 PM
thanx. Chevyz and Titanium screw u

lol- thats awesome... dont let them give you crap:D

Joe400ex
02-15-2006, 02:38 PM
by any chance does any have a pic of were it would be located. Thanx

joe400ex

pastfast125
02-15-2006, 02:48 PM
hahahahaa.....dude, I'll be right back, I just pissed my pants.

cominatcha
02-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Joe400ex,

They are yanking your chain.... and it sounds like you like the feel of it :rolleyes:

250r4life
02-15-2006, 05:05 PM
:devil: i'm sorry, i couldnt resist...

racingquads22
02-15-2006, 06:23 PM
lol wow...thats funny a "wheelie sensor"?
can you ask your friend where i could find that on my banshee so i can do wheelies? no wait...i already can.lol thats okay your friend sounds very....?smart?maybe idk

Mxjunkie
02-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Wheelie sensor is get off it and walk it before it bites u

lol...

250r4life
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
maybe the person that had it before you already adjusted it before you bought it, or maybe the dealership did... all i know is when i had my banshee, i wish i would have adjusted it sooner, but i didnt know about it...

off the topic... im going through my buddies banshee for him right now, and i got it up and going tonight... man, does that thing scream. this thing has a lot of work done to it, and is stretched pretty good to keep the front end down... you have to get on it to get it up into the powerband, but man when it gets there it screams... it made me miss my banshee... i love my 250 and wouldnt trade it, but thats just another advantage quads have over women: if you get another one or ride another 1, the 1st one dont get mad or jealous... i definately will get another banshee, possibly more of a dragger, when i have some extra cash lying around and get away to take another bike down to the dunes...

CHEVYZ
02-16-2006, 04:57 AM
thanx. Chevyz and Titanium screw u You posted it.:rolleyes:

brian250racer
02-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Wheelie sensor is get off it and walk it before it bites u

lol...

Man, I wanna ride that track in the background!!!

02-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by brian250racer
Man, I wanna ride that track in the background!!! :huh :huh

97blaster200
02-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by brian250racer
Man, I wanna ride that track in the background!!!

too bad thats not a track?

brian250racer
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Looks like some jumps back there to me!!!:D

troutman561
02-17-2006, 10:06 PM
How does the wheelie sensor make the quad stop wheeling... maybe it makes the whole motor shift forward and makes the rear brake engage?

450rJam
02-26-2006, 06:46 AM
no no its like a mercury switch........its simple to fix, you just have to change the mercury out with some lithiam crystals (they move slower)...or you can just put a flux capacitor on it and eliminate it all togeather........but do it with caution because you could end up flipping it all the way over:eek2: oh yeah its located inside the back tire , mounted to the rim with the end of the 6th and 7th spoke nuts.

Mxjunkie
02-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
too bad thats not a track?

lol yeah it is, its a track in the making!

2000_mx_banshee
02-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Good one 250r4life, very funny. As I was reading the post I thought to myself that I was going to say something along the same lines as you, when I read your post I truly burst out laughing.

Joe400ex... at first this was funny to me, but don't let my laughter or anybody else's for that matter influence or affect you. This is a site designed to share information, and help its members collectively build an understanding and knowlege of this sport we love so much. We are here to help each other and learn from each other. No question is a stupid question and I commend you for attempting to educate yourself, there are some very experienced and talented members here that are more than willing to help you out. We recognize that there are some younger and less experienced riders that have lots to learn, so post any question you need answered, we're here to help!

A Banshee is a little more difficult to wheelie than most quads, but with a little practice and information you'll get it in no time. A two stroke powerplant, like that found in the Banshee has a very eratic powerband. You need the power to get the front end up, (none of this standing on the bumper crap) but when the power hits it is somewhat harder to control. A four stroke on the other hand has lots of tourque, so with a simple blip of the throttle you can get the front end up and maintain that balance easier. On ********.com there is a video in the Evaluation section that shows Joe Birds Riding School, what he did was have a student sit on his quad in riding position with the motor off and the riders foot on the rear brake. Then 2 guys lifted the front of his quad for him so he could feel the balance point of his quad. Try this with some friends. There is a balance point, or sweet spot that is very important it you want to wheelie. If you dont give it enough throttle you wont get high enough to do a long wheelie, to much and you go right over (no big deal, your going pretty slow anyway). So hit the throttle, lean a little forward (don't pull on the bars), and settle into the sweet spot. This is kinda scarry if you don't know how far your quad is able to go, so do the exercise above. If you find you've gone too far just tap the rear brake and it will bring you right back down.

Go have some fun, practice, and you and your buddy on the Banshee will be wheelie Kings in no time.

P.S. There is no such thing as a wheelie sensor.

250r4life
02-26-2006, 06:13 PM
what, there really isnt one? :D like i said, i'm sorry- i just couldnt resist. dont worry, i few years ago i had no idea what i was doing either... thats how i learned, just asking questions, or just working on 'em myself and taking stuff apart and remembering how to put 'em back together... i have no idea what he was referring to in a "wheelie sensor." some people call 6 pack racks a "wheelie bar", but ive never heard anything about a sensor. sorry again- but you'll look back on this later and realize it really was pretty funny :D

03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
is about tiem someone regulates this post, im sure everyone had silly questions at sometime or another....

z400roosteR
03-09-2006, 01:19 PM
The critisism is perfectly fine, I mean they haven't changed the technology of the banshee since It's debut in 87.
You really think they had this technology back in the 80's? A "wheelie sensor" i mean come on use your head.

250r4life
03-09-2006, 04:07 PM
whata you talking about? the banshee has been totally revitalized several times... i mean they switched out the J arms to the A arms, and changed out the plastics and decals several times :D rookies.. :D

ps- i'm joking with z400, but i in no way support his previous post... that guy has taken enough crap for a while... we all got a good laugh at his expense, and i hope he didnt take it personally...

zeppelin
03-09-2006, 04:19 PM
maybe joe400ex's friend was talking about the TORS crap. :confused:

Evana13
03-09-2006, 04:54 PM
and he has 900 some posts lmao

jmc400ex02
04-12-2006, 05:42 PM
You are Dumb!

SheeRider
04-12-2006, 06:36 PM
unplug the black box under the gas tank like in this diagram......

terboed
04-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by SheeRider
unplug the black box under the gas tank like in this diagram......

lol, a perfect artists rendering. im gonna go unplug mine right now........ oh wait, dont you need that thing for spark.... lol

TXATVRIDER
04-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Dude this Thread reminds me of a buddy that works where i do. I told him i had a Banshee and he said quote "...You get a powerband put on it yet?".....

I was rolling......I told him he needed to change his blinker fluid in his truck after that....

KeHall
04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Dude it works I found the wheelie sensor took it out and all it does now is stay on the rear wheels even sitting still it rest on the rear wheels

Kenneth
04-04-2007, 05:31 PM
ok ok here is a aftermarket site for yall i use it all the time. the products are top of the line it should help. mainly automotive but some things can be made to fit.:devil:

http://kalecoauto.com/

let me know what yall think.

250r4life
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by TXATVRIDER
Dude this Thread reminds me of a buddy that works where i do. I told him i had a Banshee and he said quote "...You get a powerband put on it yet?".....

I was rolling......I told him he needed to change his blinker fluid in his truck after that....

a year later he ressurects this post... its ok... it brought up a fond memory of this site for me :D

maxime_ro
04-24-2007, 06:57 PM
you are the funniest guy ever , Ithought i heard everything lol wheelie sensor

KeHall
04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah The wheelie sensor right next to the flux capasiter

NPelletier
04-25-2007, 10:00 AM
ok the wheelie sensor is a very simple concept, ok, you go into your garage, get a roll of ductape and about 50-100 pouns od weights, you rest them on the grab bar, and wrap the duct-tape around them multiple times so theyre nice and snug, now all you have to do is sit on the bike and pull back:devil:

brian250racer
04-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Kenneth
ok ok here is a aftermarket site for yall i use it all the time. the products are top of the line it should help. mainly automotive but some things can be made to fit.:devil:

http://kalecoauto.com/

let me know what yall think.

Thanks for the web site, I just ordered a new set of powerbands and some seasonal tire air from them!!!! I forgot all about the winter air I still had in there....:( :D