PDA

View Full Version : please help.....killswitch

kyleschonert
02-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Well, i was puttin on my new pro tapers and i was barely pullin on the killswitch, and the splice ripped apart the wire that it was connecting the killswitch to. It is the blue and yellow wire, it is ripped where it went into the splice. can i just take the coat off of it, tape it together, then go higher up the line and splice it? I priced a new wiring harness and it was like 147.99:eek:

DieselBoy
02-14-2006, 09:45 PM
good time to switch to a dirtbike push-button kill switch :D

kyleschonert
02-15-2006, 08:29 AM
how will that help me?

NacsMXer
02-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
how will that help me?

It won't he doesn't know you were talking about tether cord killswitches.

As for your problem, if you can trace the wires, you can cut and splice them together. The only thing holding you back may be some of the factory shrink wrap on the wiring harness. Just trim some of it back to get to the wire you need and then retape when you are done. No need for a new wiring harness..

kyleschonert
02-15-2006, 07:52 PM
alrighty. thank you for the replies. And i guess i should have specified earlier.

zeus54
02-16-2006, 07:27 AM
try to resolder the wires together and then wrap some tape around never had much luck with tape alone

NacsMXer
02-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by zeus54
try to resolder the wires together and then wrap some tape around never had much luck with tape alone

Well, yea. I'm talking about after all connections have been made. If you cut the shrink wrap around the wiring harness bundle, you want to tape it all back together so you don't have a bunch of stray wires hanging there..