PDA

View Full Version : dunk gets new ride

motox450r
02-14-2006, 08:03 PM
dunk gets a factory ride with suzuki. said he couldn't get enough power out of the yami. aint that a shame. good luck and kick some butt dunk.

hard one
02-14-2006, 08:08 PM
If dunk is moving to suzuki he be be even faster with the new 450 compared to his old yamaha.

Now suzuki has two awsome factory riders digger and dunk.

I would like to see him jump down some awsome cliffs on his new suzuki like in h-bomb films "Huevos".

I am just going to be glad to see something other than blue and red on the track.:D

motox450r
02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
he'll be smoother and faster fo sho!!!!

Luecker
02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by hard one

Now suzuki has two awsome factory riders digger and dunk.

I am just going to be glad to see something other than blue and red on the track.:D

Actually it is 3, you forgot Jones.

I agree with the Red and Blue comment. Now we just need to get some green (kawi) and orange (KTM) and it will be all good.

LTR450_#67
02-15-2006, 12:52 AM
YEAH YOU CAN'T FORGET JONES.....his run with bad luck is up!!

go #2

Congrats to Team Suzuki for picking up a talented rider! I'm sure Dunk will do great!

Pappy
02-15-2006, 05:50 AM
I reckon the test ride infront of the suki folks impressed them!

GO DUNK!

jason14x
02-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Wheres this info coming from? I say huge props to Suzuki if its true!

Jason has run quite a few races with us up here in New England I wish him the best and hope we see him when he can still make it up here !

Good Luck Jay!

Jason

motox450r
02-15-2006, 09:15 AM
We were eating supper Saturday night and Dunk comes over to the table and gave us the news, we were eating with a couple friends that know him. He said he won't be riding with Gust and Jones on the truck. Either way he said he was going to suzuki even if he didn't get the factory ride. Good luck Dunk

400grl
02-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Not enough power from the Yami??:confused: I don't think I've heard that one before! Good for Dunk, though - seems like a good guy to get that kind of support!!

MXRACER86
02-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
Not enough power from the Yami??:confused: I don't think I've heard that one before! Good for Dunk, though - seems like a good guy to get that kind of support!!
Yep! I have talked to a couple of motor builders and they said the same thing! They said the honda motor was a better motor! Anyway I think dunk is a "supported" rider not a "factory" rider!

LTR450_#67
02-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Being supported by Suzuki is almost just as good as Factoy ride by them....except you don't get to ride in the semi or get paid, but if you need something you just walk over to the trailer and be like "Hey, I need this..." Well maybe not quite like that but I'm sure it's something along that line.

Wasn't Lawson supposed to be supported by them? I see he is riding on a honda in a unique fashion.

willow2679
02-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Luecker you forgot polaris too (they are closer to quads than the ktm) so is one more to wait for

motox450r
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
Yep! I have talked to a couple of motor builders and they said the same thing! They said the honda motor was a better motor! Anyway I think dunk is a "supported" rider not a "factory" rider!

you can think what you want, but I was a foot away when Dunk told us he was a factory suzuki rider.

MXRACER86
02-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by motox450r
you can think what you want, but I was a foot away when Dunk told us he was a factory suzuki rider.

So then he will be piting with the suzuki rig correct?

yfzrider93
02-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Being supported by Suzuki is almost just as good as Factoy ride by them....except you don't get to ride in the semi or get paid, but if you need something you just walk over to the trailer and be like "Hey, I need this..." Well maybe not quite like that but I'm sure it's something along that line.

Wasn't Lawson supposed to be supported by them? I see he is riding on a honda in a unique fashion.

I have heard that Lawson will switch back to a Suzuki after the first few rounds. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Luecker
02-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by willow2679
Luecker you forgot polaris too (they are closer to quads than the ktm) so is one more to wait for

Yea, but Polaris doesn't have any vocus on Motocross in any of their lines except Snowcross. They tried an MX bike with the Predator and failed.

450man
02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider93
I have heard that Lawson will switch back to a Suzuki after the first few rounds. Anyone else heard anything about this?

ya pappy wrote it in his race report. i think for glen helen he explained it that he will switch over after a couple weeks. i wouldnt doubt if dunk is switching over too suzuki has cash to spend on another good rider and he will only get better as time goes on just like pat brown with yamaha.

motox450r
02-15-2006, 07:06 PM
we heard him say factory ride. he also said he was going to switch to suzuki's anyways before this came about. he won't be on the semi. at least that's what he said.

quadgeek631
02-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Motorama is coming this weekend to PA, and Dunk has been there the last couple of years. I'll see what he's riding at that point. However, congrats to a Pennsylvania rider!!!

motox450r
02-15-2006, 09:03 PM
i thought i heard him say he was getting them this week.

bradley300
02-16-2006, 09:07 AM
if it is a true factory ride, he is probably not going to be in the rig this year becasue all of his sponsers are completly differnt than suzuki's and he is under contract. next year i bet he is in the rig with an identical quad to jones and gust

CdaleXtreme
02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Dunk is on a Suzuki Support ride, with bikes and parts from Suzuki. But his main sponsor will still be lost Creek.

Lawson may or may not switch to an LTR it is still up in the air as of right now.

I will be sure keep you guys posted when Dunk comes and picks up his bikes. :D

02-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by motox450r
we heard him say factory ride. he also said he was going to switch to suzuki's anyways before this came about. he won't be on the semi. at least that's what he said.

Then that would be a factory support rider, similar to farr, byrd, and the yamaha boys.

97fordman
02-17-2006, 09:49 AM
This is just all hear say but, This weekend at motorrama dunk will still be riding his LCC 450. He did not yet sign with suzuki but will be very soon and this is all as of like yesterday so maybe he has by now.

Ride1Rob
02-18-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by MXRACER86

Better motor in terms of... power, durability, mods??? Really, if that's the reason he's going to the new Zuk it doesn't make sense. Natalie was here riding SandMountain a month ago and he said himself. His bike is putting out around 54hp. I'm more than sure the Yamis and the Zuk's modded are running around those same #'s give or take a couple hp.

450RGNCC
02-18-2006, 11:53 PM
he was still on the yami at Motorama... and in lookin good;)

genxracer
02-19-2006, 08:41 PM
I talked to Kevin (lost creek) at motorama over the weekend and one of the things he said was Yamaha never gave them any kind of help at all. I think his words were...we never even got so much as a handshake and a thank you for all the years they used the yamaha. Suzuki is going to give them some support, so both of Dunks Yamahas were for sale at the race.

LTR450_#67
02-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah Yamaha kinda took a dump in that department for Dunk....cuz they backed Michelle Reiser, Kory Ellis and Bill Ballance. I mean Dunk is plenty good enough for it .....why not?...too late now Zuki's got'em now!!

later

z03n05
02-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by genxracer
I talked to Kevin (lost creek) at motorama over the weekend and one of the things he said was Yamaha never gave them any kind of help at all. I think his words were...we never even got so much as a handshake and a thank you for all the years they used the yamaha. Suzuki is going to give them some support, so both of Dunks Yamahas were for sale at the race.

How much were they asking for his bikes?

brandon34r
02-19-2006, 11:06 PM
dunks 05 is for sale for 12,500
the 05/06 with 8 races on it is has a price range from 16-18,000

he is a supported suzuki rider,lost creek will be getting 4 r450's off of suzuki here shortly....anyhow,how did you guys like the yellow powdercoated wheels at motorama?I think I like them better than the all black

97fordman
02-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Talked to Kevin he said they should be signing maybe tuesday or wednesday and they should also have 2 bikes by wednesday. The motor is going to TC and the bike is going to JB to get a-arms. As for the wheels I liked them alot. Dunk must like yellow, and now he is going to ride yellow.