PDA

View Full Version : wiring question

400exrider36
02-14-2006, 06:55 PM
im rebuilding my yfz and cant figure out where the wiring goes from the battery to the front of the quad. does it go on top of the frame?, etc. If anyone has a diagram or pic with the tank and seat off it would help alot! (or if u could just explain it) any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

400exrider36
02-14-2006, 07:37 PM
i redid it and it seems to look right. is this correct?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/450rider36/DSC03936.jpg

Legal250R
02-14-2006, 09:21 PM
That looks like stock location. You might want to consider running the main wiring harness to the side or bottom of the frame where it passed the head before going under the bracing at the frame/subframe connection. My seat rubbed my harness in that location and rubbed through a wire that caused me nightmares in trying to diagnose the problem. Ultimately I had to buy a new harness that I routed as I suggested above. If no one submits a picture to help you, please email me and I will take and send you a picture this weekend. I would do so sooner but I am out of town working.

JDiablo
02-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Legal250R
That looks like stock location. You might want to consider running the main wiring harness to the side or bottom of the frame where it passed the head before going under the bracing at the frame/subframe connection. My seat rubbed my harness in that location and rubbed through a wire that caused me nightmares in trying to diagnose the problem. Ultimately I had to buy a new harness that I routed as I suggested above. If no one submits a picture to help you, please email me and I will take and send you a picture this weekend. I would do so sooner but I am out of town working. 3

Yup otherwise it looks good.

400exrider36
02-14-2006, 09:23 PM
yeah i had it under before but it just didnt seem to fit, im just gunna go with this for now and ill check over everything once i get my plastic and seat on, which may be awhile im waiting for my graphics to come in first....