PDA

View Full Version : Air box modding

reconmaster
02-14-2006, 06:39 PM
j/w i plan on making my own custom power lid but i was wondering if i would be able to cut a square and put a piece of K&N filter above my air carb boot with out having to play with ym jetting all the time or would it matter because of the ram air?

wolffie
02-15-2006, 01:52 PM
are you doing this on a 300ex? i wouldnt mess with the boot of the carb that much, i would just take a dremel and make some circular cuts in your box and then put the K@N pieces there (that way if for some reason the K@N pieces fall out, you wont get masive amounts of dirt in your carb) i did something like that to my old 350 raptor and that worked very well! i got noticable gains of around 1-2hp (depending on how many and how big the holes are!

rejetting is a must though! more air=more fuel to compensate!
you would probably have to up a couple main jet sizes!

Toadz400
02-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by wolffie
are you doing this on a 300ex? i wouldnt mess with the boot of the carb that much, i would just take a dremel and make some circular cuts in your box and then put the K@N pieces there (that way if for some reason the K@N pieces fall out, you wont get masive amounts of dirt in your carb) i did something like that to my old 350 raptor and that worked very well! i got noticable gains of around 1-2hp (depending on how many and how big the holes are!

rejetting is a must though! more air=more fuel to compensate!
you would probably have to up a couple main jet sizes!

1-2 HP? Highly doubtful. Moving up a couple main jet sizes? More like one size up and adjust the needle and fuel screw.

I would recommend the little round Uni inserts that you can get, put in around 4-6 in your airbox lid and that should give you some more response without sacrificing filteration.