PDA

View Full Version : Baja's Durable?

tmoney
02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Can anyone tell me how the itp baja rims hold up. I heard that they bend kind of easy. Is that true?

Honda#4
02-15-2006, 08:33 AM
no its not true they hold up great i never had a problem yet with them.

02-15-2006, 09:17 AM
you can save your money and go with hipers and get a better wheel for a tad bit more money, ive heard of many baja wheels bending, just depends on how extreme you ride and the type of terrain, where as ive never heard of any hiper breakage

Racing Rice
02-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
you can save your money and go with hipers and get a better wheel for a tad bit more money, ive heard of many baja wheels bending, just depends on how extreme you ride and the type of terrain, where as ive never heard of any hiper breakage

I've heard of a few incidents of people breaking/cracking Hiper wheels. I don't know the details as to how they cracked though.

400exrider707
02-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I've heard of a few incidents of people breaking/cracking Hiper wheels. I don't know the details as to how they cracked though.

I believe it was the hiper hub that cracked not the wheel, and it was only with the integrated hub, but hiper made good on it and fixed all of them free of charge with an updated hub.

My buddy bought four baja rims for his 450R, and they all bent pretty quick. Everytime he spins his tires in the snow or something its kind of funny seeing how out of round his rims are.....but they are obviously going to be better than standard 190's. Hipers are definitely the way to go if you have the dough.

02-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I believe it was the hiper hub that cracked not the wheel, and it was only with the integrated hub, but hiper made good on it and fixed all of them free of charge with an updated hub.

My buddy bought four baja rims for his 450R, and they all bent pretty quick. Everytime he spins his tires in the snow or something its kind of funny seeing how out of round his rims are.....but they are obviously going to be better than standard 190's. Hipers are definitely the way to go if you have the dough.

yep :macho

Racing Rice
02-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

That is very possible that's what I am thinking about. I know they had a recall a while back on them.

400exstud
02-15-2006, 03:48 PM

A tad bit more money?:rolleyes: Talk about paying twice as much per wheel.

I have had great luck with my baja's. Nothing to complain about. My friend also has them and like them.

Quad Boy 660r
02-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
A tad bit more money?:rolleyes: Talk about paying twice as much per wheel.

I have had great luck with my baja's. Nothing to complain about. My friend also has them and like them.

Yeah really, how much would a ten inch Hiper cost.

prepracing
02-20-2006, 02:06 AM
all depends in what type of terrain / riding you do, a baja is just an ITP .190 with that ring and a rolled lip holding the ring in. They bend pretty easy in rocks ( all thought most rims do ). The front rims seem to hold up better, but the rears bend easier and I notice that the center of the rim tends to bend pretty easy in rough riding, thats where most people see all the wobble come from ( but the rears do take more abuse and force than fronts ). They do not hold their shine to long either. Therers no doubt they look good, but I ran a set for 3 GNCC races and some local trailriding. The fronts looked terrible ( but were still straight ), but the rear didn't make it, both bent in the center and wobbled so bad you couldn't ride on hard packed surface. So you just need to really look at where you ride and how hard you ride. For just trail crusing and duning they would be fine. For rough riding douglas wheels or OMF seem to have a much better products that hold up. I'm running douglas shamrocks beadlocks now and they holdup great..although they cost more but u know how that goes, you get what you pay for !

mdidonne
02-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Dam I hope this is not true, I just spent like 600 for brand new ITP Pro Baja rims with XCR Holeshots. Could someone let me know if they have any info on the ITP Pro Baja's ?

Thankx
Mike

bwamos
02-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
Yeah really, how much would a ten inch Hiper cost.

Per Dennis Kirk
(2) ITP T-9 Baha Rears = 2 x $98.99
(2) ITP T-9 Baha Fronts = 2 x $97.99
Total = $393.96

Per Hiper-Technology
(2) Hiper Beadlock Rears = 2 x $192.00
(2) Hiper Beadlock Frints = 2 x $177.00
Total = $738.00

02-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Per Dennis Kirk
(2) ITP T-9 Baha Rears = 2 x $98.99