PDA

View Full Version : quick question

400exrules
02-14-2006, 02:51 PM
What can i use to clean my front brake discs and pads with, without taking it apart because it drags pretty bad, and ive gotten all the trash out of their that i can with a really small screwdriver. But it still makes a scratching noise when it spins and it drags pretty bad. i poured water in the brake bads to try and wash some of the trash out but its not working :ermm:

zeppelin
02-14-2006, 03:38 PM
brake parts cleaner maybe, if you dont have that then try some lectra clean or some contact cleanser (not the kind that you use with your eye). the best way to do it is to put it on a stand and spin it around while you spray the stuff in there. and if that doesnt get it out, dont be afraid to work on your bike, it is a very simple and easy job to take the brake pads off and put them back on.

400exrules
02-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
brake parts cleaner maybe, if you dont have that then try some lectra clean or some contact cleanser (not the kind that you use with your eye). the best way to do it is to put it on a stand and spin it around while you spray the stuff in there. and if that doesnt get it out, dont be afraid to work on your bike, it is a very simple and easy job to take the brake pads off and put them back on.

yah i know but i didnt feel like takin it all apart, just lookin for a simple solution for a small problem, not even worth workin up a sweat over, it just bugs me lol

eastPAex
02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
try a pressure washer or an air compressor with a small nozzle