PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Racing!!??

USAF Dirtboy
02-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Ok...Im not going on a Bash Fest here, but has anybody ever have any problems with Sparks. I ordered a Piston, and gasket kit from them about a month ago, and was waiting for about a week...granted they told me that it was going to take aboot 4 days for them to get it in. They Guarenteed Me this. I call them a week l8r and they said it wasnt in bcuz something about JE was busy with NASCAR or something like that and i said fine(thats understandable).. they then said they guarantee that i would get it within the week. so i wait...wait...wait...finally the following monday i call and ask them about it. Now they say that it wont be in for a while...so i got a diff. piston and they again said it was on its way...Waited to the end of the week, and AGAIN called them about it...THEY NEVER SENT IT OUT. It was in stock but they never sent it out. OK now im pissed, They assured me NOW its on its way. FINALLY i got it about 4 days l8r. Then to make things worse, they Forgot the BASE gasket( i know I said i needed it) and the Wrist Pin Clips were missing. I call them about it, and they were just gonna send it 2 day air. Im REALLY in a hurry to get my engine complete by this Fri. so I asked for Next day air and they made me pay for Half...in my opinion it was there fault and I shouldnt have to pay for any of it. I know that alot of you like Sparks and this forum is one of the main reasons i got this from them was there reputation for excellent service. I still think they are an Awesome company, but i think this will be the last time I EVER get things from them. THNX for Listining.

PEACE IM OUT

xx3003xrdrxx
02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I personally dont like Curtis Sparks work at all. Now to hear that there service is like this , I dont know what to think .

02-14-2006, 02:22 PM
ya a lot of people say they do good work but they dont like the guy...ive heard it around at the races from people

xx3003xrdrxx
02-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
ya a lot of people say they do good work but they dont like the guy...ive heard it around at the races from people ;)

02-14-2006, 02:42 PM
If u want info on Curtis Sparks ask hondardr4life....

02-14-2006, 03:02 PM
yea ive also heard this and his motors are decent but there honestly not that fast

JIMTED79
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Curtis Sparks only took 2 trophys home from the 4-srtoke wars out in glamis compared to kenz cycle tecs 8 trophys. So there are plenty of shops out there building faster bikes than CS and probably better service from what you just had to deal with.

02-14-2006, 05:39 PM
i switched from Curtis Sparks to DASA, CS wouldnt even offer me any discount or support what so ever, any of the years i have raced, they served me well and got my stuff right to me and knew who i was, but wouldnt offer me anything off, then i found out about DASA and talked to them, found out they were great people and decided to ride for them this year :macho

USAF Dirtboy
02-14-2006, 08:25 PM
It just seems like Unless you are a TOP PRO you are nothing! Its just the Vibe im getting from everybody!

02-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by USAF Dirtboy
It just seems like Unless you are a TOP PRO you are nothing! Its just the Vibe im getting from everybody!

they got me everything i wanted in 4 days or less, they even rebuilt some engines of mine and all kinds of stuff, great service for me, absolutly no problems, just the fact i had spent over $2000 with the company buying everything from carbs, pipes, building motors, all kinds of stuff, and them never offering me support just led me away from them

honda350r
02-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Is that 2000.00 or 20,000.00 ??

02-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Is that 2000.00 or 20,000.00 ??

i bought a carb, pipe, engine work, bunch of stuff, we assymbled it ourselves