PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion?

300exOH
02-14-2006, 10:46 AM
I posted a question in another section but I thought I'd ask for your opinion on my question about the 250r I just picked up.

my post- http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=211179

Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Scott

Pappy
02-14-2006, 11:36 AM
im sure it can be repaired to a usable condition etc.

i have a 88 frame that seems to be in decent shape just sitting here if needed

300exOH
02-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
im sure it can be repaired to a usable condition etc.

i have a 88 frame that seems to be in decent shape just sitting here if needed

Do you know what other parts I would have to change if I switch from the 86 to the 88 frame? I tried to search for the info but it came up with way too much. If it is an easy swap I am probably interested in the frame though.

Pappy
02-14-2006, 01:10 PM
at one time i knew all that was needed, but i havent messed with building or working on 250r's in some time now. its a fairly easy swap i do remember, but id make a post in the 250r section to make sure it will work for ya

300exOH
02-14-2006, 01:15 PM
at one time i knew all that was needed, but i havent messed with building or working on 250r's in some time now. its a fairly easy swap i do remember, but id make a post in the 250r section to make sure it will work for ya

I'll do that. I noticed in another post that you do repair frames when you gusset/pc them. I posted pics of my frame issues in my other post from above. Do you think it would be an easy fix?

Thanks for your help.

Pappy
02-14-2006, 02:08 PM
the cracks are no big deal

the crushed tube can be repaired but if your not building a show bike or a racer, just have it coated in a color that will not make it stand out

300exOH
02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
the cracks are no big deal

the crushed tube can be repaired but if your not building a show bike or a racer, just have it coated in a color that will not make it stand out

Sounds like a plan. I have a few other things to work out on it like bushings bearing etc.. then I should know for sure that the frame is straight enough to repair and pc. I'm mainly trying to do a basic restoration and make it into a nice trail machine. I'll get back to you when I decide exactly what I'm going to do.

Thanks for the help.