PDA

View Full Version : She's Sold !!!

Quad18star
02-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Well I just got a call from my local dealership that had my YFZ sitting in the showroom , they told me they have a guy comming on Friday to pick her up . I'm gunna hate to let her go , but I won't be too lonely for very long . As soon as the cash is in my pockets , I'll be picking up a brand new 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660 with a 2500lbs Warn winch and a snow plow . :D The only downfall to the whole ordeal , is that I'm losing $3500 off my YFZ from the price I paid and she's still in showroom condition . On top of the $3500 that I'm losing , I'm going to have to dish out $4000 to buy the Grizzly plus the cash I'm getting for the YFZ which is $6800 . So long sport quads ... Hello Utes !!!:devil:

Just thought I'd share the news with you guys ... plus I haven't really been posting much in the last month ... too busy packing and getting ready to move AGAIN !!!:grr:

Butters
02-14-2006, 10:09 AM
well i guarantee you will have fun with the grizzly. i wish i could afford to do that cause i don't really use quads for jumping where i ride, so i might as well have a 4x4 that can go through some mud.

Quad18star
02-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Butters
well i guarantee you will have fun with the grizzly. i wish i could afford to do that cause i don't really use quads for jumping where i ride, so i might as well have a 4x4 that can go through some mud.

Same here . I was gunna race MX but can't do so anymore . A few of my buddies now have 4x4s and take their GFs along with them on day trips and go play in the mud . I figured I'd jump aboard and allow my GF to tag along now .... since riding on the back of a sport quad and being stuck all the time isn't much fun .

02-14-2006, 10:37 AM
yah ull love the grizz...those things are insane

NacsMXer
02-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Get a 2 UP Outlander! Fastest, most versatile utility out there IMO.

Quad18star
02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Get a 2 UP Outlander! Fastest, most versatile utility out there IMO.

I looked into them .... and it's just not my type of machine . I'd much rather have an ATV where I can put on or take off a rear seat when needed . If I had the money , I'd jump all over a Bombardier 800 , but I'm not willing to give up my left nut and all the cash I have for one .

I've been researching over the last few months as to which Utility would suit me the best and the Grizzly seems to come out on top . It's got enough speed and power for what I want to do , it's able to push snow well enough so that I don't have to break my back shovelling , there's plenty of accessories for it and it seems very dependable . The only concern I have and from what I've heard from others , is the lights on the ATV . Apparently they don't shine worth a damn so I might have to rig a little something up if it becomes a problem .... but for now , it won't be a problem . :p

NacsMXer
02-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, they do cost a pretty penny.. but man are they nice.

Whatever fits your needs best is going to be the best quad for you though. Sucks you had so much bad luck and had to sell the YFZ :ermm: Good luck on the new ute though, hope you get some good fun and use out of it :)

300excrazy98
02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
wow wow wow, the griz is 6800, you put out another 4000...

6800-4000> 2800!! thats what your yfz sold for?

PolarisRider
02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
u didnt sell it for that much....did you!

250xridamatt
02-14-2006, 07:20 PM
my understanding is that he sold the yfz for $6800 canadian