PDA

View Full Version : derisi shock rebuilds

fultz416ex
02-14-2006, 04:41 AM
hey guys got a question. how long did it take when you sent your 450r shocks to derisi to get a rebuild? i sent my off a while ago and haven't got them back yet. i am hoping to get a phone call from him this week. just wondering? also what adjustments did you have to make to dial them in. i know all will be different, but looking for any ideas to see if any are the same. thanks
travis

Honda6
02-16-2006, 10:25 AM
my buddy sent his shocks to derisi... i think he got them back like 2 weeks from the day he sent them... santo has good turn around time... when he got them they were valved to light and he would bottom out... he sent them back, derisi fixed the problem and then next day aired them back....

fultz416ex
02-16-2006, 02:34 PM
i sent mine out about 4 weeks ago and i e-mailed him last week and he said they would be done that week and i still haven't got them. i don't want to keep calling him because the more he is on the phone the less time he has to work. i hope i will get them next week. thanks
travis

Santo DeRisi
02-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey,
Sorry for the delay on everything i have just been so busy lately with all the races starting up and everyone needing their suspension. I have been working 18 hour days trying to get everything done so everyone can go racing. I am the one that does every shock that goes out so i can make sure everything is done right but doing things that way sometimes makes for a longer turnaround time. I hope everyone understands and please call or email me if you have any questions.

Toadz400
02-16-2006, 09:00 PM
That's awesome Santo, keep up the great work, I only hear good things about you. You'll probably be hearing from me sometime this spring or early summer when I decide to do something with my stock shocks.:cool:

fultz416ex
02-17-2006, 04:42 AM
hey santo, sounds great. i can't wait to get them. i wasn't dogging your name, i was just wondering what your normal turn around time was. i have only heard good things about you and i'm sure the shocks will be top notch when i get them. can't wait. also do you have any of the ball joint covers in shock. if you do i might order a set when you call me. will they fit janssen arms? thanks
travis

jal232
02-17-2006, 08:05 AM
hey FULTZ....how do you like those jansen a-arms...is the +1 good and wide enough..doyu ride xc or what...got a yammi 450 just wondering..also on your wheels..what offset you go with...whats the width now
thanks alot
josh

Pappy
02-17-2006, 08:24 AM
dont feel bad about calling him, i do all the time:D he has a fancy dancy headset so he can work and chat, ofcourse when i tell him dirty jokes it could slow down your service time:devil:

fultz416ex
02-17-2006, 10:11 AM
hey jal232 i like them. i race both mx and xc so i wanted some arms that would work on both. so far they working great. i run 4+1 offset in the woods and 3+2 offset on the mx tracks. i don't know my width. the only thing i don't like are the heim joints. i wish they were normal ball joints. i am affraid when mud and water get in the heims they will want to stiffen up. hasn't happen yet but i have read of a lot of people saying this. thanks
travis

jal232
02-17-2006, 01:12 PM
hey right on travis...yeah i will be racing xc most of the time but we alwasy have a couple annual trips to a fmaily members house that has laot of trails,,and then the occasional just rec. riding with teh buddies for the weekend so i jsut didtn wnat to be so wide in the woods that id be screwed...on that 3*2 offset do you get alot of bump steer or is it pretty good really..thanks
josh

fultz416ex
02-17-2006, 02:24 PM
i really don't notice too much bump steer. my quad handles like a dream in the woods and can hold its own on the track. if you go with a set-up like mine you should be fine.
travis

Pappy
02-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Santo, here are the shots I told you about when we turned a pro rider loose on your rebuilds.

Pappy
02-17-2006, 03:06 PM

Kilabanshee
02-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Pffff Randy Leer = Slow :blah: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Pappy
02-17-2006, 03:09 PM
LOL...if he is slow, then i would hate to see fast:p

Kilabanshee
02-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah Randy is a crazy guy. I couldn't believe he was hitting those 90'+ jumps on basically a stock yfz. It took luburgh all day to hit those jumps!

Pappy
02-17-2006, 03:14 PM
i couldnt believe my brother threw him the keys:eek:

randy was having abad day and wanted so badly to ride. when kevin saw this he told randy...ride it like you own it:eek: randy nailed that stuff on the first lap...and the quad stayed together:p

Kilabanshee
02-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah It surprised me too. I can't wait to ride Rausch soon. Do you know if they updated their track yet?

Pappy
02-17-2006, 04:02 PM
no clue. since mike left its been going more towards the bikes and less to the quads:ermm:

chad cavagnaro
02-18-2006, 08:34 AM
hey guys and gals, don't forget santo can also order shocks from most of the major shock companies like custom axis, elka ect. and have even a quicker turn around time. i just orderd elkas through him and he saved me some dough! thanks santo, and good luck this year! chad c.

Santo DeRisi
02-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Santo, here are the shots I told you about when we turned a pro rider loose on your rebuilds.

Thats great!!!! I am glad to see that everything has been working great for him!!

Santo DeRisi
02-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by chad cavagnaro
hey guys and gals, don't forget santo can also order shocks from most of the major shock companies like custom axis, elka ect. and have even a quicker turn around time. i just orderd elkas through him and he saved me some dough! thanks santo, and good luck this year! chad c.

Thanks Chad!! I'm glad to be able to help!