PDA

View Full Version : There's hope for 2-strokes in the future!!!

readybeartoe
02-14-2006, 04:19 AM
You got to see the new comercial fo rthe E-Tec made by Evenrude!

If Evenrude can make a fuel injeted 2-stroke outboard boat motor (the E-Tec) that is faster, stronger, more reliable, and has a WHOLE LOT less emissions than a 4-stroke, why can't the "motorcycle industry" do the same!!! Oh yeah, with less maitanance too! Evenrude says the E-Tec is JUST "ALL" AROUND BETTER than the Yamaha 225 outboard 4-stroke and other 4-stroke outboards when compaired!

:cuss: So what's the deal!!! I know someone can make one in Japan! HONDA! Or do they already have something in the waits?

High tech Fuel Injection in a 2-STROKE quad or motorcycle would be Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :macho

Honda makes the new waver runners that are two strokes already, don't they????:confused: Or are they 4-stoke turbos? I don't know but they need to get on it!:grr:

450r51
02-14-2006, 08:17 AM
i beleive the hondas are 4 bangers. but i hope the two smoke never dies.

screaminta
02-14-2006, 08:24 AM
I have a waverunner that is a two-stroke fuel injected. It is a seadoo GSX RFI The RFI is rotax fuel injection. It has powervalved cylinders too! This is a '99 model so the technology has been around. By the way in stock form the 780 or something like that cc twin motor put out 115HP. Imagine that in an R chassis!! WHOOOOO! The sea doo xp's had a limited model that had like over 150 hp also haha

Coyoteman
02-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Evinrude is owned by BRP(Bombardier). I think you will see the technology in their sleds soon, then possibly in their atvs. Maybe sooner than later.....rumors are flowing that BRP is working on a 450-500cc two stroke quad.

zedicus00
02-14-2006, 09:46 AM
you guys know that none of the industries hav completly abandon the idea of 2-strokes right? sumwhere deep in their R&D labs theres still testing and new tech going into them.... maybe one day they will stage a comback in ATV's, maybe not. but its not dead yet.

rebelbanshee
02-14-2006, 02:59 PM
it is my opinion that in the next few years the 2 stroke will be the next 4 stroke.

250Renvy
02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
If I were a CEO at bombardier, I would get laegers or somebody to design a frame and put a 2-stroke version of the evinrude in the quad @ 350-450cc, get some good styling - not at all like the DS650 and corner the market on "RACE" quads.
Everybody and their mother would buy their atv's. Who would buy a Honda/Yami/Suzuki 450 if they could smoke it with a 2-stroke production quad, that gets better gas milage and needs less maintenence and is cheaper to repair.

dirtline
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
the e-tec has been around for a couple of years now. just not to the public. We will never see a 2-stroke bike or quad again, and this is pure politics, see there is abig group of people that think they are saving the earth saying this stuff about 2-strokes. alot of these people have money, and alot of this is in powerful places. these people money can get can get alot done. these are the same people that made sport quads disaper for so many years. can you think of a production sport quad (other then the banshee) that was built between the end of the old quadracers and the 400ex. i cant..

R.I.P 2-stokes

ontarioracer#33
02-14-2006, 03:52 PM
the e-tec is the same technology skidoo uses on there snowmobiles (there both owned by bombardier) and there sleds use less fule then the two stroke and produce a crap load more power. i agree that they should do a new 250cc two stroke i would by one

Quad Boy 660r
02-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by dirtline
the e-tec has been around for a couple of years now. just not to the public. We will never see a 2-stroke bike or quad again, and this is pure politics, see there is abig group of people that think they are saving the earth saying this stuff about 2-strokes. alot of these people have money, and alot of this is in powerful places. these people money can get can get alot done. these are the same people that made sport quads disaper for so many years. can you think of a production sport quad (other then the banshee) that was built between the end of the old quadracers and the 400ex. i cant..

R.I.P 2-stokes

Sad but true.

readybeartoe
02-14-2006, 10:22 PM
It doesn't make sense:confused: When they tested the emissions on both the 4 and 2 stroke outboard motors, the 2-stroke SHINED!:) It put out less emissions than the 4 stoke due to the High Tech Fuel Injection System! So EPA and those enviornmental activsit should be stoked to see ANY gasoline engine do that. I never thought that the technoligy would achieve this from a 2-stroke. I guess I just didn't know better and maybe they don't either unless WE spread the news...and If the consumer demands it ,and they can make alot of "money" at it, then I'm sure they will build it!!! They ALWAYS DO.;)

troutman561
02-14-2006, 10:58 PM
since i live by the water, and own a boat.. i am around all the outboards, we have 2 yami 150 4 stokes on our boat right now, powerful, clean, fuel efficient.. we have also had yamis on the last 2 boats with the 1st one being the old 250 2 stroke carburated motor, no problems at all... but anyways, i already see e-tecs breakin down, same with the new mercury verados... but what i have never seen not beable to start up in the mornings in the yami, hondas, and suzuki.. so no matter how powerful the e-tec is,or how fuel efficient and clean, u still have too buy 2stroke oil for it, and its still an evinrude, and its still gona break alot more than the jap engines will..

readybeartoe
02-15-2006, 12:57 AM
WTF are you saying?????:rolleyes: You have confused me:huh Are you saying that you're a 4-stroke Yami guy.... or WHAT? I get out on the water too and What I see is > If you have a New Boat= You have less problems. If you have an Old Boat= Good Luck!. And most boats are hard to start in the mornings if someone has not been on top of maintaining them properly. I'm not even sure what you're saying there. Anyway!

I'm not talking about "carburated" 2-strokes. I'm talking about the newer Technology of Fuel Injection in a new 2- stoke motor that Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, or Suzuki should produce in a quad.