PDA

View Full Version : I think my e-series is gonna blow!?!

400exrider0004
02-13-2006, 09:42 PM
I have a WB e-series slip on and I have heard a lot of people that run them have the rivets pop out cause the muffler to be disconnected from the pipe. Or the rust getting so bad the pipe and muffler will just seperate. Well there is rust all around where the pipe meets the muffler...I have had the pipe for almost two years. Should I save myself from it popping off during a ride and get myself a new pipe or should i not worry about it. If you guys want pictures I can post em if ya want.

Later

Thanks

bwamos
02-14-2006, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. All pipes will get surface rust (due to high temp, and humidity/mud) unless it's high quality stainless or titainum. Or, the quad is never ridden around water/mud.

Crazy Diamond
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Just tear it apart, repack and get some new rivets in it! After 2 years it probably needs to be repacked!

hondarider2006
02-14-2006, 11:27 PM
post some pics, I wanna see how bad it is

02-15-2006, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Diamond
Just tear it apart, repack and get some new rivets in it! After 2 years it probably needs to be repacked!

thats what I would do. if u dont have a rivet gun, they probly have one at wal mart. if not there then definetly a hardware store or a sears.

they are cheep, like 30$.

02-15-2006, 07:10 AM
my white brose never got rust on it. and the rivets helled good. only problum i had was the lower mount and the s pipe broke at the welds. but i got em welded back on.