PDA

View Full Version : Watch this!

miller821
02-13-2006, 08:43 PM
This is the crazy wreck i've ever seen. Man i feel bad for the dude and his rapty. Makes me scared to climb hills. Tell me what you think.

http://www.atvriders.com/videos/videos/take%202.wmv

02-13-2006, 09:51 PM
thats a 450r, but yeah that really does suck!!!

rooster300ex
02-13-2006, 10:08 PM
What made him stop at the top like that. Had to of been some kind of problem

02-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex

tried to downshift and went into netreul

miller821
02-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by 400exXx
thats a 450r, but yeah that really does suck!!!

Ya my bad that is a 450r. I'm just not used to seein em that color i guess.

miller821
02-14-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex

He tried to shoot straight up it in 2nd gear and when he got to the top he bogged down and tried to shift to first, and so when he finally did it looked like he let the clutch out a lil fast.

rooster300ex
02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
now i see. i didn't have sound when i first seen it.i bet now he wishes he would of just leaned way forward and slipped the clutch, i rode a 450r the other day and 1st & second where real tall.

dirtriderhoney
02-14-2006, 10:20 AM
That really really sucks!!! I would def. cry like a little bit** if that happened to my bike. It looked like he shifted from 2nd to 1st and he let the clutch out too fast. Thats what made him pop the front up. I think he got shook when the bike popped up and stopped it completely to try and save it from flipping. But when he tried to get his momentum again he def let the clutch out too fast and down she went!!!!!!

This is very similar to what I did once. I posted in another forum about riding with my friends and this kid who just bought a 450r and really isn't an experienced enough rider in my opinion to have a bike of that size. I personally think its alot of bike. Anyways, this kid stalled on a hill not as steep as the one in the video but pretty steep and slanted to the right. I was of course behind him, and once he got going again I had lost all momentum and tried to hammer it to get going again and rode right up the side of the slant and flipped over. That was my first and probably not last time flipping. My bike only flipped over once, thank god, and I had one bent handle bar. I wasnt seriously hurt fortunetly, just very very sore the next two days.

PolarisRider
02-14-2006, 04:03 PM
ya i found that vid last night somewhere. Makes ya scared of climbing and makes ya feel bad for the owner:( i just kept wacthing it over and over again in dibeleif

the yazer
02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
someone should teach him how to feather the clutch........ on a side note: IMO that hill is not very steep if he can walk on it like that

Blue250X
02-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
ya i found that vid last night somewhere. Makes ya scared of climbing and makes ya feel bad for the owner:( i just kept wacthing it over and over again in dibeleif

dibeleif??:devil:

PolarisRider
02-14-2006, 06:45 PM
omg! im sorry teacher! i failed my spelling test! now im screwed for life!

you know wtf i mean Nate

RaptorRacer45
02-15-2006, 06:25 PM
That feeling does suck....just roll over 2 see your pride and Joy go flipping wildly downhill like that:eek:

luvmyex
02-15-2006, 07:35 PM
are ya ok buddy? no i imagine he is feeling pretty sick about then after watching your quad get torn all to hell. i know i would be. and no it wasnt that steep. he just didnt know how to climb or ride that well. If you ever stall or stop, do NOT stay on the seat and try to take off! get up over the bars or turn it around and go back down.

Racing Rice
02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Ha! That looks like my roll over, except my raptor didn't go rolling down the hill. It sucks.:ermm:

dirtriderhoney
02-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Your right luvmyex the hill wasn't that steep for probably someone of your sort of age,....Well,... I mean experience, but for me personally it seemed pretty good size. I don't know about turning it around at the peak of a hill, hhmmm, doesnt seem logical or safe. Def. get up over the bars and roll it down.

Christine

xx3003xrdrxx
02-15-2006, 08:23 PM
climbing hills doesnt give me near big enough of a rush to risk that ;)

luvmyex
02-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderhoney
Your right luvmyex the hill wasn't that steep for probably someone of your sort of age,....Well,... I mean experience, but for me personally it seemed pretty good size. I don't know about turning it around at the peak of a hill, hhmmm, doesnt seem logical or safe. Def. get up over the bars and roll it down.

Christine

Christine, yes i have some age on me, and some experance. one thing i have learned is if you can stop on a hill without the quad flipping over when you stop. You can let it stall get off and pull the front end around and point it back down hill. Now maybe thats too much for a lil girl to do.if so maybe you shouldnt be on a hill thats over your riding ability in the 1st place. But that is much safer than trying to roll backwards for 100' down a hill. What i ment by get over the bars was if you were gonna ride the hill out and take off again. and i have seen a few people not make this hill and turn it around on it. Ive also seen a few go flipping down it like the guy in the vid.

ubnpast
02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
The rider shouldn't have attempted it in the first place with little experience on hills or slipping the clutch.

Second, and just as important to me, if I were videoing, I would have dropped the cam, had the guy hold on a sec and grabbed the bumper to keep him from going back down. Let him get off the quad and then figure out how you're gonna finish the hill, or spin the front around.

just my opinion. I prefer to help others on stuff like that. At least he got away from it okay.

You can't buy a new back, arm, legs or a life as cheaply as you can quad parts.

dirtriderhoney
02-16-2006, 07:21 AM
For my riding experience I would never attempt anything that I had the slightest doubt on so yes that hill would be too much for me. Period. But for the lil girl remark, yeah I am a girl and yeah I am little but I dont think that has anything to do with my riding capabilities or experience. Believe it or not I'm a pretty good rider, as I'm told. And I wasnt trying to be rude before you took what I said in the wrong way.

dirtriderhoney
02-16-2006, 07:27 AM
RE:

ubnpast

I agree with what you said about having the guy video taping help. I think the rider might have had some inexperience on hill climbing and having an extra hand would have worked. Thats the thing when I attempt new hills that are a little over my experience level, I am always paying extra close attention to what I'm doing because I wouldn't want to get seriously hurt.

Christine

quadrcr161
02-16-2006, 08:34 AM
i dont think thats a 450r, it looks like a 400ex with aftermarket plastic, but a 400ex. the front fenders look like a one piece race front and the 450r fenders dont come off with the seat. the seat and fear fenders are seperate and the fenders are bolted to the subframe.

still has to suck to just sit there and watch it tumble like that.

Highasu
02-17-2006, 09:06 AM
I really dont think a in the middle of a hill climb is the place to try and learn how to shift ....

I sure hate it for the guy....:ermm:

fatkid400
02-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by ubnpast
The rider shouldn't have attempted it in the first place with little experience on hills or slipping the clutch.

Second, and just as important to me, if I were videoing, I would have dropped the cam, had the guy hold on a sec and grabbed the bumper to keep him from going back down. Let him get off the quad and then figure out how you're gonna finish the hill, or spin the front around.

just my opinion. I prefer to help others on stuff like that. At least he got away from it okay.

You can't buy a new back, arm, legs or a life as cheaply as you can quad parts.

Ride with guys like this one whenever you can!!!
Not the ones that point and laugh.

DanTheMan
02-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I dont know why in the world he would let the clutch out that quick... it wasnt that steep of a hill either... but i know if that was my bike and i had a chit load of cash in it i would be cursing a storm... but then again i wouldnt of popped the clutch out that quick :ermm:

Dupontster
02-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Thats a 400ex with Maier race cut plastic;)

kfxnut
02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by luvmyex
Christine, yes i have some age on me, and some experance. one thing i have learned is if you can stop on a hill without the quad flipping over when you stop. You can let it stall get off and pull the front end around and point it back down hill. Now maybe thats too much for a lil girl to do.if so maybe you shouldnt be on a hill thats over your riding ability in the 1st place. But that is much safer than trying to roll backwards for 100' down a hill. What i ment by get over the bars was if you were gonna ride the hill out and take off again. and i have seen a few people not make this hill and turn it around on it. Ive also seen a few go flipping down it like the guy in the vid.

hhhmmmm that hill looks familiar i believe i have climbed that a few times:D

02-19-2006, 11:31 AM
its wasnt that bad of a crash. looks like his quad took most of the beating. ive seen way worse.

Bigun55
02-20-2006, 06:45 PM
that would suck, 4 sure

miller821
02-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Thats a 400ex with Maier race cut plastic;)

It might be a 400ex, but i downloaded it from the videos section off this site and it says 450r, so thats what i'm going with. But the guy who taped it might not know for sure. I dunno?

Sleeper
02-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Poor guy! Expensive lesson.

Sleeper

Racinfury
02-28-2006, 02:33 PM
thats pretty bad if you can manage something like that

turtleboy
02-28-2006, 03:54 PM
this video is making me think twice about buying a used atv...

miller821
02-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by turtleboy
this video is making me think twice about buying a used atv...
Ya no doubt, you never know what they've been thru.

440ex dragger
02-28-2006, 06:05 PM
I wonder if he rode it home all 4 wheels were pointing in the same direction. Bars, stem, subframe are pretty cheap but I bet those fenders aren't worth anything.

cycole
03-07-2006, 07:21 AM
That hill is steeper then it looks, watch the quad as it starts to tumble. It is hard to judge a hill from a video. He should have had all his body over the front end as previously posted.

red2004 TRX450R
03-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Ya that would make me mad until I remembered I have full coverage insurance on my quad!!! :eek2:

I have never wreck my new bike and cant bring my self to it.

NPelletier
03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
wow! i'de cry! thats terrible!

honda460ex
03-09-2006, 11:25 PM
All I got to say, it was his own fault... I don't feel bad for people like that. He shouldn't have tried it, cause it didn't look like he was very experienced at hill climbing. The hill really wasn't that bad. I've had a friend do the same thing twice, just like that, and call me cruel, but I think it's funny.... Cause he is always tryin to be cool and show out. Tryin to do everything me and a couple other of my more experienced friends do, and he always screws up! Don't show off and it won't happen! ha ha....

miller821
03-10-2006, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by honda460ex
All I got to say, it was his own fault... I don't feel bad for people like that. He shouldn't have tried it, cause it didn't look like he was very experienced at hill climbing. The hill really wasn't that bad. I've had a friend do the same thing twice, just like that, and call me cruel, but I think it's funny.... Cause he is always tryin to be cool and show out. Tryin to do everything me and a couple other of my more experienced friends do, and he always screws up! Don't show off and it won't happen! ha ha....
Very true, but i still feel bad for him, cause look at all the stuff he messed up. Thats a lot of $ to fix it. But i know what you mean.

honda460ex
03-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Still his fault! lol... You wanna talk prices and expensive... I've replaced my frame and a +3+1 Gibson a-arm! That's expensive, and still my fault... But it's all part of the game! :devil:

aroracer72
03-11-2006, 11:48 AM
third times trhe charm..its a 400ex....neither of what you guessed. I knew it was a 400ex as soon as i saw the front..it looks nothing like a raptor or 450r.....
Chad

miller821
03-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Still his fault! lol... You wanna talk prices and expensive... I've replaced my frame and a +3+1 Gibson a-arm! That's expensive, and still my fault... But it's all part of the game! :devil:

Yup i tweaked my subframe, and spent 65 dollars just on that. But it was my own fault.

honda460ex
03-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Man, you got off cheap on that subframe! I need to get a new one. My wreck where I had to replace the frame shoved everything on my left side back about an 1/8th to a 1/4 of an inch. Amazing how much damage that little will do! But it tweaked my subframe too, which I haven't replaced. From the back of my quad, it looks like the rear end is sitting crooked because of it! lol... O well, memories.... ha ha.

miller821
03-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Man, you got off cheap on that subframe! I need to get a new one. My wreck where I had to replace the frame shoved everything on my left side back about an 1/8th to a 1/4 of an inch. Amazing how much damage that little will do! But it tweaked my subframe too, which I haven't replaced. From the back of my quad, it looks like the rear end is sitting crooked because of it! lol... O well, memories.... ha ha.
Lol yup, I tweaked mine, still haven't replaced it. I got the new one though sitting in my room, got it for 65 shipped, and its even p'ced candy red. So it wasn't a bad deal at all.

SWIFT
03-13-2006, 09:14 AM
The guy with the camera should have went and grabbed the bumper for him. But he looked dead set on trying to recover him self. The front didnt even come up that high he should have leaned foward and stayed in it.
But, if that evers happens to me I always hold the front brake while slipping the clutch so it doesnt pop up like that.

400exrules
03-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by SWIFT
The guy with the camera should have went and grabbed the bumper for him. But he looked dead set on trying to recover him self. The front didnt even come up that high he should have leaned foward and stayed in it.
But, if that evers happens to me I always hold the front brake while slipping the clutch so it doesnt pop up like that.

i got stuck on a hill this weekend and thats what i did, i just leaned way over the front, with my nuts on the gas tank, and i held front and rear brakes while letting the clutch out givin it gas, and i slowly let out the brakes and i started movin up the hill

Flyin-Low
03-22-2006, 06:14 AM
I HATE the feeling of being stuck on a steep hill with no one to help!!! Even if the camera man was my friend the first thing i would do after seeing my quad go tumbling helplessly down a hill was slap him.

He coulda saved that guy ALOT of time and money!!

-Martin

wrdriskell
04-10-2006, 09:03 PM

Are you serious..... how do you expect to climp a hill if you never try it.. everyone makes mistakes.... sometimes stuff like that happens so fast that you dont make the most logical decision.... What makes you think that he was showing off anyways.... for all you know it could have been a guy trying the big hill for the first time, could have been really nervous and just made a mistake... or you could be right.. ya hes showing off by going forward up a hill after stopping rather than turning around so lets laugh when his very expensive quad goes rolling down a hill.... ur right, hillarious, i can hardly hold still....... i wouldnt wish that upon anybody, i know how much i cherish my 4-wheeler.......................lifes to short, dont be a dick.

wrdriskell
04-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
I HATE the feeling of being stuck on a steep hill with no one to help!!! Even if the camera man was my friend the first thing i would do after seeing my quad go tumbling helplessly down a hill was slap him.

He coulda saved that guy ALOT of time and money!!

-Martin

ooooooooooorrrrr he could have stopped, got off the quad and turn it around..... there was about 2 seconds from when he stopped till when he flipped it..... could u drop a camera run down and help in that amount of time....... how is this now the camera mans fault.....

04-10-2006, 10:04 PM
my first time riding trails i ripped up this steep *** dirtbike trail. and it got super steep and i bogged out 3/4 up it, so i got off and tried to turn it around, but i left it in neutral and it started rolling down the hill, and i couldnt hold it back so i let it go, but it turned sideways on the hill and luckliy there was a big log laying sidways and it stopped it from going anywhere...i was lucky, i thought for sure i was gonna watch my quad get gnashed.

Sleeper
04-10-2006, 10:33 PM
If by god's grace you are able to stop in the middle of a hill climb because you bog it out..... this is the time to take more than 1/4 of a second to think. He clearly was at a stop and was stable before he chose to do what he did. he had four ways out at least that would have been way better. Sorry for the guy, but take the second chance next time. Looks like he just hasn't been riding long or lost his brain for a moment.

Sleeper

Iliketogofast
04-11-2006, 03:44 PM
I've seen worse!

That guy looked like he didn't know wtf he was doing.

MR.BIG
04-12-2006, 11:28 AM
That hill isn't steep at all it all comes down to experience. He had a great run at the bottom of the hill and then when he ran out of power he didn't get up over the bars he just sat on the seat and popped the clutch. YOu want to see big hills ride the coal hills in PA. I just watched it again and what happened is he started to wheelie in second and then he let off the gas and when he got back on the gas he didn't have the power so he tried to downshift he should of just fanned the clutch and he would been ok.

Iliketogofast
04-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Ran out of Power = Four Stroke

MR.BIG
04-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Ran out of Power = Four Stroke

Yeah right line your 250r up against a 450r and the outcome will prove otherwise.

Iliketogofast
04-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Already have. Smashed an MX YFZ with Elkas and a 13:1 piston the other day. No contest.

Besides, it was just a joke, why so defensive? Are you in doubt of your thumper? :D

MR.BIG
04-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Of course not I have had many 250r's back in the day and they are a great quad but I wouldn't go back since having the 450r! It's all preference!

chpsk8er630
04-27-2006, 02:27 PM
well i am sure that guy wont pop the clutch on a hill again.

04-27-2006, 07:29 PM
i LOVE how everybody in this thread is trying to show everyone how they know or think they know what there talking about when they try to explain what gear he was in and why he came to a stop... like this guy
-----------------------------------------------------------------
some dudes post....
That hill isn't steep at all it all comes down to experience. He had a great run at the bottom of the hill and then when he ran out of power he didn't get up over the bars he just sat on the seat and popped the clutch. YOu want to see big hills ride the coal hills in PA. I just watched it again and what happened is he started to wheelie in second and then he let off the gas and when he got back on the gas he didn't have the power so he tried to downshift he should of just fanned the clutch and he would been ok.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
who gives a flying chit man....all i gotta say is u gotta punch that ****ing throttle on them hills. and if u dont make it, stop, just ****ing turn off ur bike and figure chit out.

popping that chit on a hill..wtf? :confused:

trx400EXtreme
05-10-2006, 02:20 PM
he hit nuetrel at the top of the hill. THAT WOULD SUCK!!!!!