PDA

View Full Version : Fair trade?

Toadz400
02-13-2006, 08:27 PM
A guy is interested in trading his Cannondale Moto for my close to stock 2005 SE YFZ450. Mine just has a Dr. D slip-on pipe on right now, but I have a Pro Design intake, Pro Design killswitch, and a swingarm skidplate waiting to be put on. Think it's worth the trade or should I be asking for a little bit of money. He says it has all the updates so that's the only reason why I'm interested in this trade. Along with I have a somewhat bad back and the aftermarket suspension makes me want it.

Here's the link to it. http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=43596

QuadRacer041
02-14-2006, 09:13 AM
if you trade anything for a dale your getting the short end of the stick, keep the yammi.

armoks
02-14-2006, 11:11 AM
But Lou he lives up there by the "EXPERT all famous R&D Team":rolleyes:

for what that guy has on that dale in aftermarket stuff It would be worth it.

QuadRacer041
02-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by armoks

ahhh ive seen that thing and heard its blown up a bunch of times.
R&D=rebuild and destroy

Toadz400
02-14-2006, 09:58 PM

Who do I live by?:confused:

Anyway, the only reason I'm interested in it is because of the suspension and the fact that it's EFI. He also claims all the updates are done, so that should at least make it somewhat reliable....right?:ermm:

I don't think I'm going to do the trade anyway, the whole reason why I bought my YFZ brand new was because I wanted to know exactly what has been done to it and what has happened to it. Buying this Cannondale I have no idea what's been done to it or what kind of abuse it's been through. Also if anything eletrical or dealing with the EFI crapped out on me I think I'd be SOL.

armoks
02-14-2006, 10:13 PM
IT is NOT one of the R&D guys quads. Nor have they ever seen that one

For what you are getting it is a good quad, are you ready to do extra nmatience and willing to run synthetic oils in it?

If so you will have a good trade.

Toadz400
02-14-2006, 10:36 PM
IT is NOT one of the R&D guys quads. Nor have they ever seen that one

For what you are getting it is a good quad, are you ready to do extra nmatience and willing to run synthetic oils in it?

If so you will have a good trade.

I already do steady maintanence and run synthetic oil in my YFZ.

Anyone else want to put in their opinion on this trade? Sounds like it'd be straight up.

cdrookie
02-15-2006, 01:44 AM
don't do it.

QuadRacer041
02-15-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
don't do it.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

:D

Toadz400
02-15-2006, 10:23 AM
don't do it.

Any reason why?

cdrookie
02-15-2006, 11:15 AM
you said about if there was any fuel injection problems you'd be up the creek. there will be FI problems. might just need a throttle recalibration or a simple idle adjustment or something more severe but it's gonna need something, sometime. and cannondales are not easy things to work on, too much stuff in too little space. cannondales have NO resale value, NO trade in value, and there's a 50/50 chance it will be a POS. the littlest things can be a major headache. i had a good one and it served me well but i was constantly doing maintenance, my maintenance to ride ratio was probably 2:1, and that gets old after a while...

jacobw
02-15-2006, 04:23 PM
cdrookie I thought you were a cannondale guru? HMM?:confused: Well I have had mine over 2 years racing xc and no problems and no updates besides motor mount. I hear even yamaha and honda have crank failures they wont admit hmm they are nice standup companies. If if dont work we'll deny it and change it for the better or worse next year. What about yfz electrical woes and the 2 bolts they leave loose from the factory you have to tighten up YOURSELF! Its a race bike its gonna needs tlc if you want it to last. Mine has well over 100hrs of race time try that with a new yfx and honda before freshening up. Buy the bike becuase you want it not b/c of what other people have to bash them. To many 13 year olds on here that havent even rode go to a real site like ******** or ******** and ask your question:D

Toadz400
02-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by jacobw
cdrookie I thought you were a cannondale guru? HMM?:confused: Well I have had mine over 2 years racing xc and no problems and no updates besides motor mount. I hear even yamaha and honda have crank failures they wont admit hmm they are nice standup companies. If if dont work we'll deny it and change it for the better or worse next year. What about yfz electrical woes and the 2 bolts they leave loose from the factory you have to tighten up YOURSELF! Its a race bike its gonna needs tlc if you want it to last. Mine has well over 100hrs of race time try that with a new yfx and honda before freshening up. Buy the bike becuase you want it not b/c of what other people have to bash them. To many 13 year olds on here that havent even rode go to a real site like ******** or ******** and ask your question:D

I'm not basing it completely off of what people tell me, I'm just trying to get some opinions on whether or not it's a good deal. I have been reading over at CannondaleRiders and I'm not too anxious to do some of the things you have to do. Like if you ever need to flush out the oil, you have to take it completely apart in order for it to be done right.

I bought a brand new quad to have the luxury of knowing exactly what has been done to it. With this Cannondale I don't know what kind of condition the engine is in, even though he has had the dealership look at it and it's been sent to ATK for all of the updates. He gave me some new pics of it but I'm surprised he didn't clean it up for the pics.

Toadz400
02-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Here's another.

CannondaleRider
02-15-2006, 09:19 PM
I'd go for it, that bike is an awsome machine.

QuadRacer041
02-16-2006, 04:51 AM

get the fu1k out of here if you dont think this is a real site.
jack off
dales are peices of sh1t and anyone who doesnt admit that is just lying to themselves.

Derno24
02-16-2006, 04:56 AM
To many 13 year olds on here that havent even rode go to a real site like ******** or ******** and ask your question:D

You must be smoking crack on that one. Let's see he wants to know about Dales so send him to 2 different forums that haven't had a post about a dale in months.

Toad I think you went to the right place to get info at Daleriders, but what do you mean flushing the oil? If you mean if the motor goes then the motor would be coming out anyway.

My personal opinion is that a used motor is a used motor no matter what you buy. The questions I would ask myself is if I have no problem with maintenance which it sounds like you are. Then I would have to take a good look at the motor. If you could see it and ride it in person then you could make up your mind easier. They can be good machines. Like Rookie said the motor is a busy area, but I am positive all of the newer generations of motors will be the same. I have a Dale and the new LTR450 and they are just as busy as one another.

Feel free to ask a specific question.

Derno24
02-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
jack off
dales are peices of sh1t and anyone who doesnt admit that is just lying to themselves.

No Lou tell me how you really feel.

Toadz400
02-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
Toad I think you went to the right place to get info at Daleriders, but what do you mean flushing the oil? If you mean if the motor goes then the motor would be coming out anyway.

My personal opinion is that a used motor is a used motor no matter what you buy. The questions I would ask myself is if I have no problem with maintenance which it sounds like you are. Then I would have to take a good look at the motor. If you could see it and ride it in person then you could make up your mind easier. They can be good machines. Like Rookie said the motor is a busy area, but I am positive all of the newer generations of motors will be the same. I have a Dale and the new LTR450 and they are just as busy as one another.

Feel free to ask a specific question.

I don't have a problem doing maintanence, but I was worried about the Dale engine being a little too complicated. As for the oil flushed, I'm talking about how the oil is inside the frame and how you have to flush that out. I was reading a thread about it and it seems like a real pain, but after talking to the guy who owns this Dale I don't think I have to worry about it going. If anything when/if I get it I'll tear it down and have a look at the insides to make sure everything is at spec.

And I feel like buying this Dale just because of what QuadRacer041 said. Ignorant posts like that make me want to do the opposite of what he says. I bet he thinks the Raptor is a complete pile too...

armoks
02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I don't have a problem doing maintanence, but I was worried about the Dale engine being a little too complicated. As for the oil flushed, I'm talking about how the oil is inside the frame and how you have to flush that out. I was reading a thread about it and it seems like a real pain, but after talking to the guy who owns this Dale I don't think I have to worry about it going. If anything when/if I get it I'll tear it down and have a look at the insides to make sure everything is at spec.

There is a kit out there that makes the dale oil a breeze to drain contact canniboomer here or on riders to get one. you don't have to flush the spars out the outlets are gravity fed so the oil just drians right out.

There are different theories from different people on haveing to tear a motor apart as soon as you get it. But untill an actuall engineer or old factory tech says it needs to be done then you shou;ldn't have to.

Personaly I don't listen to the BACK YARD mechanics when it comes to proper maintance and what to do with my quads. There were over 5000 of these machines made and only a small % had problems that are thrown around on the net that makes everyone of them look bad.

QuadRacer041
02-16-2006, 09:39 AM
No Lou tell me how you really feel.

hey you commin to the compound on sunday or what?>

Derno24
02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
hey you commin to the compound on sunday or what?>

Am I allowed?

QuadRacer041
02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Am I allowed?

i though kenny told you the conditions?we get to test drive the ltz, maybe ill hit the freestyle ramp with itand you will be blindfolded on the way in and brian will drive you the last mile before we get there.

Derno24
02-16-2006, 04:40 PM
i though kenny told you the conditions?we get to test drive the ltz, maybe ill hit the freestyle ramp with itand you will be blindfolded on the way in and brian will drive you the last mile before we get there.

He told me that, but if you weren't kidding I am only bringing the dale!:D

haydug
02-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I have owned them both, and still own them both. But, my opinion doesn't matter.

I would first ask: If the dale does run, why NO chain?? :huh

jacobw
02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
haydug I pmed you!

Toadz400
02-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by haydug
I have owned them both, and still own them both. But, my opinion doesn't matter.

I would first ask: If the dale does run, why NO chain?? :huh

Don't worry, I asked him that as soon as I saw the pics. He had just bought a brand new Renthal chain for it because it needed replacement.

I don't think I'm going to do this trade though. I'd love to own a Cannondale, but I guess it'll have to wait until someday I can afford to own one on the side. I ride mostly trails and I'd have to replace the muffler, a-arms and revalve the shocks to be able to ride the trails around here. That's a lot of money I could just spend on my YFZ to make it how I want it.

Thanks for all your opinions though.

QuadRacer041
02-17-2006, 06:50 AM
He told me that, but if you weren't kidding I am only bringing the dale!:D

sorry no dales allowed at my track!bring the zuki

TucsonCannibal
02-19-2006, 08:09 PM
you said about if there was any fuel injection problems you'd be up the creek. there will be FI problems. might just need a throttle recalibration or a simple idle adjustment or something more severe but it's gonna need something, sometime. and cannondales are not easy things to work on, too much stuff in too little space. cannondales have NO resale value, NO trade in value, and there's a 50/50 chance it will be a POS. the littlest things can be a major headache. i had a good one and it served me well but i was constantly doing maintenance, my maintenance to ride ratio was probably 2:1, and that gets old after a while...

If you have any mechanical aptitude at all you can work on a cannondale. The fuel injection will hardely ever fail, and if it does, you can reprogram it with a laptop... which is easy to use. They do have a good reslae value, are collectors items. Any bike you buy will have maintence, but if you do the normal upkeep you will have no problems. People need to stop bashing cannondales... yamahas and hondas have their own share of problems too... throwing rods, blow ups.....they all have problems. If all the major updates have been done..... Z400, stage 8... you should have no problems with this bike.

cdrookie
02-20-2006, 01:52 AM
good resale value? collecters items?:rolleyes:

witech
03-18-2006, 08:22 AM

There are different theories from different people on haveing to tear a motor apart as soon as you get it. But untill an actuall engineer or old factory tech says it needs to be done then you shou;ldn't have to.

Personaly I don't listen to the BACK YARD mechanics when it comes to proper maintance and what to do with my quads. There were over 5000 of these machines made and only a small % had problems that are thrown around on the net that makes everyone of them look bad.

Would you consider 7% a small percentage?

Pro400EXC
04-10-2006, 10:29 PM
7% of 100?

yeah

armoks
04-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC
7% of 100?

yeah

that was 7% of 5000!! yea thats a small %,so 350 quads out of 5000 IS a small %.

happyboy
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Last I checked Falicon and Hot Rods both said the existing crank bearing is junk and will lead to failure most of the time. I guess threir engineers don't know anything.

Its pretty sad when you call around the old dealerships or go out and people enthusiatically say, hey, I used to own one of those. And you ask why they don't anymore and you get back "Oh, the motor blew up.". lol

C41Xracer
04-11-2006, 03:41 PM
jack off

then why did suzuki follow suit?????

armoks
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by happyboy

Its pretty sad when you call around the old dealerships or go out and people enthusiatically say, hey, I used to own one of those. And you ask why they don't anymore and you get back "Oh, the motor blew up.". lol

Yep Thats the reason I got out of them people like you that spread the Reckem & Destroyem team they will blow up motto :rolleyes:

USAMoto00
04-11-2006, 11:49 PM
You know Happyboy, I've sat back and watched you for some time now and said very little to you. BUT, this crap that is going on about EVERY C-dale needing the crank replaced is such crap. My fiancee and myself have been racing C-dales since the '03 season and you know what? Not a single DNF or mechanical breakdown on our quads. How do you explain that? I have only seen 1 or 2 cranks out of all the quads around here that have locked up and they were abused to say the least. Now is there a concern about the bearing? I would say yes, but to scare everyone away because of a small risk that could happen to any quad out there? Please. I would say that it would be an upgrade, not a neccessity. Just food for thought, but I'm sure you will muster something up to say to help scare more potential ATK/C-dale riders away. Peace out.

QuadRacer041
04-12-2006, 04:37 AM
go talk to derno and ask him how reliable his built to the balls c dales are....:rolleyes:

rollie
04-12-2006, 03:32 PM
i dont get it, Everyone that owns a honda or a yamaha talks so much crap about these bikes, and says they always break, yet EVERY c'dale owner ive talked to has had almost no problems, and they LOVE them, so i think the C'dale haters should just stop posting false info

rubicon20032003
04-12-2006, 04:08 PM
I have 300+ hours on my unicorn motor.Never a problem.Only update mm.Never no metal shaving in oil filter .I think the problem are from quads that are beat and no regular oil changes.I run klotz motor oil

Pro400EXC
04-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by rollie
i dont get it, Everyone that owns a honda or a yamaha talks so much crap about these bikes, and says they always break, yet EVERY c'dale owner ive talked to has had almost no problems, and they LOVE them, so i think the C'dale haters should just stop posting false info

Amen...spoken from an outsider.

But I must say some of those on here posting the failure's are former Dale owners.

But...lets say there is what? 1000 members on the Daleriders,and cannondaler site combined..

were are the 4000 that are still outt here....are these dales still running strong? are they in a bone yard? whats the deal?

USAMoto00
04-12-2006, 11:56 PM
go talk to derno and ask him how reliable his built to the balls c dales are....:rolleyes:

I don't know you, but let's not change the subject. I have had NO problems with my C-dales and can give web sites to back up my 100+ races from 1 year! So what gives? Why are you trying to bash the Dales? Did you have bad luck with one or something?

QuadRacer041
04-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by USAMoto00
I don't know you, but let's not change the subject. I have had NO problems with my C-dales and can give web sites to back up my 100+ races from 1 year! So what gives? Why are you trying to bash the Dales? Did you have bad luck with one or something?

i personally never owned one but that doesnt mean i havent seen from freinds of mine who have had them, how un reliable they are. ive seen and heard of fully bullet proof ones blow up on more they one occation as well as stock and miledly built ones break down too.
of course every brand is gonna break and blow up but when it happens to a honda or yammi its rare compared to the amount of machines out there. when it happens to a dale its most of the ones out there. its they ones that dont break done that are the rare case's.

rollie
04-13-2006, 01:25 PM
A honda or a yamaha where built to ride, a C'dale was built to RACE, so most of the owners beat on them and they blow up, as does any race bike with enough races on it, I might be picking on up soon so i'll have to test the reliablity myself

i personally never owned one but that doesnt mean i havent seen from freinds of mine who have had them, how un reliable they are. ive seen and heard of fully bullet proof ones blow up on more they one occation as well as stock and miledly built ones break down too.
of course every brand is gonna break and blow up but when it happens to a honda or yammi its rare compared to the amount of machines out there. when it happens to a dale its most of the ones out there. its they ones that dont break done that are the rare case's.

USAMoto00
04-13-2006, 11:56 PM

So you've never owned one to see for yourself but will just bash anyways? Interesting. Well I must have a bunch of rare machines then because any problems that I've had were not an issue that I could have blamed the machine for. I have 5 Dales and they range from stock to a Falicon stroked Monster kit'd machine and I have had awesome reliability. But you know, different strokes for different folks. Too bad your buddies didn't have better luck with them I guess.:rolleyes:

QuadRacer041
04-14-2006, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by USAMoto00
So you've never owned one to see for yourself but will just bash anyways? Interesting. Well I must have a bunch of rare machines then because any problems that I've had were not an issue that I could have blamed the machine for. I have 5 Dales and they range from stock to a Falicon stroked Monster kit'd machine and I have had awesome reliability. But you know, different strokes for different folks. Too bad your buddies didn't have better luck with them I guess.:rolleyes:

why should i have to own one of those heep's to be able to tell you if they are reliable or not....:rolleyes: what do you think these web sites are for? so people dont have to waste there money on something that isnt good. go look on cdale riders and see how many sticky's there are for problems with those things.
i know its too bad for my buddies, i tried to warn them but they had to find out the hard way and waste a whole lot of money they sell them for next to nothing. the could have bought a honda and been fine from the begining.

QuadRacer041
04-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by rollie
A honda or a yamaha where built to ride, a C'dale was built to RACE, so most of the owners beat on them and they blow up, as does any race bike with enough races on it, I might be picking on up soon so i'll have to test the reliablity myself

lol give me a break the cannondale is very far from a RACE machine. go ask everyone of the pro's who rode them for a few months then tossed them in the garbage because they wouldnt hold together.

happyboy
04-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Its ok guys, just differences in opinion. I simply stated a fact. When a number of us were at the dealer show we stopped and talked to the crank companies about it and looked at options. They both said it was the wrong bearing.

And does it mean its going to fail? No, not necessarily. But the failure is alot more likely with that bearing.

Moto, I am glad for your success. I am very happy to hear that stock dales are out there showing that they can last. Same thing with Rubicon. :cool: Its very cool.

But I would rather see people make an educated entry into these machines rather than to come in blindly. Just my honest opinion.

Pro400EXC
04-15-2006, 09:52 PM
lol give me a break the cannondale is very far from a RACE machine. go ask everyone of the pro's who rode them for a few months then tossed them in the garbage because they wouldnt hold together.

dude....

stfu and go ride you bike..

quite coming on here bashing the dale's and shyt.

We don't care what you have to say or what you heard or read from someone about a cannondale.

Maybe we like our machines and thats the reason we do everything we can to keep em living and breathing.

I for one will never get rid of mine for the fact of it fits me well....actually holds up quite well...has tons of Honda and Yamaha smoking power and is very plush..

Go sit on your awsome honda or yamaha and the seat is like a brick..

so please shut your mouth and quit talking shyt..you just wanna start shyt for no reason..

get a life.

cdaleman440
04-17-2006, 10:33 PM
ahhhah
i second that hahahahah
every one loves the dales seats haha
that was great

USAMoto00
04-18-2006, 02:48 AM
why should i have to own one of those heep's to be able to tell you if they are reliable or not....:rolleyes: what do you think these web sites are for? so people dont have to waste there money on something that isnt good. go look on cdale riders and see how many sticky's there are for problems with those things.
i know its too bad for my buddies, i tried to warn them but they had to find out the hard way and waste a whole lot of money they sell them for next to nothing. the could have bought a honda and been fine from the begining.

lol That's what I'm talking about "buddy". From my standpoint all the other machines are a "heep" because when I finish a race and they break down it's just too bad? I'm not going to bash though, there's really no point. You have your opinion and I have mine, what works for you doesn't for me and vice-versa. I'll just keep on riding them and let that speak for itself.:macho

QuadRacer041
04-18-2006, 02:55 AM
dude....

stfu and go ride you bike..

quite coming on here bashing the dale's and shyt.

We don't care what you have to say or what you heard or read from someone about a cannondale.

Maybe we like our machines and thats the reason we do everything we can to keep em living and breathing.

I for one will never get rid of mine for the fact of it fits me well....actually holds up quite well...has tons of Honda and Yamaha smoking power and is very plush..

Go sit on your awsome honda or yamaha and the seat is like a brick..

so please shut your mouth and quit talking shyt..you just wanna start shyt for no reason..

get a life.

wah wah wah.
im not talkin sh1t, im talking the truth. thats why it bothers you guys so much.
i just dont come to the dale section and start crap. someone asked a question about a dale and i responded. dont get mad at me cause its negative in your eyes. like usamoto said i have my opinion and you have yours. now the guy who asked his question will see what i say about dales and what you say and make a decission. god help him if he favors with you guys though....:D

DOHC
04-18-2006, 07:06 PM
i love thos but i mean they cant be easy to get parts for, but i unno :confused:

armoks
04-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Blackwidow ATV has everything you can posibly need for dales

QuadRacer041
04-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Blackwidow ATV has everything you can posibly need for dales

they just want to unload the stuff, can you blame them

haydug
04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
If you guys would listen to Lou, you would see that secretly he has a fetish for dales. Kinda like your buddy that rides "fat chicks" he won't brag about it, but give him a beer, and big girls LOOK OUT! :D We know you love'em Lou!

armoks
04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
If you guys would listen to Lou, you would see that secretly he has a fetish for dales. Kinda like your buddy that rides "fat chicks" he won't brag about it, but give him a beer, and big girls LOOK OUT! :D We know you love'em Lou!

Now that thre is funny I don't care who you are:devil:

jdwxv3
04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I almost boght a dale a few years ago and I really really really wanted one. Then the owner of the shop took me to his office to show me how to map the EFI and I saw about 5 or 6 dales just sitting there with stuff just hanging everywhere. Some were blown up, and at least one was because the frame busted and all the oil ran out. I figured out right then I could not afford one. I was hoping they would stick around long enough to get the bugs worked out. I have not seen a single Dale at any of our MHSC races since Jacob last year. There has to be a reason for that, I even watched a few MX races last year and saw zero dales. The only place I have seen them ran has been at a barrel race. I am not knocking anything. I am just telling what I have obsevered. I have rarely seen a 450R broke down on the side of the trail. I have seen to many YFZ's broke down(I had one that did it all the time) But it seems like the dales dont even make it to the track anymore? Why is this? By the way my YFZ was an 04 and all my problems were electrical. I am not a brand loyal person but I have to say, I have had my 450R for a bit over a year and ran it hard and aside from a few egornomic issues (which have been solved with $2,000.00 worth of suspension) I have had zero problems with it. KNOCK ON WOOD.

Anyway, If I were the guy thinking of trading ask the guy why he is willing to trade? I really dont think I would do any trading though. Look on ebay the dales are not worth that much anymore. There are a few die hards that claim the dales are bullet proff and maybe some are but there are still people out there claiming the Quadzilla will never die as well. I just look to the track and let the numbers speak for themselves. Good luck on the decision. Just sit on it for a while.

QuadRacer041
04-19-2006, 02:59 AM

you got me.
i actually have a few screen names over at the other site. some to bad mouth dales and some to try to get info on how to fix the one in my garage cause its always breakin down...:eek2:

armoks
04-19-2006, 06:10 AM
you got me.
i actually have a few screen names over at the other site. some to bad mouth dales and some to try to get info on how to fix the one in my garage cause its always breakin down...:eek2:

I'll send loneracer and DRT over there right away you sound like you need a hug:macho

QuadRacer041
04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I'll send loneracer and DRT over there right away you sound like you need a hug:macho

roflmao

wistech
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
that was 7% of 5000!! yea thats a small %,so 350 quads out of 5000 IS a small %.

That was the rate before the bankrupcy and before the 02 models were just getting some time on them . 7% failure rate is absolutly huge and any manufacturer would have to issue a recall to deal with that. It was already to late because they were done.
Its now 3 years later and the upgrading to the z400 bearing has dwindle to almost nothing because there are very few servicable cranks anymore. The upside is since the most original cranks are toast the market for stroker cranks has boomed. Which will help what quads that have not been parted out continue to compete now that the big manufactures are starting to catch up to Cannondale.

beak7707
04-20-2006, 07:30 PM
I am in the same boat as this guy wanting to trade. I want a dale so bad i cant stand it. I have wanted a dale since I first heard about them. I say reliablitiy is there if they have been updated. I had a 450r with about 20 hours on it before the last XC season, by the end of the season it was done. The rear shock was blown and it had to have a whole new cylinder and piston and the head rebuilt. I changed the oil after every race, with honda synthetic in the crank side and just hp4 in the clutch side always with a new honda filter. I know of 2 05's that had the crank problems, and I know of an 06 that is complete junk. Yes they are great quads and so is the yfz, but we arent riding 400's anymore. The cannondale was a race quad and the new 450's are race quads and they DO NOT last like the 250r's and 400's we were used to for 20 years. Why do they say to rebuild a 450r every 20 hours if they are so bullet proof. We do the magazines say yammi and honda have great reliabiltiy except for the 450's. I have been reading about dales for a while now, and from what I gather there are 3 main problems, cranks, valve covers, and change the oil all the time. You can pick blazes and motos up with these updates for under 4000. they have beadlocks, good suspension, aluminum frames, stabilzers, good handeling, good power and with those updates good reliability. Or you can buy a stock used 450 for 4000 and dump 2k into to make it as good as the dale. If you race you will have problems I dont care if you are still on a 400ex, it will blow up like everything else. It is apparent dales have lost thier value and it is too bad, that just 3 years ago some guy spent 11,000 and now he can only get 3-4k. but I am going to take full advantage of his loss and see what they are all about.

Toadz400
04-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
I am in the same boat as this guy wanting to trade. I want a dale so bad i cant stand it. I have wanted a dale since I first heard about them. I say reliablitiy is there if they have been updated. I had a 450r with about 20 hours on it before the last XC season, by the end of the season it was done. The rear shock was blown and it had to have a whole new cylinder and piston and the head rebuilt. I changed the oil after every race, with honda synthetic in the crank side and just hp4 in the clutch side always with a new honda filter. I know of 2 05's that had the crank problems, and I know of an 06 that is complete junk. Yes they are great quads and so is the yfz, but we arent riding 400's anymore. The cannondale was a race quad and the new 450's are race quads and they DO NOT last like the 250r's and 400's we were used to for 20 years. Why do they say to rebuild a 450r every 20 hours if they are so bullet proof. We do the magazines say yammi and honda have great reliabiltiy except for the 450's. I have been reading about dales for a while now, and from what I gather there are 3 main problems, cranks, valve covers, and change the oil all the time. You can pick blazes and motos up with these updates for under 4000. they have beadlocks, good suspension, aluminum frames, stabilzers, good handeling, good power and with those updates good reliability. Or you can buy a stock used 450 for 4000 and dump 2k into to make it as good as the dale. If you race you will have problems I dont care if you are still on a 400ex, it will blow up like everything else. It is apparent dales have lost thier value and it is too bad, that just 3 years ago some guy spent 11,000 and now he can only get 3-4k. but I am going to take full advantage of his loss and see what they are all about.

I agree with you 100%. We are dealing with race quads here and they are not meant to be reliable as the quads we were used to. They're giving us what we want - more power and better handling, but it comes at a price. The Cannondales were awesome and they had the same problems as our quads now, but people don't seem to see that.

cdaleman440
04-20-2006, 09:28 PM
well im glad someone understands my thoughts about the dales and yes ive put a crank in my dale and yes ive dumped 3 grand into it but hell i paided 3000 for it and i can ride the new 450s all day but its not the dale its just crazy how much advance the whole bike is like yamaha just put efi on the raptor and the whole frame thing like if cannondale was still around i think they would be more than one dale sittin on the starting line at a race ya know?

jdwxv3
04-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Good luck with the dales, I will never have one. Look at the tracks there is a reason no dales are raced anymore. THere may be a select few but thats it. I wanted one but I am glad I did not get one. As far as reliablity of the 450's go. Me and 2 bros and about 6 buddies have them and had no probems at all. As far as the rings go, that is simple compared to tearing a dale down and redoing the crank. And I have not seen any 05's with crank problems on the 450r's but I did hear of it on the 04's and the other thing I dont like about the honda is if you hit the gas as you kick start you can bust the center cases. Anyway, I got lots of yard work to do so I better get off of here:ermm:

beak7707
04-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Like I said buy a dale that has been updated. You can buy them with rebuilt z400 bearing cranks, for under 4k. For that 4k you have a good motor now, aluminum frame, aftermarket suspension, stabilizer, beadlocks, skids, kill switch, decent tires, ect... For 4k you can get a stock 04 450r put another 2 in it and be almost to the dales level. Everything needs rings, pistons, valves, once the crank is updated it is good.

Toadz400
04-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Good luck with the dales, I will never have one. Look at the tracks there is a reason no dales are raced anymore. THere may be a select few but thats it. I wanted one but I am glad I did not get one. As far as reliablity of the 450's go. Me and 2 bros and about 6 buddies have them and had no probems at all. As far as the rings go, that is simple compared to tearing a dale down and redoing the crank. And I have not seen any 05's with crank problems on the 450r's but I did hear of it on the 04's

Once again you haven't dealt with a Cannondale yet you are bad mouthing it.

The 450R's also had a problem for the '05's, Honda switched to a much cheaper bearing which led to early failure.

jdwxv3
04-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Once again you haven't dealt with a Cannondale yet you are bad mouthing it.

The 450R's also had a problem for the '05's, Honda switched to a much cheaper bearing which led to early failure.

I let the poduims across the globe speak.

happyboy
04-22-2006, 08:23 PM
I let the poduims across the globe speak.

Wait a second. This comment proves nothing at all. Its about sheer numbers. 100 Jap quads for every 1 Cannondale. And I bet the ration is even higher than that. Most people don't know anything about quad and will buy because of name only. Now look at the upper level racers. They get sponserships from shops for riding their bikes/quads. Again, that takes the Cannondales out of the picture.

They are great quads, just have had problems. Its ok to be brand loyal, everyone does it. I love my dales, and I would have something else if the $$ was there. But for the money you can't touch a dale. I can build a 6K race quad that is as good if not better than any 10K Jap race quad you can build.

jdwxv3
04-22-2006, 08:56 PM
There is still a reason you dont see them at races anymore. There time has came and gone. I had high hopes to, and trust me I am not brand loyal. Besides, most people that I know that had dales changed the suspension all the way around anyway. So they still had just as much cash invested.

I looked at the GNCC race results from Loretta Lynn's on Saturday April 22 2006.

Morning Racers 324 and zero cannondales( 99% ametures)

Afternoon Racers 269 and One Cannondale took 253rd and completed one lap of a 3 lap race in the Open B class.

So it is actually 1 Cannondale vs. 592 Jap Quads

There was even one Gas Gas, and one Cat?

Those numbers shocked me. I figured there would be a couple more but there wasn't. Hopefully the Cannondales/ATK's will come around and become a brand represented in numbers but for now it looks like less than 1% of National XC racers put there faith in them :ermm: Later, Josh

happyboy
04-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Cannondales are a great rarity. But hey, Gas Gas is an existing company and there was only 1 of them out there? I wouldn't expect to see many dales at races anymore. They are around, but scattered. There is 1 that runs the Arkansas Harescramble series. Placed 4th last race. :)

It will be running in the Missouri GNCC in 2 weeks. :) I was trying to go the the Lorreta Lynns race today but I didn't have time with my dune trip next week.

Just because they are rare doesn't mean they aren't good. They will never make a come back. Sad, but true. ATK had a chance to make a good name, but failed. Was worth a shot, too bad.

jdwxv3
04-23-2006, 01:10 AM
Cool I will be at the MO gncc. I am choosing to take my beating in the Junior 25+ class in the afternoon....seriously, I went riding today and this race will not be pretty for me, first race of the year and I am out of shape. Anyway come up and say hello. I will have an Orange 450R with the number 30 or 39 on it. I have a yellow mohawk on my helmet. Hope to see you there!

And I agree, it is to bad about ATK. You dont even understand how bad I wanted a Cannondale/ATk. Sooo soo bad, but I just could not bring myself to buying one b/c I just dont like doing the amount of maintenance one of those puppies require. Anyway, I better get to bed. Let me know what class you will be racing at the GNCC and maybe I can come up and say hello. Later, Josh

TOfunk2drunk
04-23-2006, 09:56 PM
wowwwww!

if you kidz have ridden a dale you would understand. A 2002 dale will blow away a 2005 yfz 50 etc etc like nothing.

my bestfriend has 2002 cannibal, no problems what soever. We all ride it and beat the **** outta it. Since hes had it he still runs reg coolant in it and still hasnt changed the oil the 2 yrs hes owned it. OH ya he has a moto map n hmf on it too

I ridden many quads and a cannondale is the harley davidson of atvs. PERIOD

QuadRacer041
04-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by TOfunk2drunk
wowwwww!

if you kidz have ridden a dale you would understand. A 2002 dale will blow away a 2005 yfz 50 etc etc like nothing.

my bestfriend has 2002 cannibal, no problems what soever. We all ride it and beat the **** outta it. Since hes had it he still runs reg coolant in it and still hasnt changed the oil the 2 yrs hes owned it. OH ya he has a moto map n hmf on it too

I ridden many quads and a cannondale is the harley davidson of atvs. PERIOD

another person just proving my piont.
harleys are alway found on the side of the road too. always broken down....what a shame....:rolleyes:

CannondaleRider
04-24-2006, 11:07 AM
harleys are alway found on the side of the road too. always broken down....what a shame....:rolleyes:

What the f*ck are you rambling about.....I see Fords on the side of the road, Chevys on the side of the road, Dodge, Nissan, VW, Toyota....EVERYTHING is on the side of the road at one point or another.

What you said has absolutely no point.

beak7707
04-24-2006, 11:31 AM
I agree with that 100%, anything and everything will break at some point and time. I know people who have bought brand new chevys, fords, dodges, and they go to the shop for work all the time. Yes after a couple trips they get the bugs worked out and they are good for 200,000 miles. If cannondale had the money and could have afforded to fix the little problems they had they would have made it no problem and produced amazing quads. How hard would it have been for them to start making aluminum valve covers, and buy a little bit more expensive bearing. They could have done it easily but they were out of money and people quit buying them due to these issues. Now people have started making parts to solve the problem and they last with these improvements. Name a quad that doesnt have its own problems. When the Z came out the frames were junk, but zuki had the money and time to correct the problem. The yfz had junk electrical, the 450r did have crank problems in 05. Even honda tried to save $$ with cheaper crank bearings so how can you blame cdale for trying the same thing. Only difference honda has the support from us, and the money to correct the problems.

CannondaleRider
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
I agree with that 100%, anything and everything will break at some point and time. I know people who have bought brand new chevys, fords, dodges, and they go to the shop for work all the time. Yes after a couple trips they get the bugs worked out and they are good for 200,000 miles. If cannondale had the money and could have afforded to fix the little problems they had they would have made it no problem and produced amazing quads. How hard would it have been for them to start making aluminum valve covers, and buy a little bit more expensive bearing. They could have done it easily but they were out of money and people quit buying them due to these issues. Now people have started making parts to solve the problem and they last with these improvements. Name a quad that doesnt have its own problems. When the Z came out the frames were junk, but zuki had the money and time to correct the problem. The yfz had junk electrical, the 450r did have crank problems in 05. Even honda tried to save $$ with cheaper crank bearings so how can you blame cdale for trying the same thing. Only difference honda has the support from us, and the money to correct the problems.

EXACTLY....EXACTLY!!!!

If Cannondale had the riders support, and more importantly, the finacial backing from Pegasus that they needed...they would still be around, and Pros would still be riding them.

armoks
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
EXACTLY....EXACTLY!!!!

If Cannondale had the riders support, and more importantly, the finacial backing from Pegasus that they needed...they would still be around, and Pros would still be riding them.

And if ATK would have had the riders support and not having a group of backyard mechanics bad mouth them on the Internet they might be able to have found more investors to back them.

CannondaleRider
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
And if ATK would have had the riders support and not having a group of backyard mechanics bad mouth them on the Internet they might be able to have found more investors to back them.

Ask Brad or Henry how Frank deals with his finances.

If I was an investor...and knew about how ATK does things...I wouldn't want to help them

QuadRacer041
04-24-2006, 05:00 PM

WHAT?????:rolleyes:
they made cannondales for how many years?they had plantey of time to fix the problems. and for the money they were charging they should have had plenty of that too. of course evrything breaks down. but its just a fact that some things (cannondales in this case) break down WAY WAY WAY WAY more then others. its just a fact, face it.

TOfunk2drunk
04-24-2006, 06:36 PM

quadracer.so wen im ridin by on my harley n ur broke down on your suzuki imitation harley, ill be like "HAha you Effin DOPE buy a real bike"
i beat the **** outta my bike! how many harley you see bang 2nd gear wheelies?? or do 75 foot holeshots?? oh ya the only thing i break are belts...my 2nd belt i only got 2 donuts and 3 holeshots outta it..CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! bULL****! in 02 they went to skinny belts with a combination of carbon fiber, some were defective. now my third has lasted over 5k miles and two rear tires. hmmm everything involves money$$$$ HARLEY backed their 2% defective belts alll the wat including labor. so thats a "stupid problem" yea cannondale didnt have the funds to recall all the "stupid problems" and many of you forget that this dales took 14 months to be designed and made and everyone knew about the quad. now if that was as honda or suzuki it would be top secret project and the public woulndt have a clue how long it took to design and make.....:macho

armoks
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by wistech
7% failure rate is absolutly huge and any manufacturer would have to issue a recall to deal with that. It was already to late because they were done.

HMMM I f you can remember thats one of the reasons that killed cdale as a company. they would warrenty and replace tons of stuff includinjg FULL motors even after the warrenty was up!

One thing is that cdale tried to push a design out too fast and then tried to be the nice guy and try to fix it all for everyone.

Lou just remember ATV racing was a slow moving process and no manufature wanted to build a FAST ATV because of the lawsuits back in the 80's. Cannondale steped up and made a quad that totally smoked what the BIG THREE had going out there and they had to step up.

So you can actually say C-dale was the rebirth of ATV racing and since they were the FIRST company to make a manufatured quad since the lawsuits of the 80's.

And NO manufature has yet to step up to the backing that C-dale gave it's customers back before the bankrupcy.

Pro400EXC
04-24-2006, 07:27 PM
after reading all the good outta this Thread makes me feel good that I own a dale..

Everytime I go riding...

all my buddies have YFZ's,TRX.s...built YFZ's...etc..

they all say..That Dale maybe be a POS...but damn its is FAST

And what they mean by POS..its not around anymore..

Oh BTW..

Top Fuel racers need a rebuild after ever race...wtf...such a POS...

all the people badmouthing dales...

You say the dale was soo pricey? WTF do you expect....it came w/ FI..aluminum frame,douglas rims,holeshots,ohlins,tag bars..

how many quads come w/ that...yah the zuk has FI......yah the Raptor has about 1/4 of an aluminum frame..

**** You douche bags

jacobw
04-24-2006, 07:35 PM
you can also buy those highly prized 250r's for about the same price as a dale. Seems the highly sought out bike is not sought after just a memory in the books like cannondale so I dont see what the deal is except cannondale made something revolutionary and still not outdone by the big 3 the 250r on the other hand is not the fast beast it once was 4 strokes are faster and easier to ride.

TOfunk2drunk
04-24-2006, 07:40 PM
that would be awesome if dale got their **** together and started another motorsports division.

jdwxv3
04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
I dont think anyone said they were not fast as hell, they just are not reliable. Most people dont want to work on them....including me. I race my 450R in XC and I have had no problems. I ride it hard and it holds together. And as far as the aluminum frame on the dale, I have seen at least two motors blow b/c the frame broke and let all the oil run out. Anyway got to get to bed. And to whoever called me a douche bag grow up a bit. I have not bashed any one I am just stating my opinion and a couple facts. Well my pillow is calling my name so I better not keep it waiting:) Later, Josh

Pro400EXC
04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Jd.....

i was never refering to you....

Also.....I am sure alot more honda..yamaha...suzuki frames have broke compared to cannondale's

witech
04-25-2006, 12:45 AM
I dont think anyone said they were not fast as hell, they just are not reliable. Most people dont want to work on them....including me. I race my 450R in XC and I have had no problems. I ride it hard and it holds together. And as far as the aluminum frame on the dale, I have seen at least two motors blow b/c the frame broke and let all the oil run out. Anyway got to get to bed. And to whoever called me a douche bag grow up a bit. I have not bashed any one I am just stating my opinion and a couple facts. Well my pillow is calling my name so I better not keep it waiting:) Later, Josh

The mainframes broke? Please post up some kind of proof of that. Are you sure you are not mistaking oil loss from the frame return line damage from an exhaust laying on it. That I have seen that on the early headpipes . The only mainframe failures I have found reported were from severe crashes. The engine cradles have been known to get cracks in them but Ive never heard of them ever completely failing. The early fx400 swingarms were not strong enough for mx use either but the later ones were ultra strong.

And Cannondales came with ITP wheels not douglas.

I will agree that the bone stock factory machines had many unresolved issues and added to the clueless owners who thought they were getting quad that could survive with little maintence (pre 450's )or updates led to the reputation they have now. And as we know know most issues have been dealt with ,realiabilty is no longer an issue but the original quad stigma will follow these machines forever. And so will the Dale bashers.

I do take pride in knowing that we have a dedicated group of owners who did what needed to be done to make these machines all they could be. After focusing on reliabilty we have now switched to making more power and I am happy to say that the new race engines have proven to be able to podium consistantly. I was even privelaged to see 2 of my engines going head to head and take a 2nd and 3rd place in a dash for cash . This was the first day both riders had even mounted the quads.
Last seasons ice racing proved the new stroker engines virtually unbeatable at holeshots. One of the guys we borrowed the 468 out to while his 520r was down never lost a single race .
Cdalechick is also having one heck of a mx race season .
Didnt Cannondale27 win the quadolypics last year?
Didnt Timbomoose dominate the PA drags races last year?
There may not be many Dales racing but there still out there and now more competative than ever.

jdwxv3
04-25-2006, 04:47 AM
I cant get any pics of the frame brakeage(sp) I saw it at a shop in Stover, Mo a couple years ago. The frame broke on the right side about right where a persons shin would go if I rember right.

And trust me guys if Cannondale or ATK re-entered the market and had a strong year I would deff buy one. I have seen them in action in short track races and they pretty much mop up the comp. I have just not personally seen them do well in endurance races such as XC. Anywho, time to go to work and pay some bills. Later, Josh

wistech
04-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Well so far this has been a great year for us but our engines are putting out over 50hp with very little mods. Atk never jumped on the horsepower bandwagon so dont expect them to compete with the 06 jap quads unless modded . By the way I own the last Cannondale Moto ever to finish the 12 hours of America (33rd place) and would love to get it back for another go around.

jdwxv3
04-25-2006, 02:54 PM
I belive it was Jeff Robins, a member here that had the Dale frame break on him. I think he is a member on this site but I dont know his screen name.

And Jacob are you going to race anymore XC or did you give up on it. You do know that the GNCC is coming to Missouri on May the 6th right?! You should come even if you just watch. I will be in the Junior 25+ class b/c I dont want to race A, shoot the Juinior class is almost as fast as A but not as many people. Anyway got to go. Later, Josh

haydug
04-25-2006, 03:14 PM
By the way I own the last Cannondale Moto ever to finish the 12 hours of America (33rd place) and would love to get it back for another go around.

I was on a cannondale for the first 12 hour race, but finished around 5-6th in the pro-class. Is that the bike?

wistech
04-25-2006, 04:42 PM
It may just be . It was sponsored by 4play racing . I dont remember the number 310? or 82? . Guy Sutton owned the quad. Elkapower was pit crew. Guy sold all 4 of his dales (2 to me) and switched to a yfz when they came out for a while . Now I hear he gave that up and is campaining a Dale again. Sounds like its in need of some powerups though.

QuadRacer041
04-25-2006, 05:37 PM
everybody has some sort of BS excuse why the dales always break down,lol...give me a break.
cannondale went out of bussiness because they made a terrible product that couldnt hold itself together if it's life depended on it.

CannondaleRider
04-25-2006, 06:22 PM
everybody has some sort of BS excuse why the dales always break down,lol...give me a break.
cannondale went out of bussiness because they made a terrible product that couldnt hold itself together if it's life depended on it.

You are just so entertained by pissing people off arn't you.....thats ALL your accomplishing.

We are accomplishing nothing by arguing with your hard headed a$s about it.

Give up guys, he's trying to agrivate you.

jacobw
04-25-2006, 08:08 PM
I belive it was Jeff Robins, a member here that had the Dale frame break on him. I think he is a member on this site but I dont know his screen name.

And Jacob are you going to race anymore XC or did you give up on it. You do know that the GNCC is coming to Missouri on May the 6th right?! You should come even if you just watch. I will be in the Junior 25+ class b/c I dont want to race A, shoot the Juinior class is almost as fast as A but not as many people. Anyway got to go. Later, Josh

No not racing any xc this year loved it alot but got tinto motorcross and love it too and the track it less than half hour away I will be back for the 07 season. And my dale did very well in xc races got a 3rd 5th and 7th I was always in the top ten what more can you expect and jeff stoess had some very good races on his atk. I will buy another bike this fall another cannondale and make another woods racer and race the mhsc again next year. I will be at the missouri gncc as a atk mechanic Jeff Stoesses old ATK racer my brother will be piloting it. So I will be there:D

Pro400EXC
04-25-2006, 08:54 PM

LMAO..

i just noticed were he lives....NJ...that explains it all...

9 outta 10 ppl from Jersey arn't right in the head...go figure....

Seriously dude....your about the biggest dickhead anyone can be....you seriously have a problem and you should ease off people just because they feel there quads are great..

do you think your goin to change our minds? I mean c'mon...your beating a dead horse and just making yourself look silly..

I mean you don't see us bashing your bike or talking all this nonsense bull**** that keeps spewing from your mind onto the keyboard...

QuadRacer041
04-26-2006, 04:17 AM
LMAO..

i just noticed were he lives....NJ...that explains it all...

9 outta 10 ppl from Jersey arn't right in the head...go figure....

Seriously dude....your about the biggest dickhead anyone can be....you seriously have a problem and you should ease off people just because they feel there quads are great..

do you think your goin to change our minds? I mean c'mon...your beating a dead horse and just making yourself look silly..

I mean you don't see us bashing your bike or talking all this nonsense bull**** that keeps spewing from your mind onto the keyboard...

maybe if you read the first post here you'd see that the guy wanted to know if it would be a fair TRADE, he doesnt have a dale yet.....d1ckhead

so i know all you cannondale owners are a lost cause, actually i think its just a matter or pride and being stubbern. you dont want to look like fools getting rid of your quads since ytou put so much time and money into them. not to mention all the bragging you do about how good they are. im just trying to talk some poor guy out of what is IMO the wrong thing to do.

you guys talk just as much crap as i do, you talk crap about how honda's and all the other brands have problems and im not crying. you have your opinions and i have mine. these web sites are to help people out just because i have a negative opinion about a certain quad doesnt mean im bashing.

yea know you guy report me all the time on this site as well as others but im not the one calling people d1ckhead or stupid idiot or retard. you little babies start all that stuff. i just respond to your name calling in turn.

QuadRacer041
04-26-2006, 04:23 AM
Well so far this has been a great year for us but our engines are putting out over 50hp with very little mods. Atk never jumped on the horsepower bandwagon so dont expect them to compete with the 06 jap quads unless modded . By the way I own the last Cannondale Moto ever to finish the 12 hours of America (33rd place) and would love to get it back for another go around.

ask doug about the 2 6 hour race's they enter and one 12 they entered and how far they got on those bikes.
i mean i could swear that those bike had some work done to them. if they didnt at least have all the UPDATES which are no problem and all the cannondale needs to be a long lasting quad who ever put them together wasnt very smart. how come they didnt make if very far in any of those 3 races?
o maybe the radiator cap feel off, yea i think thats what it was...
:rolleyes:

NorCalRacer
04-26-2006, 09:47 AM
maybe if you read the first post here you'd see that the guy wanted to know if it would be a fair TRADE, he doesnt have a dale yet.....d1ckhead

so i know all you cannondale owners are a lost cause, actually i think its just a matter or pride and being stubbern. you dont want to look like fools getting rid of your quads since ytou put so much time and money into them. not to mention all the bragging you do about how good they are. im just trying to talk some poor guy out of what is IMO the wrong thing to do.

you guys talk just as much crap as i do, you talk crap about how honda's and all the other brands have problems and im not crying. you have your opinions and i have mine. these web sites are to help people out just because i have a negative opinion about a certain quad doesnt mean im bashing.

yea know you guy report me all the time on this site as well as others but im not the one calling people d1ckhead or stupid idiot or retard. you little babies start all that stuff. i just respond to your name calling in turn.

Man, people are calling you an idiot beacause you sound like one.
You might know how to turn a wrench but anyone with any mechanical sense at all would not be ignorant enough to badmouth a product without being specific. Since you hate C-dales so much, what is wrong with them? Why don't you engineer better fixes? Or just trying to badmouth?
Fact of the matter is every manufacturer has problems. I don't think c-dales had as many as people think, they just get really bad pr. Most of the bad PR seems to come from a small group of people. But if owners of a vehicle are biased towards the vehicle that is a good thing. If a bunch of people who own a vehicle warn me away from it, then I would worry.
If you have a real beef with the C-Dale let's hear it, otherwise ... :rolleyes:
I've seen what the owner's of these machines think and that speaks for itself:muscle: :p :D

PeeWee21
04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
As many moderators as Harlen has......this thing has gone on for 7 pages and obviously they could care less. Hey mods.....DO YOUR DAMM JOBS!!! It can't be that hard....point click, edit, delete, ban, close.....we know your not that busy!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

QuadRacer041
04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
Man, people are calling you an idiot beacause you sound like one.
You might know how to turn a wrench but anyone with any mechanical sense at all would not be ignorant enough to badmouth a product without being specific. Since you hate C-dales so much, what is wrong with them? Why don't you engineer better fixes? Or just trying to badmouth?
Fact of the matter is every manufacturer has problems. I don't think c-dales had as many as people think, they just get really bad pr. Most of the bad PR seems to come from a small group of people. But if owners of a vehicle are biased towards the vehicle that is a good thing. If a bunch of people who own a vehicle warn me away from it, then I would worry.
If you have a real beef with the C-Dale let's hear it, otherwise ... :rolleyes:
I've seen what the owner's of these machines think and that speaks for itself:muscle: :p :D

do a search on my screen name, youll find all you want to know specific problems. i could care less about fixing the problems with cannondales.
go look on the dale site and look at how many stickys there are with all the known dale problems....:rolleyes:
think about it, why would someone who owned a certain quad warn you not to by it.....:rolleyes:
if it isnt good they get rid of it.

QuadRacer041
04-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by PeeWee21
As many moderators as Harlen has......this thing has gone on for 7 pages and obviously they could care less. Hey mods.....DO YOUR DAMM JOBS!!! It can't be that hard....point click, edit, delete, ban, close.....we know your not that busy!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

i agree 100%.....people have given opinions both ways. i think this guy have enough info to make a decision and if he doesnt he can just do a search.
lock'er down........