PDA

View Full Version : I would like to thank Rockymountainatv for their mistakes. (please read)

400exstud
02-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Although this happened last spring I just realized that I haven't commented on my last experience with rockymountainatv.

Last spring I scraped up my money and called up rockymountainatv to order up some holeshot HD fronts on baja rims, and some other various things. When I got the tires and rims I noticed that one of them was flat so I figured that they must have forgot to put air in it. No harm done, right?

When I filled it up I could tell that air was leaking but I couldn't find out for where. Then I thought of filling it up and submerging it my shower:devil: . After doing this I saw that one whole side of the tire was not sealed correctly. I then recorded a digital video showing the air pouring out of the bead and sent it to rockymountainatv to see what my options were.

The next day they e-mailed back saying that they will switch it out at no cost at all.

So I sent that one back and waited for my new one. I almost died when I red "23 X 7 - 10" instead of "22 X 7 - 10." Well I got back on the internet and told them the sad news and again they took that one back at no cost.

Obviously, I examined the third one every closely. All seemed well until I gave it a spin when it was bolted up. For the third time, my heart sank. There was at least a 1/2" wobble. Not only this, but if I would bolt it up a certain way the inner ring would hit the caliper. Because I would a bit frustrated I decided to ride it and see if it would wear out. I didn't:scary: .

For the third time I told them the news and even said that I had rode on it. They took it back, no questions asked.

When they got it back THEY called me and told me that the rim and tire were defective. They were going to give me a fourth to try out. Because I was a bit pissed I asked them if they could **** it 3-day UPS and they agreed. (That is like $50 for one way!!!)

It ended up that the fourth one worked great and I havn't had a problem to speak of. I would just like to tell everyone that rockymountainatv has great service. Their mistakes helped me to see that they really care about taking care of their customers.

By the way I am in no way affiliated with them or sponsered by them so take it for what it is.

Thanks

Pappy
02-13-2006, 07:15 PM
wow, i ordered mine from C & D and never had to send it back 3 times:D

maybe the large retailer should stop selling 2nds:scary:

ShiftFMX
02-13-2006, 07:17 PM
THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IT RIGT THE FIRST TIME!

Haha, jk, I would deffinatly consider them for further purchases

4oorider
02-13-2006, 07:21 PM
i have always ordered my parts from rocky mountain. they have great service. i may not have experienced what you did, but people always asked why not go with motosport theyre fast on shipping, i could really careless about shipping as long as the product is nice and good quality and either way im still gonna get my parts. so its all good

BlasterEaten250
02-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 4oorider
i have always ordered my parts from rocky mountain. they have great service. i may not have experienced what you did, but people always asked why not go with motosport theyre fast on shipping, i could really careless about shipping as long as the product is nice and good quality and either way im still gonna get my parts. so its all good motosport never has the tires we want in stock:scary:

400exstud
02-13-2006, 07:35 PM
I was lucky that I ordered them so early into spring that it was before I even needed real (not ice) tires anyway.

I am just surprised that they spent about $100 on shipping fees alone to help me out, not to mention replacing the tires and rims. Its nice to see a complany that has good customer service these days.

Martin Blair
02-13-2006, 07:49 PM
I would like two thank them. Ive order many things from them with zero problems. And they do care about thier customers.

Dr89
02-13-2006, 08:16 PM
never had any sort of problem with them, most of the time i even get my parts before i expect them. great service, and i like talking to a person when i call in instead of a freaking machine.

Ralph
02-13-2006, 08:16 PM
0 problems here on my end, but the same goes with c&d racing but i like them more because you speak with the same people evertime.

440ex dragger
02-13-2006, 08:23 PM
My friend had ordered a set of wheels for a shee and they shipped the wheels and a skidplate for a raptor also. He called them and they said to keep it cause they had them overstocked. Pretty cool if you ask me.

troutman561
02-13-2006, 09:31 PM
0 problems from rocky mountain for me.. iv ordered most of my stuff for my quad from them fast shipping and good products...

prepracing
02-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
wow, i ordered mine from C & D and never had to send it back 3 times:D

maybe the large retailer should stop selling 2nds:scary:

yeah but if they stopped selling 2nds then their prices would go up and be no cheaper than any where else :devil:

CannondaleRider
02-13-2006, 11:04 PM
I would have made an attempt at reseating the bead first, then went from there.

I've also had no problems with RMATV....they also are a very big sponsor of WORCS, which translates to good things for all us west coast racers.:D

02-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Im lucky, rocky mountain is about an 1 and a half from me.

dirtmomma
02-14-2006, 07:09 AM
yes I've also had GREAT service w/ RMATV :) I ordered up a set of sand tires on wheels & BAM they were here in like 2 days I was surprised!! They ship them tires/parts faster than ANYONE I've seen, every Christmas I LOVE thier specials for the stocking stuffers I usually buy the limit haha
GReat deals & SAved me time/$$

I did buy lil man's mini tires/wheels thru someone else they were shipped really fast also so thats 2 good shippers I would definetly buy from again :)

jwick07
02-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Out here there are very few places to buy aftermarket parts and RockyMt. has been very good to me over the years. I like buying riding gear from them or any casual wear, free shipping on orders over $100. Its not hard to spend $100 on gear, then order some tires or what ever and get the free shipping.

JLanphear
02-14-2006, 09:34 AM
I've ordered from them and have no big complaints, however this X-mas my girlfriend (she insists I call her my fiance, but that just sounds weird) and my Mother accidentally duplicated one of my presents.

They found out the same day they placed the order and called RM to cancel. They said that the order was already boxed up and could not be canceled...It would need to be returned (which would mean that they would lose the $16 they paid for shipping, plus however much it cost to return). Now yes this was OUR mistake, not THEIRS, however since the order had not actually shipped it would have been nice for them to cancel it.

But that's the price you pay when you are dealing with the larger company's. If it were a smaller shop, there is no doubt that even the person you were speaking with on the phone could probably walk 15 feet and take the stuff back out of the box, put it on the shelf, and cancel the order. Often times you sacrifice that convenience for better prices.

I will buy from Rocky Mountain again if they have the best price on something I'm looking for, as I said, it wasn't their fault that two orders were placed, but it just would have been nice if they could have done something.

Anyway....glad they took care of you.

Honda#4
02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
i odered all my stuff from rocky mountain and i never had one problem i wish i could live there.see when i ordered my tires from them i went on there site and i printed out the stuff that i wanted then i just called them up and told them my address and the part numbers and that was it.i think when it comes to ordering stuff by calling them they sometimes get confused about the stuff u give them. thats why i bought everything but my tires online. i order online because its fast and alot easier to do for me anyway.