PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Pipe, which one?

sd11sd
07-15-2002, 02:48 PM
Ok here's the deal! I just bought a 2002 400EX. It is bone stock except for the yellow Shockwares I put on. I am doing some research to find out which pipe I should buy. I know that back in March of last year, "Dirt Wheels" magazine said that the White Bros. Slip-on was the best "slip-on" pipe to buy. It had the most HP gain and was somewhat quite.

What I want to know is there a significant increase between the slip-on's and the full system head pipe/silencer combo. I am looking at all the pipe manufacturers, and I can't find any real comparisons in the "full system" catagory.

I am not sure that I want to spend the extra money for a full system if it is not going to gain me much over the slip on silencer.

I should also mention that I do NOT want to do any engine mods at this time. No cams, rockers, big bore kits... That may come down the road, but not anytime soon.

I do mostly trail riding, but we make about three trips to Little Sahara Sand Dunes in Oklahoma each year.

Thanks for your help.... Here's a picture of my quad.

07-15-2002, 02:52 PM
Go with any good quality silencer you like, and the header wont give you any increase with a stock motor. I would recomend doing a search on pipes and get all the info on the various set ups.

Nice quad they look so shinny when there new.