PDA

View Full Version : rear end

416expowerman
02-13-2006, 05:36 PM
my 400 ex has a yfz450 rear end on it. this was done by the previous owner. he said that the stock single bearing rear end was terrible so he changed it to a yfz 450 rear so he could have a double bearing feature. is this bad for my quad??? or is this a really good thing?? the only thing i notice is that it is harder to wheelie because the swing arm is longer.

underpowered
02-13-2006, 06:16 PM
What? we need to se some pictures of this. never even heard of it.

Rip_Tear
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't see how it could hurt, if it was done properly. You can use a stock 400ex rear end and get an aftermarket carrier with the double row bearings.

prepracing
02-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 416expowerman
my 400 ex has a yfz450 rear end on it. this was done by the previous owner. he said that the stock single bearing rear end was terrible so he changed it to a yfz 450 rear so he could have a double bearing feature. is this bad for my quad??? or is this a really good thing?? the only thing i notice is that it is harder to wheelie because the swing arm is longer.

So do you mean u have an entire YFZ swingarm/bearing carrier on your 400ex ? If so the previous owner must be a complete IDIOT.....you can get a double row bearing carrier for any quad's swingarm(like $200 for a 400ex dual bearing carrier with the bearings allready in it). What year YFZ did this come off of, cause if its 04' or older I feel sorry for with that junk yamaha chain adjustment design :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

416expowerman
02-14-2006, 08:24 AM
no i think its from a 03 yfz. i cant figure out how to adjust the chain or anything. it kinda sucks because anything i that goes wrong i have to buy it for a yfz.

whoamack22
02-14-2006, 11:24 AM
they didnt make a yfz in 03

underpowered
02-14-2006, 11:44 AM
are you sure it is a YFZ rear end? like prepracing said, yuio can get a daul row carrier for like 150-200 bucks. there would be quite a bit of madification to get a YFZ rear end to workm plus your suspension leverage ratios would be all screwed up as would you valving in your shock. we nned to see some pics of this set up if you have some or can get any. i would like to see exactly what is done and how.

416expowerman
02-14-2006, 02:11 PM
like i said i dont really know i know that it is a aftermarket swingarm and suspension. the suspension dosent really seem screwed up. it fits nice and it looks like it came that way.

underpowered
02-14-2006, 02:15 PM
i would say it is just and aftermarket set up, not a yfz set up.

orangeEX
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
V E R Y I M P R O B A B L E.........

the guy who sold it to you is
Probly some kid that didn't know that,
despite yamaha did well by using the same design.
Honda has been using it for years...
its more than likely a stock swinger and housing..

bet you money....lol

loosen the allen screws
and roll the collar on the left(with a prybar) toward you to tighten the chain and then tighten the screws back