PDA

View Full Version : Tripple rate or dual rate for 400EX???

DareDevilQracer
07-15-2002, 02:29 PM
I have been bottoming my front shocks out on a large step up jump. I am considering works tpl rate w/o rezzys and works dual rate w/o rezzys. What are the differences in these shocks? Do the tripple rates offer more wheel travel and are they stiffer than the dual rates? The dual rates are much cheaper and if the only diffeence is ajustment then thats no big deal, I plan on keeping them super stiff the whole time. Thanks

Teufel
07-15-2002, 02:44 PM
Basically the trip rates have a third and softer spring they do add a little wider range of comfort to the ride(mostly in the slower stuff) The problem is the softer spring takes a beating in the rough and is prone to breaking. Also I HIGHLY recommend that you get the resivors. They make a huge difference when you work your susphension hard. THe oil stays cooler which means it doesn't break down as quick and doesn't need serviced as often.

DareDevilQracer
07-15-2002, 04:06 PM
Theres no way I have enough for resivours. I dont give 3 hrs of non-stop beating. I usually go out every weekend with my budies and hit a few jumps for 20 minutes and then sit around and talk 10 minutes. I dont race and I just neek to keep from bottoming out on the big jumps. So what you said at first is that the soft spring on the tripple rates are actually more prone to breaking? So the tripple rates might need service after hard riding?

DareDevilQracer
07-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Nevermind, I emailed Worksperformance and they said the only dual rates they make are for flat track and ice. So I guess that leaves the tripple rates.

400exBro
07-15-2002, 04:25 PM
triple rates are well worth it.,,,,,, it will handle a lot better too with the 3 rd spring....
Bro

07-15-2002, 04:32 PM
I have Works Tripple Rates with rezzies and they work awesome!!! When i would hit my 60 footer on my stockers i bottomed out alot and i stopped hittin that cause it wasnt worth fuc|<ing anything else up, BUT now i got the works and those things are so sick! I havent bottomed out once! these shocks really kick *** but they dont handle so well goin through whoops, i need to get PEP ZPS.