PDA

View Full Version : Help--- 300ex Is Dying

"BLAHH"300!!
09-30-2001, 07:33 PM
HELLO I POSTED THIS BEFORE AND DIDN'T GET THE ANSWERS I WAS LOOKING FOR SO I'M TRYING AGAIN--

HERE GOES---
-I WAS RUNNING MY 300EX OPEN --RUNNING FROM A REDNECK--
NO OFFENCE-
WHEN I GOT HOME I WENT INSIDE PROPPED UP MY FEET AND THEIR WAS OIL ALL OVER MY LEGG OUTSIDE MY 300 HAD OIL ALL OVER THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BIKE--TRACKED IT DOWN TO THIS LITTLE RUBBER TUBE THATS UNDER THE SEAT / GAS TANK /
TRACED THE TUBE AND IT GOES IN THE HEAD OF THE MOTOR
ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE FROM THE SPARKPLUG..
PUMPED ALMOST ALL THE OIL OUTA MY MOTOR BOUT A 1/4" FROM BEING OFF THE DIPSTICK-- PUT OIL BACK IN IT AND IT'S STILL CMING OUT WHEN IT GETS HOT WHATS THAT FROM

---------THESE ARE THE ANSWERS IGOT LAST TIME----
----TOO MUCH OIL IN MOTOR----NO OIL WAS SET JST RIGHT WHEN IT HAPPEND
----NOT ENUGH OIL IN MOTOR- SAME AS ABOVE
----MAY HAVE BLOWN A SEAL--- OK WITCH ONE.. WHERE IS IT

GUYS I NEED HELP WITH THIS LOOK UNDER YOUR SEATS ON YOUR 300EX'S AND THINK WHAT TIS MAY BE NOT SURE WHERE THIS TUBE IS ON THE 400EX'S BUT IT HAS TO HAVE ONE-
---I CAN'T LET MY BEAST DIE MAN- AND IT'S KILLIN' ME NOT TO RIDE DON'T WANT TO RUN IT WHEN IT'S DOIN THIS-
COULD IT BE RINGS
THANX IN ADVANCE
TB:square
LEO -- 3PUNKSDAD ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK IT MAYBE?????
HAE I KILLED MY BIKE IT STILL RUNS FINE STARTS WITH ONE PUSH OF THE BUTTON TICK TICK VROOOM

DaveEX II
09-30-2001, 09:42 PM
You might wanna do a compression check. That tube is the vent for you crank case. When the rings are worn oil vapor and oil get past and is pressurized by the piston. That tube you spoke of then vents the vapor and oil on to you leg and all over you quad. If the compression test comes up low (LOW BEING 100 PSI OR LOWER) don't sweat it. It is easy to pop the head and jug off. Once you have the head and jug off take the wrist pin out of the piston and remove it too. If the piston looks good and there is no play in the rod that is left on the engine you can tak the jug and piston to your local bike shop and have them hone the jug and order you up a ring that will fit you piston and honed jug. Order up a new gasket kit too. I bet the whole repair could be done for under 100 bucks. This is all assuming that you problem is blow by I guess.

"BLAHH"300!!
09-30-2001, 10:09 PM
I'VE BEN RUNNING MYSELF RAGGED FOR DAYS TRYING TO GET AN ANSWER FOR THIS EVERYWHERE I HAVE IT POSTED ON ABOUT THREE OTHER FORUMS AS WELL HAHA

THANX AGAIN

- ANYONE ELSE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IT COLD BE

JUST IN CASE

Atomic83
09-30-2001, 10:18 PM
Hey dude, be easy on the CAPS :huh

"BLAHH"300!!
09-30-2001, 10:34 PM
well if im about to go inside my motor and basicaly rebuild it
what can i do while i'm in there to pep it up
performance wise...
what would you do----