PDA

View Full Version : draining battery

416expowerman
02-13-2006, 04:18 PM
i have been having problems with my 416 ex battery power. the battery was dead when i bought it. i put a new battery in it and the new battery dosent seem to be getting a charge when the quad is running. i checked all of my wires there were a couple loose ones but i tightened them. i still had the problem after. the battery dies even quicker when i ride at night with the headlights on. it is winter here in PA but it still shouldnt die like that. does anyone have any suggestions on what they think is wrong or if they could help it would mean alot to me.

thx

dirtriderhoney
02-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I too have had issues with my battery not wanting to keep a charge. When I bought my bike it was a left over from the previous year. Although it was brand new never used the battery was junk from sitting. I had the batter changed and the bike ran fine, but 5 months down the road it started the same thing again. I know there are little square medal conductors that if not installed properly or at all the bike won't have a connection to the battery. They come with the battery and they are pretty small. They go between the battery terminal and the battery itself. I could be mistaken but its a suggestion. Also, which you probably already know, the leading cause of battery drains is letting the bike sit for too long without running it, and leaving the key in the ignition turned on. Sounds funny but it happens more than you think. I know from experience.
:D

Franky G
02-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Hit sounds like your voltage regulator his not working check the voltage on the batery wen the bike his running with a multimeter and it sould be betwen 12-15amps wen its charging.