PDA

View Full Version : k&N JETKIT- AIRBOXLID or NOT???

BIGRED400
07-15-2002, 01:46 PM
I am installing a jetkit tommorow on my 2002 400 ex, does it give it alot more power if I go to the stage 2 over the stage 1.....stage 2 says to leave off the airbox lid off ,is there a BIG difference between the 2 , I am going with a K&N fiter with outerwears and a WHITE BROTHERS E-SERIES SLIP ON need quick help thanks alot guys ...ride red

2002 400 ex
2002 250 ex

07-15-2002, 01:51 PM
Take the lid off...:D

Rastus
07-15-2002, 02:38 PM
What Rico said...

mxriderona400ex
07-15-2002, 03:17 PM
yaa buddy - -
run with it with the lid for a spin,,, and then take it off and do the same run. You should see a difference. Big difference.
It's amazing how much the 400 wants air. Down here in TX, we have to clean the filter/outwewear/box after every ride cuz of the dust.
Alot of people use those 1" circle vent cut-out things, but you'll need alot of them, like 8 I bet. We just ride with the lid off and dust off the outerwear every ride...
When you go messing with jetting and air intake, you are gonna need a pipe to go with it. All that stuff works together. A stocker pipe is restrictive after tweaking the intake side. We have the K&N filter/wear and a 155 main,,we left the other jets stock. No airbox lid. LRD pipe. I love it, but my kid tells me it needs a bigger jet to help it run a little cooler, and give more fuel of course(:
My buddy down the street uses K&N with a 165 mainjet and a White Bros e-series. No lid. Runs great too. I'll prolly throw in a 165 and see if I can see any difference on mine.

We at like 800 ft +sea level. A guy up in the mountains prolly can't run this sort of setup I'd guess due to the thinner air... just a thought...prolly have to adjust for climate...

Hope this helps.