PDA

View Full Version : Help! I just want to race!

tbyrd15
02-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I have a 86 R and a 96 Banshee. I am wanting to get into MX racing. My R has a fmf pipe, larger carb, k&n, .40 over, ported cylinder (but it feels as if it is ported for top end), reeds, I think is all that will help in mx racing. My Banshee has pro circuit pipes, toomey air intake, nerfs, tether switch, and that is about all that would help me in mx racing. I think the R needs all bearings replaced, the stock shocks are pretty much shot, the frame is in rough shape(I mean the paint (its 20 years old)), but no cracks. My biggest concern is the left case, where the case saver bolts up, the bolt holes are broken (like many), but it does not leak. For the Banshee, it is about time for a new clutch. I love my R and would like to race it, but I also just have the banshee setting around. Money is the biggest issue for me right now (poor college student), but I do have this summer off and would like to begin racing. Should I focus on the R, if so what mods should I focus on or maybe put what little money I have in the banshee, if so, what mods for the banshee should I focus on. Any help or information is needed.

blasteracer24
02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
sell the banshee. Then get suspension and motor work for the r. or sell both and get a 450.

smr
02-13-2006, 03:49 PM
sell the banshee and fix up the R.

Where at in Ky at you located.

tbyrd15
02-13-2006, 07:54 PM
I want to keep the R and race it. I would also like to keep the Banshee, it is fun to play around on. I am located in southeast part of the state and I go to college in the central part of the state.

smr
02-13-2006, 08:34 PM
we live about 45 miles west of Bowling Green. If your looking for good MX tracks in ky you may want to try Ballance MX or 800mx both have good turn out for quads.

www.ballancemotox.com

www.800mx.net

good luck...look for the smr crew at any of the races and we will be glad to lend a hand if you need anything.

tbyrd15
02-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks man, if I every get one of my quad race ready, then I hope to see you at the track.