PDA

View Full Version : Help New At This

GYOGI65
02-13-2006, 12:22 PM
NEW AT ATV GAME TRYING TO BUILD A 426 EX 11:1 WIESCO PISTON STAGE 1 HOT CAM
WB REV BOX
ASSEMBLED AND DROPPED A VALVE
BUT CANT GET CAM MARKS TO LINE UP WITH TENSION ON CAM CHAIN CHAIN WORE OR DID I MESS UP SOME PLACE ELSE
ANY HELP OR INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED

Chino886
02-13-2006, 12:32 PM
a little hard to understand, try again......

if I had to guess, it sounds like you are asking how to get the timing set, and the marks on the cam sproket to line up with the head. Is that correct?

What is it doing? did you say you dropped a valve?

underpowered
02-13-2006, 12:33 PM
chain is probably just wore. when you install the tensioner the cam will rotate counter-clockwise some due to the slck being taken out of the chain. excessive rollback is a sign of a worn chain. it should not move much, it it moves about the equilelent to a tooth on the gear, get a new chain. an 02 CRF450 chain is the same other than heavy duty. cheaper also only about $35-40 vs. $90 for a stock EX chain.

GYOGI65
02-13-2006, 12:43 PM
INTAKE VALVE HIT PISTON LOST KEEPER I THINK BACK AT MACHINE SHOP
BUT HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET POPPING OUT OF EXHAUST OR TO EVEN IDLE
WHEN ADD TENSIONER ALIGNMENT MARKS ARE 1/2 TOOTH OFF

Joe400ex
02-13-2006, 02:15 PM

BLEEDRED
02-13-2006, 02:20 PM
The marks on the gear should be lined up when the tension is on the chain. If you have to, set it up and then put the tension on the chain. If it's off, tear it apart and move it one tooth.

Also sounds like it might be time for a new chain. Go with the 450 CRF timing chain. It's HD and will fit the EX with no problems. You can get the chain here along with other honda parts.

http://servicehonda.com/

GYOGI65
02-14-2006, 09:33 AM
NEW CHAIN ON ORDER THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR INFO
tryinng to teach 15 yr old how to turn wrenches and hopefully this will cure most of my problems .
Thanks again for all of info any other advice on turning this into a good mx -woods racer will be appreciated